Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Toy story 3 $8.00 off coupon now live

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-10, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Toy story 3 $8.00 off coupon now live

Originally Posted by DVDChris
My Best Buy wouldn't take the coupon. Manager was being a jerk about it too. Heading to target now.

I'd like to hear that argument.. I still refuse to buy anything at best buy If I can get it elsewhere for the same price.
Old 11-04-10, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had no problem at Best Buy yesterday, I was expecting some haggling, but nothing happened.
Old 11-04-10, 11:01 AM

Had no problem getting refunds on my 2 TS3 TRU pre-orders. After $10 cash back...total for 2 BATBs $0.24!!!!! Bought the tin at Best Buy anyway, so I ran across the street and got it there, plus they let me use the coupon without any hassle.
Old 11-04-10, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No hassle at BB for me either.
Old 11-04-10, 12:44 PM

No problem at Best Buy for me either. The girl took the coupon, didn't even try to scan it and just did some typey-typey and the discount happened. Hopefully the days of Best Buy being a jerk with these coupons are over.
Old 11-04-10, 12:48 PM

I was able to get my $5 refund from TRU without problem.

Also, I was able to get extra $2.50 off the TS3 BD from BB. BB has a promotion to get $5 off if you buy TS3 blu ray and one of the following items: TS1, TS2, Plushies, TS3 PS3 game. I bought the TS3 PS3 game and decided to return the game later. I found out what BB did in the original purchased was to take $2.50 off the TS3 BD and $2.50 off the PS3 game. That added up to $5.00 off the total. When I returned the game, they refunded $37.49 ($39.99 - $2.50). So I ended up got $2.50 off the TS3 BD combo pack. I don't know if it is the CS rep or the it is the system. But I am looking at the original receipt, it said -$2.50 disc under the TS3 BD and -$2.50 disc under the TS3 PS3 game.
Old 11-04-10, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lemmy
I used the $8 coupon at Target, plus I had a $5 gift card (!!!) so....$11.99 + tax out the door for the 4-disc combo edition. KA-ZING!!!
I had $30 bucks (!!!) sitting unused in my wallet, so I got it for free! DOUBLE KA-ZING!!!!!!
Old 11-04-10, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Peep
I had $30 bucks (!!!) sitting unused in my wallet, so I got it for free! DOUBLE KA-ZING!!!!!!
I can do one better: I used a credit card -> no cash spent whatsoever. TRIPLE KA-ZING!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-10, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
I'd like to hear that argument.. I still refuse to buy anything at best buy If I can get it elsewhere for the same price.
The manager at Best Buy told me that since Toy Story 3 was already on sale they could not take any other discounts on it. I said it's not a discount, this is a manufacturer's coupon that Disney will reimburse the 8 dollars if they send it in. The manager seemed dumbfounded, as in "where am I supposed to send it in to." I proceeded to read the address off the coupon. He still argued that he could not honor the coupon because it's on sale and I could use it when it goes back to full price. I said well the coupon expires on the 8th, so where else is going to have TS3 at full price before the 8th?

I asked him to scan it, it didn't scan, so I grabbed my coupon and walked out pretty furious. The manager had the GALL to say "have a nice day" as I walked out.
Old 11-04-10, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

The manager at Best Buy told me that since Toy Story 3 was already on sale they could not take any other discounts on it. [snip]
That is straight out of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition, I believe. You should seriously report this to Best Buy. Chances are, nothing will come of it but maybe--just maybe--there's someone higher up than this guy just itching for a reason to fire him.
Old 11-04-10, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,372 Likes on 934 Posts

I think BB is pretty notorious for having managers that won't accept these types of coupons. Just go somewhere else. There are at least 4 or 5 other retailers selling TS3 for the same price they are.
Old 11-04-10, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yep ended up going to Target. Guy at the electronics counter knew exactly what to do.
Old 11-05-10, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The manager at Best Buy told me that since Toy Story 3 was already on sale they could not take any other discounts on it. I said it's not a discount, this is a manufacturer's coupon that Disney will reimburse the 8 dollars if they send it in. The manager seemed dumbfounded, as in "where am I supposed to send it in to." I proceeded to read the address off the coupon. He still argued that he could not honor the coupon because it's on sale and I could use it when it goes back to full price. I said well the coupon expires on the 8th, so where else is going to have TS3 at full price before the 8th?
I've encountered this excuse a few times over the past few years at Best Deny. It really all depends whether or not the cashier, supervisor, manager is an ignorant a** and feels like exercising his or her power to deny (hence the store's name: Best Deny). Target has been good about manufacturer coupons (so far) and Walmart is getting better. Why waste one's time with Best Deny unless their price is better (which it rarely is) or perhaps you have some other reason to buy there (I don't)?
Old 11-05-10, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No problem using the $8.00 coupon on the 4-disc, $24.99 set at my Best Buy. I used the $5 RZ coupon I've had for a while now to reduce it further and paid the balance with the $15 gift card I got from the Sarah Marshall/Smokin' Aces blu ray deal from a few months ago, which now still has a buck and change left on it.
Old 11-05-10, 11:41 AM
bub

My local BB, Ft Smith AR., accepted that 30% off phone code, 1242489 (somebody posted it and I printed it out, never received the text message myself) and the $8 manufacturers coupon for 4-disc Toy Story 3 Blu without a problem.

$9.50 plus tax, thx BB... this time. TRU? Kiss my Asterisk!

Luck all,
George
Old 11-05-10, 12:30 PM

30% off code + $8.00 coupon also worked at my local Best Buy with no problem.
Old 11-05-10, 12:34 PM

I was able to get a pretty good deal at TRU on TS3. I'm not really sure how I did it, but I think I came out fairly well.

I had 3 pre-orders to pick up. I thought about just picking up the two and get the 2 wall clocks, popcorn tin, and $10 gift card. But then I remembered the $3 off any Disney coupon that was sent out by e-mail. So I decided to see what other Disney movies they might have to get a good deal and have extra gifts for my son. I ended up finding the Disney sing-a-long DVDs for 2 for $12 (or $6.99). I was just going to get the 1 at $6.99, but then saw that the Disney/TRU coupon book had a coupon for $6 off two sing-a-long DVDs. So that would make both of them $6. I decided to break up my pre-orders into 2 transactions.

Transaction 1:

Toy Story 3 Blu-ray combo: $34.99
Toy Story wall clock: $0
Popcorn Tin: $0
2 Sing-a-long DVDs: $12
$10 gift card: $10
TS3 coupon: - $8
Disney coupon: - $3
Disney book coupon: -$6
TS3 Deposit: - $5
Disney GC promo: - $10
The total came to about $26 (including tax). I used $15 in gift cards I had ($10 of which I got free for just starting a baby registry) bringing it down to about $11 for TS3, 2 sing-a-long DVDs, wall clock, popcorn tin, and a $10 gift card.

The second transaction was a bit tricky, as i'm not sure what happened.

Toy Story 3 combo: $34.99
Toy Story 3 combo: $34.99
Toy Story Wall Clock: $0
Toy Story Wall Clock: $0
Popcorn Tin: $0
$10 gift card: $10
TS3 deposit: -$5
TS3 deposit: -$5
Disney book coupon: -$3 (Buy TS3 and any other DVD/Blu-ray)
TS3 coupon: - $8
TS3 coupon: -$8
Disney GC promo: $-10

Now, here's where things get tricky. There was also $2.50 taken off of each TS3 blu-ray listed as some kind of $5 promo. I'm not sure if this was the TS3 and Mater Tales $5 discount or not. It's the only thing I could think of, and it was automatically applying it to 2 copies of TS3 instead of getting Mater Tales. Then on down I noticed another balance due for an additional $5 taken off. Not sure how that got there. The total came to about $35 after tax. So for $61 ($35+$26) I got 3 TS3 blu-rays, 2 sing-a-long DVDs, 3 wall clocks, 2 popcorn tins, and $20 in GCs. Take off the $20 in gift cards (as I'll probably use them especially since we have another baby on the way) and I paid $41 for all that. Even if you add the $15 in deposits back, that's still only $56. Since that included tax, that's about what I would have paid for three TS3s somewhere else after the coupon. Plus I got 3 wall clocks, 2 popcorn tins, and 2 sing-a-long DVDs. I think overall I came out pretty good from all the TRU deals. I could have even saved another $3 by having another Disney DVD coupon as I probably should have been able to print out 2 of them, but IE crashed on the first print and it only let me print 1 more time.

I may have even been able to get another $10 gift card by throwing in about $5 worth of stuff on the 2nd transaction, but my in-laws gave me the toy book from their newspaper and my son ended up tearing off the outer page of it before they gave it to me. I figured they probably just threw it away, but I forgot to ask and I had to go there today to pick it up. Since it looks like I got another $10 off anyway, I guess it worked out
Old 11-05-10, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
I've encountered this excuse a few times over the past few years at Best Deny. It really all depends whether or not the cashier, supervisor, manager is an ignorant a** and feels like exercising his or her power to deny (hence the store's name: Best Deny). Target has been good about manufacturer coupons (so far) and Walmart is getting better. Why waste one's time with Best Deny unless their price is better (which it rarely is) or perhaps you have some other reason to buy there (I don't)?
I had the same problem. Cashier said they don't take "that" coupon. Reminded her that this was a manufacturers coupon, from Disney, still no joy. Not being in the mood to argue I just said " fine, I'll go to Target". Drove across the mall and had no problem at Target.
Old 11-05-10, 02:52 PM

There seems to be a minor glitch on the BB site. If you add TS3 4 disc BD, Mater's Tall Tales BD and the TS3 plush set, it not only takes $5 off the plush set, but $5 off the DVD's (actually $2.50 off each, same strange thing that happens in store). The ad states (and the in-store registers ring up the same way) that if you buy TS3, you get $5 off ONLY one item. Plus Mater's Tall Tales is $20 online, but $25 in-store. So effectively you get an extra $10 if you order online for in-store pickup. If you can convince the register jockey to re-ring it up with the $8 TS3 coupon, you could get all three for $45 plus tax.
Old 11-08-10, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Used it at Target on Saturday for the 4 disc with Buzz action figure.
Old 11-09-10, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Three
I had the same problem. Cashier said they don't take "that" coupon. Reminded her that this was a manufacturers coupon, from Disney, still no joy. Not being in the mood to argue I just said " fine, I'll go to Target". Drove across the mall and had no problem at Target.
Tell them to call corporate, Bestbuy is listed as on The coupons website as being as being a retail partner. Sometimes i think people bend over to easy. You can prove your point by having them call corporate or call them yourself and they can verify that its a manufactures coupon and they are suppose to accept them. Ive had times in the past where i was told no, but didnt take that for an answer cause i knew they were suppose to. Now when i go into my bestbuy I have no problems either using coupons or using coupons and getting a price match at the same time.