Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$4.95 Blu Rays at DVD2Blu

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-10, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $4.95 Blu Rays at DVD2Blu

called today about an order that is taking awhile. was told smallville season 6 and both seasons of chuck are backordered.
Old 11-12-10, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by FranklinShepard
Unfortunately, looking at the site now, it looks like they've re-added the ones they took off before the promotion, and the main page now specifically says "Trade in your Warner Brothers DVDs." Sorry!
It means at least they followed through and updated the FAQ *though about 10-12 hours late) and the original poster was correct. I didn't realize they had taken away certain titles before the "any DVD" promo and just re-added them. I guess I'll have to look at which ones those are (anyone have a list?) as my theory on this promotion is they had too many of certain titles and probably removed the ones they didn't have an oversupply.

Originally Posted by efordvt
This is text that appears on my order confirmation, so I should be all set: "For each Blu-ray in your order, please send 1 qualifying DVD (disc only) to our processing center. Qualifying DVDs include any pre-recorded discs that contain professionally produced film content purchased at a regular retail or e-commerce store (excluding adult content). "
That's in mine too. So the question for anyone who places an order going forward is: does the confirmation email contain different text? If anyone tries an order now, please post what wording you see.

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
called today about an order that is taking awhile. was told smallville season 6 and both seasons of chuck are backordered.
I expect a LOT more than just those 3 titles are backordered due to the "any" DVD promotion. I'm sure the ones I want the most (TSCC S1 & S2 and Pushing Daisies S1 & S2) are also deeply backordered.
Old 11-12-10, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do they do partial shipments if any items are back-ordered?
Old 11-13-10, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Peep
Do they do partial shipments if any items are back-ordered?
was told no. entire order will ship when everything is available. ordered 13 items so those three are holding up the other 10. she said they EXPECT to fill backordered items in 7-10 business days.
Old 11-17-10, 02:25 AM
Banned

I placed an order for 25 BD's on the last day of the "Any" promotion. Got my confirmation email along with the mailing label.

Important question: Any idea how picky they will be regarding condition of the DVD's? This past summer I bought around 140 loose DVD's from a video store that was going out of business for around 7 cents each. Almost all of them are major titles from legit. studios; however, most of them have scuffs & scratches. Of course, a few didn't even look playable, but most appear to be in the "acceptable" grading range.

I searched the website's FAQ and my confirmation information & instructions & can't find anything specifying the minimum condition before the disc will be accepted. I don't mind sending BL $1 movies or other cheap movies that I've purchased for around $1, but this would be an excellent opportunity to dump the worst of these (I was planning to give a lot of these away to friends/customers or put together 4 for $1 grab-bags with some of them. I'd love to unload these for this promotion if permitted.

Any helpful info. would be appreciated. I guess I could call the number listed on the website & ask.
Old 11-17-10, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

^ I'd be shocked if they rejected a disc solely on condition, as Warner Bros. will likely just be recycling them anyway. I sent them some really scratched/unplayable discs myself. As long as it's not a bootleg/burned copy, you should be fine.
Old 11-17-10, 12:11 PM
Banned

^ ^ ^

Thanks, Joe. I'll give it a shot...never dreamed that those loose discs would come in so handy.
Old 11-19-10, 09:25 AM

Does anyone know what the time limit is before we have to mail in our discs? Last time I waited about 2 weeks, but with BF week coming up I wonder if it's safe to wait 3-4 weeks? I'm in no hurry to get the stuff as long as DVD2BLU doesn't cancel my order. No deadline is listed in their FAQ or email.

Are people really successfully sending in Public Domain stuff (the Madacy and Good Times type stuff)? I took the part of the FAQ about being sold by US retailers as meaning it's something I have to be able to look up on Amazon and find sold by Amazon (not by a 3rd party). If you can send in anything whatsoever as long as it was sold somewhere, including PD garbage from Dollar Tree, then I'm overflowing in discs, but I thought it had to be something sold on Amazon by Amazon and most of the garbage DVDs I have are not.
Old 11-21-10, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Does anyone know what the time limit is before we have to mail in our discs? Last time I waited about 2 weeks, but with BF week coming up I wonder if it's safe to wait 3-4 weeks? I'm in no hurry to get the stuff as long as DVD2BLU doesn't cancel my order. No deadline is listed in their FAQ or email.

Are people really successfully sending in Public Domain stuff (the Madacy and Good Times type stuff)? I took the part of the FAQ about being sold by US retailers as meaning it's something I have to be able to look up on Amazon and find sold by Amazon (not by a 3rd party). If you can send in anything whatsoever as long as it was sold somewhere, including PD garbage from Dollar Tree, then I'm overflowing in discs, but I thought it had to be something sold on Amazon by Amazon and most of the garbage DVDs I have are not.
I emailed them about the PD stuff from Dollar Tree and they said it was OK. If you read the FAQ carefully the PD DVDs fit all the criteria. In my email, I specifically said "Public Domain" and indicated the companies were legitimate, but were not major studios. But I'm sure it's a YMMV. I would think that the people that look at the discs will just make sure that they are not DVD-R's and you have the right count and let it be.

I haven't sent in my discs yet either, but probably will the week after BF. If they don't allow it, fine. But I don't see any time limit either.

Oh, alot of PD stuff is sold at Amazon, usually for 4-7 bucks.
Old 11-21-10, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
The last order I placed back in September, I waited almost a month to send my discs in, and didn't have a problem. I placed the order and sorta forgot about it for a while. Not saying that will be the case this time, but as you said, they don't state a deadline.
Old 11-22-10, 09:39 AM

That'sAllFolks and VamPirateXXX, thanks for that useful input. Given that sending the discs in doesn't have a deadline (and that they'll look at your order date to determine if they'll still accept "any" DVDs), I'll wait until early December to send mine in when I'll have time to go through my crappy discs. I was confused because I incorrectly thought the PD/crappy stuff had to be a current title on Amazon (i.e. says "sold by Amazon LLC") rather than something listed there by 3rd party sellers (virtually everything ever released is listed by 3rd party sellers).
Old 11-24-10, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm bummed. I have this week off and was just getting ready to pull some old DVDs and select some BD's and then saw that the website changed rules back to the old rules. The DVD must be the original DVD of the BD you're upgrading!!!
Old 11-30-10, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Fuck, waited too long.
Old 11-30-10, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also procrastinated...wanted to find out others experience in what was and was not accepted first. Oh well. Any chance this deal comes back?
Old 12-02-10, 03:41 PM

Has anyone else started to receive their Blu Rays?

It's been just over a month, but I haven't seen anything, besides the original email with the tracking number (which shows they have received my DVDs). About how long is it taking for most people? Is over four weeks 'normal' for this particular thing?

Thanks.
Old 12-02-10, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by saoirse
About how long is it taking for most people? Is over four weeks 'normal' for this particular thing?
Don't they say 4-6 weeks? Add to that the hype over this deal, plus items being out of stock, and my answer is: We have NO way of knowing how long it will REALLY take! They received my red2blu offer on 10/18 and I haven't gotten a single disc yet. On the 6th it'll be 7 weeks.
Old 12-02-10, 04:03 PM

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

All the recent posts make it sound like this program is no longer in effect, but the website is still up and running. Is it too late to take advantage?
Old 12-02-10, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by John Galt
All the recent posts make it sound like this program is no longer in effect, but the website is still up and running. Is it too late to take advantage?
The site is always up and running because the offer is usually upgrade a Warner DVD to the Blu-ray version. However, for a short time, Warner allowed you to exchange "any DVD" for a Warner Blu. But that program did end. But not for long apparently because it's looks like it's back to ANY DVD. That's good news for those that missed out.
Old 12-02-10, 04:40 PM

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

lol, so I can get in on the Any DVD promo? I can't find anything on the site specifying it has to be the same DVD so I was wanting to go ahead and place an order.
Old 12-02-10, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by John Galt
lol, so I can get in on the Any DVD promo? I can't find anything on the site specifying it has to be the same DVD so I was wanting to go ahead and place an order.
I would say, yes you can. I know for a fact this offer did end in Nov. and the site was changed because I looked at it last week or the week before and some of the posts mentioned they missed the deal. Now it's back to the Any DVD offer with the same requirements as the offer in which I participated early last month.
Old 12-02-10, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I actually just went to call them, to cancel something from my order (which I discovered I already owned--I don't care that I wasted a DVD which I already sent them). The hours in the confirmation email they sent say:
Hours:
8:00 AM EST - 10:00 PM EST Monday - Friday
8:00 AM EST - 6:00 PM EST Saturday

But the recording says they close at 8pm, and open at 9am on Saturdays. So while most businesses extend their hours during the holidays, WB apparently shortens them. The phone # is 1-866-842-1711 in case anyone else needs to call them.
Old 12-02-10, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jwstl
The site is always up and running because the offer is usually upgrade a Warner DVD to the Blu-ray version. However, for a short time, Warner allowed you to exchange "any DVD" for a Warner Blu. But that program did end. But not for long apparently because it's looks like it's back to ANY DVD. That's good news for those that missed out.
I'm happy again but what's with the flip-flop?! I imagine it makes it hard for the redemption center to validate orders...I could see this getting messy.
Old 12-02-10, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by b2net
Don't forget the $4.95 per order shipping fees....
I thought shipping was free. Not anymore I guess.
Old 12-02-10, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by melih69
I thought shipping was free. Not anymore I guess.
It's free on orders over $35, the same as the previous offer.
Old 12-03-10, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Looks like this show is back on the road, I wonder if it is too risky to wait until after xmas....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.