Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hollywood Video $6.99 used

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-10, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hollywood Video $6.99 used

This is a new one, now I am wondering that the hell is going on.

Label/Receipt Number: 9102 8052 1390 7304 9429 26
Class: Package Services
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our MEMPHIS, TN 38136 facility on April 5, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, April 05, 2010, 12:52 pm, MEMPHIS, TN 38136
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, April 04, 2010, 11:34 pm, MEMPHIS, TN 38136
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, April 02, 2010, 9:54 am, BELL, CA 90201
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, March 31, 2010, 8:44 am, MEMPHIS, TN 38136
Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, March 29, 2010

It looks like they ship it back.

Also not sure about anyone else but I got this email the other day (its the same one sent twice before)

I apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately we do not have another copy of the correct item to send you. We can offer you a 20% discount if you would like to keep the item you received or we can send a return envelope to retrieve the incorrect item and isue you a full refund for the missing item. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Jordan

HollywoodVideo Web Sales

-----

I sent them a very long email and I am now going to call them. What piss me off is they still have them forsale, and they want to give me another 20% off on something they never ship and do not have in stock.
Old 04-06-10, 10:46 AM

I got two emails..... first one of my order of ank job blu ray and cruel intentions blu ray

They say that they are out of cruel intentions but the rest of my order will ship! well thats fine but they already charged my card the full amount for both blu rays- no refund what so ever for the missing cruel intentions

Second email for the order of 5 more blu rays and they sent a tracking number but not sure who is shipping it? I checked fed ex and they have no record of that number

This is getting ridiculous they better be giving me a refund
Old 04-06-10, 11:53 AM

i got step brothers (with both discs) and hancock today everything was ok except the dvd cases but i have some extra cases so it doesnt bother me.
Old 04-06-10, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by vedderone

Second email for the order of 5 more blu rays and they sent a tracking number but not sure who is shipping it? I checked fed ex and they have no record of that number
Its USPS
Old 04-06-10, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story [Blu-ray]
Step Brothers [WS] [Unrated/Rated] [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]
Hannah Montana: The Movie [Deluxe Edition] [3 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD]

Total: $21.85 ($7.28 each)

Not bad. Hannah Montana is for my sister (really, it is!) and I'm curious how they will ship all three discs (if I get all three). Does anyone know? Do they have three-disc rental cases?
Old 04-06-10, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story [Blu-ray]
Step Brothers [WS] [Unrated/Rated] [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]
Hannah Montana: The Movie [Deluxe Edition] [3 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD]

Total: $21.85 ($7.28 each)

Not bad. Hannah Montana is for my sister (really, it is!) and I'm curious how they will ship all three discs (if I get all three). Does anyone know? Do they have three-disc rental cases?
Judging by previous posters in this thread, you're getting the BR disc and that's it.
Old 04-06-10, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
Judging by previous posters in this thread, you're getting the BR disc and that's it.
Ah, that sucks. Still not a bad price though. Thanks!
Old 04-06-10, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You're not going to get 3 discs. Includes digital copy is code for "doesn't include digital copy" with them lol
Old 04-06-10, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by glassdragon
You're not going to get 3 discs. Includes digital copy is code for "doesn't include digital copy" with them lol
Do you think I have a chance of getting the DVD copy along with the BD? I'm only asking because, even though we have a blu-ray player in our living room, I was hoping she would be able to watch it on her DVD player in her room.

Last edited by PopcornBandit; 04-06-10 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-06-10, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't receive the "bonus DVD copy" in any of the BDs that I ordered that would normally come with one.

It sucks, and it's technically a huge ripoff since they blatantly list the DVD and DC for tons of things, but almost none...if any at all, have come with the DVD or DC.

But who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and get a new and sealed one. That has happened to a number of us. More than likely though, yeah, expect just the BD.
Old 04-06-10, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Meh, I just want the movies. I'm one of those who don't really care for extras and whatnot - I just wanna see the movie.
Old 04-06-10, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L
I didn't receive the "bonus DVD copy" in any of the BDs that I ordered that would normally come with one.

It sucks, and it's technically a huge ripoff since they blatantly list the DVD and DC for tons of things, but almost none...if any at all, have come with the DVD or DC.

But who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and get a new and sealed one. That has happened to a number of us. More than likely though, yeah, expect just the BD.
Its not really a ripoff - they're advertising all titles as NEW and certain titles as either NEW or USED if they have extra rental copies. if you want everything then select NEW and pay the NEW price. If you're content with a USED version - just as they'd rent it in store without any extra discs - select USED and pay the USED price.
Old 04-06-10, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Do you think I have a chance of getting the DVD copy along with the BD? I'm only asking because, even though we have a blu-ray player in our living room, I was hoping she would be able to watch it on her DVD player in her room.
No, not really. The way it looks is that if it comes with a second bonus bluray with bonus material you may get that, but if it's a dvd copy or digital copy you won't get that. From what I understand they throw those out when they get the copies in to rent.
Old 04-07-10, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
Its not really a ripoff - they're advertising all titles as NEW and certain titles as either NEW or USED if they have extra rental copies. if you want everything then select NEW and pay the NEW price. If you're content with a USED version - just as they'd rent it in store without any extra discs - select USED and pay the USED price.
Sorry, but on the website it does not state NEW (comes with digital copy extra disc, etc) and then USED (MOVIE ONLY). It states the same on their site whether it is listed as new or used, so that is actually a "ripoff" or simply put as others have said false advertising.
Old 04-07-10, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Sorry, but on the website it does not state NEW (comes with digital copy extra disc, etc) and then USED (MOVIE ONLY). It states the same on their site whether it is listed as new or used, so that is actually a "ripoff" or simply put as others have said false advertising.
Seriously, no offense, but what do you expect for 5 to 7 bucks a piece. If you want all the extra stuff then buy new for 15 bucks more. You get the cover art and the movie, lucky we even get that for this price really

I like this because honestly I could care less about the dvd copy as I don't use dvd's, and I could care less about a digital copy as I just throw those away

Last edited by glassdragon; 04-07-10 at 12:40 AM.
Old 04-07-10, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Seriously, no offense, but what do you expect for 5 to 7 bucks a piece.
I want what the someone is advertising and selling at that price, NOT what they decide to alter it to after the sale is completed.
Old 04-07-10, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From my personal experience, I only got the BR copy in a single BR case. I also was hoping for the 3 discs but its mainly for my kids so no biggie although the dvd copy would have been nice too.
Old 04-07-10, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
I want what the someone is advertising and selling at that price, NOT what they decide to alter it to after the sale is completed.
That is the way I feel about it. Its like buying a cup of coffee, they give you the coffee but not the cup to put it in.
Old 04-07-10, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The fact of the matter is that I see people complaining about it, yet they still purchase things from there, or purchased something from there knowing that they would only get the br copy. That is not a very good way to show them you are displeased. I'm just saying.
Old 04-07-10, 10:35 AM

The fact of the matter is that I see people complaining about it, yet they still purchase things from there, or purchased something from there knowing that they would only get the br copy. That is not a very good way to show them you are displeased. I'm just saying.
Your right, that is why I stop buying from them last week. By the time I did the math and found that for a little bit more I can by it new I started.

When I did not get the DVD and the DC that was another story. I did not really care about the DC (from the sounds of it most people do not) yet the DVD I did. After all some where bought for both of them. You cannot bitch about one thing and let the other go. Yes after a short bit "WE" did know this. An "I" stop buying the combo packs.

After getting over 60 of them in Blu-Ray case then out of the blue they raise the price and ship them in DVD case. Buy the time I found out and lets face it "We" found it orders was in place.

Think of it like this, McD has a $1 double cheese burger. Then one day they stop putting two sl. of cheese on them. Without telling anyone, most people would buy or not it was up to them. Same here.

I have seen some that I would and want to buy. Knowing the art is crap, knowing the dvd case will come, the price to me does not make it worth it. Sure anyone can say its a $5 to $7 Blu-ray, if you wish to bitch buy it new I can tell everyone here close to everything they have sells new "NOW" for $10 to $13 (most not all).

By the time you put it in a new case $.50 to .75 each
By the time you print a new cover this can cost you anywhere from $1 to $3 (I just take them to Target and print a 5x7 for $1.50)
If it should have came with a DVD, add the cost of a DVD

Top it off everyone needs to work very fast on anything they are owe. Why? Chapter 11/13 is a bitch to get your money back.

Yes we know what we are buying or I should say where buying. We come here for deals and in the being we where getting some great deals. How many of us are buying from them now? I'm not.
Old 04-07-10, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's fine, it wasn't mostly directed at you as you've been getting them since the beginning and could not have known they would change it until they did. It's more for people who have the information about not getting the DC or DVD or even now Blu cases right at their fingertips in this thread and still buy and complain. If you knew and it has been posted many times what you get, why would you complain after you order knowing you wouldn't get them?
Old 04-07-10, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by drq2
Think of it like this, McD has a $1 double cheese burger. Then one day they stop putting two sl. of cheese on them. Without telling anyone, most people would buy or not it was up to them. Same here.
Well, I certainly knew when McD dropped one of the cheese slices on that burger. In fact, it was pretty much widely-known before it happened. They advertised it AND changed the name of the burger (from "double cheeseburger" to "McDouble"). I understand the point you're wanting to make, alas this example does not make it all that well.
By the time you put it in a new case $.50 to .75 each
By the time you print a new cover this can cost you anywhere from $1 to $3 (I just take them to Target and print a 5x7 for $1.50)
If it should have came with a DVD, add the cost of a DVD
Valid points, but they don't necessarily apply to everyone. For starters, I am one of those folks who have dumped their Blu/HD cases in favor of a different storage system. I don't really care if the title comes in a Blu case, a DVD case, or a paper/tyvek sleeve - I'm going to put it something else once I get my hands on it anyway. In fact, I've had about 200 Blu/HD cases piled up in my basement waiting for me to figure out what to do with them before I offered to give them away for free in the DVD Exchange forum. (PS - New Blu cases are $0.59 each, 10 for $5, or 50 for $20 from www.sleevetown.com).

I can print a replacement cover for a lot less than $1-3 each. Photo paper and a decent inkjet printer is all I use. Maybe it's not museum quality, but it's pretty darned good. And besides, I only do that if I don't get the artwork. I've yet to get a title from Hollywood that didn't have artwork, and the only hiccups at all in that area was one title where they included replacement art instead of the original.... good enough for me, I appreciate the effort.

I realize that I am in the minority here, but including my comments previously in this thread, I am a person who:

- Does not care if there's a digital copy or a DVD included,
- Does not care what packaging the Blu disc comes in as long as it's unscratched, and
- Is not hung-up on artwork. I prefer that it be there, but I can handle it cheaply and effectively if it isn't.

Yes we know what we are buying or I should say where buying. We come here for deals and in the being we where getting some great deals. How many of us are buying from them now? I'm not.
I am, though I've pretty much picked through their inventory and have found a harder and harder time to want anything I don't already have. I guess the bottom line is that different folks have different priorities. Mine are not yours, and if you or anyone else feels that Hollywood is ripping folks off then don't buy from them and let others know. You're doing that - bravo!
Old 04-07-10, 05:01 PM

Just wanted to take a second to praise HV's much-maligned Customer Service department. One of my earlier orders was for nine different BDs. Well the packing slip had all nine listed, and I was charged for nine, but two of them were completely missing. I emailed them about a week ago asking if they could re-ship the two movies I was missing ("The Fountain" and "Fighting") and they emailed me back the very next day and stated that they would have "The Fountain" re-shipped and since "Fighting" was not in-stock, they would refund me for it. I haven't checked on the refund yet today, but I have already received "The Fountain" in the mail and while it's in a DVD case and not the BD case it would have come in initially, I'm very pleased with how they handled this.
Old 04-07-10, 05:05 PM

Do I feel they are ripping people off, depends on how you really look at it. The same with the case, and everything else. What I am saying is at the lower price it was worth it. At retail for a used disc that does not have everything a new disc does, I guess yes.

We buy what we wish, they sell what they want. Why I used McD I do not eat fast food. I just used it to show a point. I would have never even known if not for someone telling one of my staff about it. Same can be said about the art work, case, etc.

The other person does have a point, people have been on here for sometime (I even started to post again). Those people like myself see things as we do. The people that came after know what is going on.

Today I went to Bestbuy I bought 3 of the Blu-Rays that they have for $8.99 for $9.99 in a case, art, and extra DVD(none has a DC). I really think this is becoming a moot point, just as they asked me if I would let them stay two more weeks so they could sell their store stock.

FYI to print a art work depends on where I print it. The cost is about $1 being it done on a 8x10. Case cost me $25 for 40 (3 side) case. Again depends on the person. If someone wish to keep buying from them. By all means go right a head. Just know that the discs now being sold could be just the movie (The Blind Side).

Q
Old 04-07-10, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Sometimes things are IMPLIED when you are shopping. Sometimes things are so obvious that stating it is actually like insulting the consumer's intelligence. Stating that the used version does not have the extra (useless) discs is like insulting a consumer's intelligence because anyone with half a brain would know that USED movies don't come with digital copies because it's so obvious that the previous owner would have already used it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.