Old 08-02-10, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Buy 2 Select Blu-Rays for $20 & get a free $15 Gift Card @ BestBuy.com

Originally Posted by silentbob007
My giftcard just shipped.
Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Same here
Same here also. Now to decide what to spend the $15 GC on?
Old 08-02-10, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
Same here also. Now to decide what to spend the $15 GC on?
I'll probably hang onto my card until Black Friday. Several of the Blu-rays that are on sale for $9.99 were $7.99 on BF last year. And that was before Blu-ray prices really started tanking.
Old 08-02-10, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Picked up my copies of Flash and Darkman this evening, and got the email that my $15 GC has shipped....even if I hate both films, I'll sure I'll get more than $5 for trade-in value for them....
Old 08-02-10, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to get this deal in-store, but was shot down. The sign clearly stated 2 for $20, and both titles I wanted were pictured (Flash Gordon and Wanted), but they rang up full price. The $15 GC did generate, however. I tried to tell them they were 2 for $20, and pointed to the sign. They said they would let me have it, but not with the GC too. Oh well. I passed then...
Old 08-03-10, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at216800050024

The 4 titles that work for both sales are Serenity, Flash Gordon, Wanted, and Darkman.

Choose in-store pickup for even more savings.

YMMV if you want to pricematch @ B&M for $5 for both.
My slickdeals post! Who are you on slickdeals? ;P
Old 08-03-10, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DEAD. All the movies listed are now $23 each.
Old 08-03-10, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I tried to get this deal in-store, but was shot down. The sign clearly stated 2 for $20, and both titles I wanted were pictured (Flash Gordon and Wanted), but they rang up full price. The $15 GC did generate, however. I tried to tell them they were 2 for $20, and pointed to the sign. They said they would let me have it, but not with the GC too. Oh well. I passed then...
I had the same issue yesterday at my local Best Buy when I tried to get Flash Gordon and Darkman. However, it was late afternoon and the store was sparse with customers. The clerk asked that I show him where I got both discs. I took him to an endcap that was arranged with 2 for $20 titles with the sale sign and list of titles prominently displayed. Discussing it with a manager, she authorized the price adjustment so that I could get them for $10 each plus the $15 gift card.
Old 08-03-10, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I placed an order for pickup at Store 1. During checkout, I needed to change my billing address, and when I did that the site defaulted my pickup to Store 2. I didn't notice until I placed the order and got my confirmation email.

I figured I'd "cancel" the order at Store 2 by not picking it up, and placed another order at Store 1. I then did the pickup at Store 1.

A couple hours ago I received two emails saying that both of my $15 gift cards have shipped. So what will happen with the gift card for the order at Store 2 that I don't intend to pick up? Will I only get refunded back $5 (i.e., the difference between the purchase price and the gift card amount)? I was only in town for a couple of days visiting family so I can't go to Store 2 to pick up or cancel.
Old 08-03-10, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 330 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by illennium
I placed an order for pickup at Store 1. During checkout, I needed to change my billing address, and when I did that the site defaulted my pickup to Store 2. I didn't notice until I placed the order and got my confirmation email.

I figured I'd "cancel" the order at Store 2 by not picking it up, and placed another order at Store 1. I then did the pickup at Store 1.

A couple hours ago I received two emails saying that both of my $15 gift cards have shipped. So what will happen with the gift card for the order at Store 2 that I don't intend to pick up? Will I only get refunded back $5 (i.e., the difference between the purchase price and the gift card amount)? I was only in town for a couple of days visiting family so I can't go to Store 2 to pick up or cancel.
I am guessing they would just charge you $15 for the gift card, worst case.

Last edited by SterlingBen; 08-03-10 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-03-10, 04:17 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Gift Card shipped but not the movies...
Old 08-03-10, 04:21 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

As soon as I clicked submit, my iPhone dinged with an email from Best Buy saying my order has shipped.
Old 08-03-10, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

GC shipped yesterday. Flash and Darkman shipped today. Great deal!
Old 08-03-10, 11:00 PM

Thanks to everyone for posting these deals. I found the endcap at the store for the $15 gift card. I actually showed the rep this thread on my iphone and he stacked the 2 for $20 just based on that. So, with the combined deals over the past few days I was able to pick up:

Wanted
Flash Gordon
Natural Born Killers
Any Given Sunday
Batman: Under the Red Hood w/ figure
for a total of $28 plus tax.
Pretty nice
Old 08-03-10, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I went to BB tonight and they had the 2 for $20 display and the $15 gift card display so I took Darkman and Flash Gordon to checkout to see what might happen. They rang up at full price of course. So I directed them to the 2 for $20 sign which necessitated a call to the manager who adjusted the price. She wasn't happy about it but she did it. So I got the 2 Blus and the $15 gift card for $20 plus tax. Thanks for the deal.

Last edited by jwstl; 08-03-10 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-05-10, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Even though I was shot down the other day, after seeing all the success stories here, I tried it again at a different BB. The cashier seemed like a newbie. She didn't have the white sticker, but another cashier was directing her on how to do things. She went back with me so I could show her the 2 for $20 display. Then she had to call for a supervisor override. The cashier knew it was prompting for a free $15 GC, but she didn't mention that to the supervisor, and the supervisor didn't notice when she was over there. So I had no problem getting my two BD's for $6.10. I paid with a GC, so I had no money out of pocket whatsoever!

Huge thanks to iNCREDiPiNOY for this ridiculously sick post...
Old 08-05-10, 11:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Even though I was shot down the other day, after seeing all the success stories here, I tried it again at a different BB. The cashier seemed like a newbie. She didn't have the white sticker, but another cashier was directing her on how to do things. She went back with me so I could show her the 2 for $20 display. Then she had to call for a supervisor override. The cashier knew it was prompting for a free $15 GC, but she didn't mention that to the supervisor, and the supervisor didn't notice when she was over there. So I had no problem getting my two BD's for $6.10. I paid with a GC, so I had no money out of pocket whatsoever!

Huge thanks to iNCREDiPiNOY for this ridiculously sick post...

Going to the Brewers game tomorrow.. what store should I be stopping at??
Old 08-06-10, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Got my giftcard in the mail and already returned my copy of Serenity using my Target receipt from a couple months ago. This turned out to be a great deal.
Old 08-06-10, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
Going to the Brewers game tomorrow.. what store should I be stopping at??
LOL! Well, I was successful in Menomonee Falls, which would be considerably out of your way. I was shot down at Mayfair, which wouldn't have been far out of your way... Of course, it is always YMMV at any store. All depends on the supervisor working...
Old 08-06-10, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Got my giftcard in the mail and already returned my copy of Serenity using my Target receipt from a couple months ago. This turned out to be a great deal.
I did the same thing too. Usually cheaper prices happen 91+ days after I buy, but for Serenity and Resident Evil Extinction it was under 90 days. When returning the employee commented that I got good prices ($7.99 on Serenity and $8.99 on RE:E) so why was I returning them? I said because I found an even better price ($2.50 on Serenity and $7.99 on RE:E). Then she said we'd pricematch those ads. I said the $2.50 was a limited time online deal you wouldn't have matched. I guess it would be easier if they just took them back instead of making me explain, but I think the person was just trying to chat and not grill me.
Old 08-06-10, 10:58 AM

This was an awesome deal. I bought all four and received both of my gift cards in the mail yesterday. Combine those with a $25 GC I just got for my birthday and a $10 RZ certificate, and I've got $65 in free money burning a hole in my pocket.
Old 08-06-10, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received my Darkman and Flash Gordon BD's along with my $15 GC (in separate mailings) today.
Old 08-06-10, 01:31 PM

I got Darkman and Flash Gordon today, but there was no GC inside. Has this happened to anyone else?

Maybe it was another mailing now that I think about it. But that one shipped a day before the movies. I hope it's not lost.
Old 08-06-10, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ozzfan84
I got Darkman and Flash Gordon today, but there was no GC inside. Has this happened to anyone else?

Maybe it was another mailing now that I think about it. But that one shipped a day before the movies. I hope it's not lost.
Separate mailings. I received both gift-cards today, but no movies. (One order was in-store pick-up, the other shipped). BTW - Does anyone know how long you get to do in-store pick-up before they send 'em back?
Old 08-06-10, 01:58 PM

Thanks dude. What did the GC come in, a regular envelope?
Old 08-06-10, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Separate mailings. I received both gift-cards today, but no movies. (One order was in-store pick-up, the other shipped). BTW - Does anyone know how long you get to do in-store pick-up before they send 'em back?
I believe you have eight days.

I am glad I bit on this deal. I did in-store pickup on the BDs. I have yet to receive my GC in the mail, but maybe this weekend it will show up. Seems a lot of people have gotten the GC already.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.