Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

20% off entire order @ goHastings.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-10, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 20% off entire order @ goHastings.com

Originally Posted by dino88
Had you done any research (or even just asked here) before placing your order you would have known that previously viewed = former rental. You received a full refund the first time you contacted them and were not asked to go through the hassle of returning the defective item, so I'm not sure what your complaint is about the customer service.
Easy chief, I knew full well that I'd get a former rental. Like I said, that in itself wasn't a problem. What I didn't know was that Fox released a rental exlcusive disc for Date Night, and Gohastings misled me by indicating that the content of the disc would be the same as a used copy. Additionally, the representative outright lied to me when she said the FAQ explains that special features aren't guaranteed on used/previously viewed copies (which I still maintain is a ridiculous position to hold).

Sure, they gave me a refund, but what I really wanted was a 'used' (even if it's a former rental) copy of Date Night, with the extended cut and special features included. Gohastings wasn't able to get me this, even though I feel it's what I ordered.

Good customer service would've been shipping out what I'd ordered instead of issuing a refund. Placing the order again now would cost almost double what I paid now that the shipping deal is (sort of) dead. You may be perfectly happy with their site misleading customers about products and then them just pretending like the order never happened when a customer calls them out on it, but I'm not. Like I said, it wasn't absolutely terrible service, but it certainly wasn't good.

Last edited by Nathan A; 10-22-10 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-22-10, 01:17 PM

I get this....

Promotion code WIN0810 has expired.

guess its over with now
Old 10-22-10, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by deggenbe
I get this....

Promotion code WIN0810 has expired.

guess its over with now
Someone bumped old thread. That code expired awhile ago.
New code is USED25 & it's for 25% off some used DVDs & CDs and 10% off some used blus.
GHWES1010 gives you $5 off a $25 purchase for smaller olders.
Old 10-22-10, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Undeadcow
The fun's over... the free halloween costume shipping deal has now been made a code (HOWL). Since it no longer applies automatically it cannot stack with 25% off (USED25).
Glad I made an order last night, no Blu-ray but I picked up a bunch of cheap DVDs.

28 Days Later Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.04
28 Weeks Later Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
Saw IV Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
The Hills Have Eyes 2 Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
The Demon Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
Hatchet Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.22
Club Dread Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
Halloween: H2O Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.55
Butterfly Effect Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
Cobra / Tango & Cash Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.32
Commando Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.04
Red Heat Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
Desperado Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
From Dusk Till Dawn Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.99
Once Upon a Time in Mexico Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
The Adventures of Ford Fairlane Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.23
Lethal Weapon 1-3 Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.22
Vampire Fangs with Blood Seasonal $2.99

Total: $19.97
Old 10-22-10, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I always have bad luck with Hastings. I placed an order at 11 last night and I receive a cancellation email at 8:30am for the one item I wanted most. I find it odd that I could place an order after hours and receive a cancellation before business hours the next day.
Old 10-22-10, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by kyleblack
Glad I made an order last night, no Blu-ray but I picked up a bunch of cheap DVDs.

28 Days Later Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.04
28 Weeks Later Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
Saw IV Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
The Hills Have Eyes 2 Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
The Demon Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
Hatchet Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.22
Club Dread Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
Halloween: H2O Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.55
Butterfly Effect Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
Cobra / Tango & Cash Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.32
Commando Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.04
Red Heat Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
Desperado Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
From Dusk Till Dawn Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.99
Once Upon a Time in Mexico Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $0.67
The Adventures of Ford Fairlane Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.23
Lethal Weapon 1-3 Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.22
Vampire Fangs with Blood Seasonal $2.99

Total: $19.97
Best dollar spent in the history of the world (adjusted for inflation, of course).
Old 10-23-10, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jwstl
I always have bad luck with Hastings. I placed an order at 11 last night and I receive a cancellation email at 8:30am for the one item I wanted most. I find it odd that I could place an order after hours and receive a cancellation before business hours the next day.
Their out of stock function appears to have a lag in it. Sometimes you can even order something that says it's out of stock, which doesn't necessarily mean it will get canceled.
Old 10-23-10, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jwstl
The same here on a Blu-ray I wanted. I got a cancellation notice few minutes after. Their inventory system is def not the best.
Old 10-23-10, 11:55 AM

I have made many orders with Go Hastings..and am very impressed with their service. However, they sometimes have VERY new releases as used- which I think may be returns.

I have purchased many VERY newly released USED Blu Rays but SOME (Star Trek Season 3, Prince of Persia, How to Train Your Dragon, Iron Man 2) have had severe playback (some 1/2 way through the movie) problems that warranted replacements.

Many of you are ordering a lot of discs..I know their prices were inexpensive- but just make sure you have time to watch to ensure the discs playback.
Old 10-23-10, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

So far I've received 1 wrong item (Exorcism of Emily Rose instead of Franco's Exorcism); I always think it's hilarious that Hastings sends blatently incorrect items sometimes. Glad they have such great customer service.
Old 10-23-10, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

^ I had accidently ordered a Fullscreen copy of 'Without a Paddle' for $0.89 and they ended up sending me the Widescreen version. That's one mistake I can live with.
Old 10-23-10, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Wow, for a $51 order they want $14 shipping!! So theres no way to get it free now? I went to the complete order screen and I cant even use the 25% off coupon...

Last edited by Ravenous; 10-23-10 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-23-10, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Undeadcow
So far I've received 1 wrong item (Exorcism of Emily Rose instead of Franco's Exorcism); I always think it's hilarious that Hastings sends blatently incorrect items sometimes. Glad they have such great customer service.
A couple months ago I ordered Crank 2 on blu and they sent me Snakes on a Plane on blu. Still don't know how they fucked that one up but they did refund it without sending back the movie. Their customer service is awesome.
Old 10-23-10, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Someone bumped old thread. That code expired awhile ago.
New code is USED25 & it's for 25% off some used DVDs & CDs and 10% off some used blus.
GHWES1010 gives you $5 off a $25 purchase for smaller olders.
I used this code to get 5 dollars off my pre-order of Twilight Zone Season 2 on Blu-Ray. After the coupon and even with taxes and shipping it was still about 14 dollars less than Amazon (56 and some change to 70.49). Thanks for posting that code!
Old 10-23-10, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kbjorn
I have made many orders with Go Hastings..and am very impressed with their service. However, they sometimes have VERY new releases as used- which I think may be returns.

I have purchased many VERY newly released USED Blu Rays but SOME (Star Trek Season 3, Prince of Persia, How to Train Your Dragon, Iron Man 2) have had severe playback (some 1/2 way through the movie) problems that warranted replacements.

Many of you are ordering a lot of discs..I know their prices were inexpensive- but just make sure you have time to watch to ensure the discs playback.
Good to know. I ordered about 75, so even if I watched one a day it would take 2.5 months to watch them all. I usually watch about 3 a week so a realistic timeframe is 25 weeks!!!
Old 10-24-10, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Wow, for a $51 order they want $14 shipping!! So theres no way to get it free now? I went to the complete order screen and I cant even use the 25% off coupon...
Their shipping is on a per item basis, just an FYI on future purchases. The only reason being is items can and almost always ship from many of their stores. That's why this last promotion was so sweet to say the least.
Old 10-24-10, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by izatright
In most of our experiences, and I am referring to the whole message board, if it's still in stock they will send you a better copy immediately and for free. If it's out of stock then, of course, they'll refund the amount. I've had to have items refunded, but when it comes to that the bargains make up for it. Also, their rentals are referred to as "previously viewed." If you order those, then you might get rental related issues.
Yeah I knew about previously used being rentals. I made sure I ordered "USED" on everything instead of "previously viewed." I don't mind not getting digital copies (I don't expect to receive those) but I'm a stickler about having all the extra features.
Old 10-24-10, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Their shipping is on a per item basis, just an FYI on future purchases. The only reason being is items can and almost always ship from many of their stores. That's why this last promotion was so sweet to say the least.
Yeah, even without the extra 10% the free shipping alone is a great deal.
Old 10-25-10, 04:54 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by 1895Gus
I placed an order last night - got the free shipping and the 10% off USED.

Quantity:1,Batman Begins Used - Blu-ray $6.60Discount: 1 for $6.6 each
Quantity:1,District 9 Used - Blu-ray $5.63Discount: 1 for $5.63 each
Quantity:1,Watchmen Used - Blu-ray $6.87Discount: 1 for $6.87 each
Quantity:1,Vampire Fangs with Blood Seasonal $2.99
Quantity:1,Up Used - Blu-ray $12.87Discount: 1 for $12.870000000000001 each

Merchandise:$34.96
Tax: $0.00
Shipping/Handling:FREE
Total:$34.96
Wow - got all my discs and my fangs in the mail today. Was not expecting it so soon (this was my first time ordering from GH)! Everything mint except for Watchmen case which has a crack in the spine..will have to try and find and find a replacement 3 disc case. Will have to watch these soon to see if there are any defects but consider me very happy with this biz.

Thanks OP!
Old 10-25-10, 05:47 PM

Some of you guys are lucky - I ordered about 50 DVDs in my first order and only about a dozen are decent looking.

The majority of the more obscure titles I bought as 'used' are all ex-rentals. They are in Blockbuster style cases and either still have the Hasting rental stickers or sticky residue around the hub of the disc. Most are resurfaced, but a few discs are pretty scratched up. I doubt they will have problems playing, but they still look well-worn. Not bad for $2-$3 each on average, I guess.

Ironically, the one DVD I actually ordered as 'Previously Viewed' arrived absolutely mint.

Last edited by joe_b; 11-01-10 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-26-10, 12:06 AM

I've had good luck with about 30 single Blu-rays and DVDs, but not so with TV series box sets. I just received my second copy of Will & Grace - Season 3 (the first was pitiful!) as well as Las Vegas - Season Five. The discs look like they're been dragged along the floor or used as Frisbees. I would throw these away where as GoHastings sells them! Hopefully my descriptive e-mail to customer service will yield a refund as I fear replacements will be just as bad or worse.
Old 10-26-10, 06:01 AM

^ Now I'm worried. I also placed a second order for about 20 season sets in the $4-$7 range. So far, they all have shipped. Considering how cheap they were, I'm willing to make allowances for a few scratches/shelfwear - I'll just keep my fingers crossed that they at least look halfway decent.
Old 10-26-10, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think a majority of the Blu-rays I gotten have been in great condition. I cannot speak for the cases or the artwork sometimes which is hit or miss.
Old 10-26-10, 09:50 AM

I received a used copy of Modern Family season 1 on Blu Ray yesterday. The discs looked great but the case was cracked at the bottom. I love the 25% off sales they have on used Blus & DVD's. It's a great way to get TV sets for a cheap price. I think I paid bout $21 for Modern Family.
Old 10-26-10, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My latest batch was mostly pristine. Snow White Blu even came with the slip cover.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.