Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Buy New Moon BD at Target for $24.99 and get a Twilight Documentary DVD for 'free'

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Buy New Moon BD at Target for $24.99 and get a Twilight Documentary DVD for 'free'

Old 03-09-10, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Alright, here is next weeks ad:

So buy New Moon for $24.99, and get the Twilight Doc DVD for $9.99. But you get a $5 giftcard so the Doc only costs $4.99. But wait...there is a coupon to get an additional $5 off if you buy New Moon and the Twilight Doc!

Buy New Moon and One of the following : Astro Boy DVD/Blu, Bandslam, or Twighlight in the forks----Get $5 off
http://www.redplum.com
Old 03-09-10, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Buy New Moon BD at Target for $24.99 and get a Twilight Documentary DVD for 'free

I've heard that "Twilight in Forks" is rather lackluster - and this coming from a crazy twihard and not a film buff at all.
Old 03-09-10, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Buy New Moon BD at Target for $24.99 and get a Twilight Documentary DVD for 'free

If anyone is interested, here's a compiled list of all the various "New Moon" releases.
Old 03-10-10, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Best Buy look the best of the them all, went to Forks with wife and daughter, cool thing to do but I do not think I need the extra disk from Target.
Old 03-10-10, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by snausages View Post
If anyone is interested, here's a compiled list of all the various "New Moon" releases.
Thanks for the list. I'll be getting NM from Target, but without that Forks Documentary
Old 03-10-10, 09:22 PM

What all comes on the Wal-mart edition besides the Eclipse stuff?
Old 03-10-10, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by gdstudent View Post
What all comes on the Wal-mart edition besides the Eclipse stuff?
Other than the Eclipse extra, it will be in a lenticular packaging.
Old 03-10-10, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by snausages View Post
Other than the Eclipse extra, it will be in a lenticular packaging.
Hmmm.... I think I'll get the Target edition on Blu-ray and the Wal-mart edition on DVD. I want the film on DVD too so I guess this will be the best way to get all the content. Plus when Eclipse comes out all the Wal-mart content will become obsolete anyways.
Old 03-14-10, 10:24 PM

Getting the Terrrget (Target) Edition, best priced, bonus disc, and I am collecting the series with the Target Collections. I wish the BD came with DVD, but I will just have to get the DVD. Don't use the BD player as much as I thought I would. I only buy Combo packs [BD/DVD]. I <3 Combos.
Old 03-14-10, 10:37 PM

I’ve never gotten a free giftcard from Target before. How does it work? Do they give it to you before your purchase so you can apply it towards the total?
Old 03-14-10, 10:45 PM

Iíve never gotten a free giftcard from Target before. How does it work? Do they give it to you before your purchase so you can apply it towards the total?
Nope...in my opinion, wouldn't make sense to apply it towards the total. If they did that, they might as well just skip the gift card and deduct an extra (i.e.) $5 from the total.

They will give you a gift card for a future purchase at Target.
Old 03-14-10, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by DonkeyKong View Post
Nope...in my opinion, wouldn't make sense to apply it towards the total. If they did that, they might as well just skip the gift card and deduct an extra (i.e.) $5 from the total.

They will give you a gift card for a future purchase at Target.
Oh ok, I guess Iíll just use it towards Toy Story 1 & 2 next week.
Old 03-15-10, 01:02 AM

Wasn't going to buy the Forks DVD, but since it's free, I'll get it.
Old 03-15-10, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Iíve never gotten a free giftcard from Target before. How does it work? Do they give it to you before your purchase so you can apply it towards the total?
Where are you a student at?