Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

When In Rome $10 off Coupon

Old 06-15-10, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When In Rome $10 off Coupon

I'm surprised there wasn't a thread for this already (or is there?). But anyway, the coupon is from Disney.

CLICK HERE
Old 06-15-10, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: When In Rome $10 off Coupon

Thanks! I didn't even know this was a Disney title!
Old 06-15-10, 08:05 AM

Me either. Walmart.com has it listed for $20, so if u can get BB to price match, it makes this $10.
Old 06-15-10, 08:41 AM

http://video.movies.go.com/wheninrome/

Wow she's hut!

Last edited by iNCREDiPiNOY; 06-15-10 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-15-10, 09:14 AM

Thanks for posting. I may consider it, but I'm so tired of dealing with retailers and these doggone coupons! It makes no sense that I have to enter a store tense and nervous because I'll soon be making an attempt to use a legitimate coupon. Even Target has started getting ugly with me and these coupons. At first it was Wal-mart and BB, now Target too.
Old 06-15-10, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mraw View Post
Thanks for posting. I may consider it, but I'm so tired of dealing with retailers and these doggone coupons! It makes no sense that I have to enter a store tense and nervous because I'll soon be making an attempt to use a legitimate coupon. Even Target has started getting ugly with me and these coupons. At first it was Wal-mart and BB, now Target too.
Really? I've never used one of these before and was about to take it to Target. I'm really not in the mood to argue for a legitimate coupon.
Old 06-15-10, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Really? I've never used one of these before and was about to take it to Target. I'm really not in the mood to argue for a legitimate coupon.
I would still try it at Target. I tend to try and check out with a younger person, but yesterday Target was filled with older people with issues. I went to BB and the register kept rejecting the coupon although it was valid. The coupon in question was for "Alice in Wonderland". This was the second time I had an issue with Target, but with the same coupon.
Old 06-15-10, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
YMMV... I wouldn't get all worried about it if you haven't had any trouble yet, most stores should accept them fine but you may eventually for one reason or another get told you can't use one and if that happens if you don't feel like arguing just take it to another store.
Old 06-15-10, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by komsik View Post
YMMV... I wouldn't get all worried about it if you haven't had any trouble yet, most stores should accept them fine but you may eventually for one reason or another get told you can't use one and if that happens if you don't feel like arguing just take it to another store.
I had several items to purchase in addition to the Blu-ray and I was told "You can't use a coupon with a price match". I left all that stuff sitting on the counter and walked out. If a price is advertised in a paper, it's probably best to go to that location first. When cashiers have to go in and make more than one adjustment to a price (match + coupon) they get nervous and start telling you what can't be done without trying it out.

I'm almost certain that your experience will be better than mine. I've gone to Target for all those other Disney/Pixar Blu-ray deals where everyone was getting two sets for less than $5 etc.
Old 06-15-10, 10:28 AM

Just did the price match and used the coupon @ BB with no problems at all. $11.54 out the door.
Old 06-15-10, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mraw View Post
I had several items to purchase in addition to the Blu-ray and I was told "You can't use a coupon with a price match". I left all that stuff sitting on the counter and walked out. If a price is advertised in a paper, it's probably best to go to that location first. When cashiers have to go in and make more than one adjustment to a price (match + coupon) they get nervous and start telling you what can't be done without trying it out.
For price-matching at Target, I agree with you 100%. Price-matching there is like pulling teeth. They make you do it at customer service (the policy at all 10 of my local stores), and then won't let you use a coupon, even though they will get reimbursed for the coupon. After 3 unsuccessful attempts there, I gave up. I will never price match at Target again, coupon or no coupon. It isn't worth my aggravation. I'll continue to PM at BB from time to time, since I usually don't have a hassle there, and they can do it at the register...
Old 06-15-10, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So I ended up going to Walmart because I wanted to pick up something at the RedBox. Price ended up being $25 (strange price not $24.96)

Cashier read the whole coupon and was about to say I couldn't use it then started reading again and finally put it through. $16.50 out the door, not great but good enough for a movie I was going to get anyway.
Old 06-15-10, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Drav3n View Post
Just did the price match and used the coupon @ BB with no problems at all. $11.54 out the door.
Just curious how you prove that Walmart.com has it for $20 to the cashier? Do they just take your word for it? Or do you print off the page online and show that?
Old 06-15-10, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by inksketcher View Post
Just curious how you prove that Walmart.com has it for $20 to the cashier? Do they just take your word for it? Or do you print off the page online and show that?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/14123387

That was all I printed. I've printed out several prices from their website, and BB has always matched it for me.
Old 06-15-10, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by inksketcher View Post
My BB won't match the online price, as they shouldn't, they call Walmart and not only check the price but the stock. If it's sold out they call a 2nd Walmart.

If it's still out of stock...you aren't supposed to get the price match. From my experience you still have a 50/50 of getting it depending on who you get at customer service.

However, as I've stated before both of my local BB's always take coupons. They do read them closely (no single disc if it says combo), but it's not even something that gives me pause or trepidation because I'm told it's their policy to take any legitimate coupon.

That said, I don't like having to do the PM thing with Walmart, so I'm kind of grateful for once that I don't have much interest in Remember Me ($8 coupon) and none in When In Rome.
Old 06-15-10, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Drav3n View Post
http://www.walmart.com/ip/14123387

That was all I printed. I've printed out several prices from their website, and BB has always matched it for me.
You are getting away with murder and your BB is totally letting you.

Good for you, though. If they let you do that, I guess it's not your problem.
Old 06-15-10, 01:54 PM

I've only done it for the Vengeance Trilogy Box Set, Sukiyaki Western Django and now this movie. I rented it before I open it, incase it sucks, then I can just return/sell the unopened copy. lol

If they turned down the PM, no big deal to me as I was still intending to buy the BD anyway. (except in this case)
Old 06-15-10, 01:56 PM

Price matched with Ultimate Electronics for $18.95. Used the coupon for $10 off. Out the door at Best Buy for $8.95.

This movie isn't supposed to be that great, but I got the Blu-Ray for less than the cost of a theater ticket, so I can't complain.
Old 06-17-10, 02:20 PM

Watched this last weekend. The only way I'd buy it is if it was on sale for $15 and I had a $10 coupon. This will be in the 9.99 aisle at WM in a few months.
Old 06-17-10, 02:25 PM

I'm glad I didnt open this. I rented it before opening it...this movie had a good cast and a few funny moments, but otherwise wasnt good. I think Im gonna return it.
Old 06-17-10, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Funny.. I was just reading the DVD Talk Review.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/44203/when-in-rome/
Old 06-17-10, 06:40 PM

I actually thought the reviews Ive read were a bit harsh. It had a surprisingly funny cast, but the movie was so clichéd. It was worth a rental, but I don't see a reason to go back and watch it again.
Old 06-21-10, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I ended up getting it for $10ish.. and it was worth just more than a rental.. I likely will watch it again so that made it worth it.. but I can see why most folks didn't care for it..