Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Question about pre-ordering BD's at TRU

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-10, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about pre-ordering BD's at TRU

Has anyone had any success pre-ordering at one TRU and picking up at another? The one where I placed my TB3 pre-order doesn't accept the DMR coupons. However, one that's not too far does (confirmed on phone). Before I make the trip out there, I'd like to know if they're going to shoot me down since the pre-order is from another store.
Old 09-23-10, 06:20 AM

Re: Question about pre-ordering BD's at TRU

If you watch other deal forums...Rule #1...

NEVER CALL!!!

The rep on the phone may tell you that DMR may not be accepted..but that's the specific rep you spoke with. Who knows what you'll get at the register.

To answer your question..yes you can order at one and pickup at another.

But again...DON'T CALL and bring attention to deals!!!
Old 09-23-10, 07:14 AM

True. Unless you specifically get helped by the person you were on the phone with, you could get an entirely different outcome. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't get the same "It's written in our SOPs that we don't take manufacurer's coupons unless it's TRU or KRU." Even that statement is bogus because neither TRU nor KRU is a manufacturer of anything.

Thanks for answering my pre-order question.
Old 09-23-10, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My answer is different: No. My local Toys R' Us only carries what was pre-ordered FROM them. So if you waltz in with a pre-order from another store you're SOL. This is especially true on release week when they don't have more stock than what was pre-ordered until the next shipment, which could take as much as a week.
Old 09-23-10, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I called and I demanded the gift card that the pre-order card stated they would give me for picking up my copy of Tinkerbell on Tuesday. I understand that you shouldn't call on these deals but in this case the store clerks were not trying to resolve the problem and I had to call to get what was owed to me.
Old 09-23-10, 08:22 PM
Cool New Member

I've never been successful picking up at a different TRU either. They have refused to give me my $5 deposit on the item unless I return to the same store where it was placed.
Old 09-24-10, 03:53 PM

I havent had an issue with a pre-order and a DMC coupon at my local TRU (Torrance, CA). In fact, that store has become my exclusive spot for Disney BD new releases.

I cant speak on how others stores work, but there hasnt been an issue at all with manufacturer's coupons or the inability to pick-up pre-orders. Now, I have never tried to pick up an an order that was placed at another location, since that would obviously impact the store's stock nor would I recommend doing such a thing since most TRUs dont just carry an excessive amount of BD movies like Best Buy or Frys. If you pick up a pre-order from a store where you ddint place the order, chances are that youre taking someone else's movies.