DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/568596-i-love-you-man-%2416-99-%40-amazon.html)

jdpatri 01-27-10 08:55 AM

I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon
 
Not huge... but the best I've seen it.

kenbenobi 01-27-10 10:39 AM

Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon
 
Yeah, this title hasn't been on sale anywhere since it came out. I just picked it up a few days ago from B&N with their B2G1F sale. Averaged out to $12.27 per title, so I can't complain...

dago2727 01-27-10 12:48 PM

Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon
 
Picked it up at Blockbuster for $14.99 at Christmas. Not sure, but may still be that price, since it wasn't a sale item.

jdpatri 01-27-10 12:59 PM

Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon
 

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 9966139)
Yeah, this title hasn't been on sale anywhere since it came out. I just picked it up a few days ago from B&N with their B2G1F sale. Averaged out to $12.27 per title, so I can't complain...

What combination of coupons did you use? I couldn't get a combination of titles in this price range to come out to less than 17-18 or so per DVD.

Drav3n 01-27-10 01:10 PM

Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon
 
i just saw this @ blockbuster for $16.99 used or 2 for $25. I could get this & Changeling for $25 @ blockbuster or just get this from amazon for $16.99. hmmmm....

kenbenobi 01-27-10 01:30 PM

Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon
 

Originally Posted by jdpatri (Post 9966481)
What combination of coupons did you use? I couldn't get a combination of titles in this price range to come out to less than 17-18 or so per DVD.

I used the bn.com/library link for 15% off (it is now only 10% off), plus the 20% off new account coupon... I bought Wallace & Gromit Complete Collection, Snatch, and I Love You Man. It was $38.xx shipped, but I used a B&N c/c for an additional 5% off, so you won't be able to get it as low as I did...

kenbenobi 01-27-10 01:36 PM

Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon
 

Originally Posted by Drav3n (Post 9966515)
i just saw this @ blockbuster for $16.99 used or 2 for $25. I could get this & Changeling for $25 @ blockbuster or just get this from amazon for $16.99. hmmmm....

IMO, you are gambling getting a used disc from a rental store... Getting it from fye or suncoast is one thing, but I try to avoid rental stores unless it is a dirt cheap bargain. $12.50 isn't really dirt cheap. For $4 more to get it new, I'd probably go that route.

jdpatri 01-27-10 08:47 PM

Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon
 

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 9966574)
I used the bn.com/library link for 15% off (it is now only 10% off), plus the 20% off new account coupon... I bought Wallace & Gromit Complete Collection, Snatch, and I Love You Man. It was $38.xx shipped, but I used a B&N c/c for an additional 5% off, so you won't be able to get it as low as I did...

Yeah, that certainly wouldn't work (for most people). I could only use my membership discount and a one-item coupon. I was also trying to get all Blu's in the $24-$26 range... Star Trek, I Love You, Man and [500] Days of Summer. I never could manage a worthwhile price.

kenbenobi 01-27-10 08:58 PM

Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon
 

Originally Posted by jdpatri (Post 9967438)
Yeah, that certainly wouldn't work (for most people). I could only use my membership discount and a one-item coupon. I was also trying to get all Blu's in the $24-$26 range... Star Trek, I Love You, Man and [500] Days of Summer. I never could manage a worthwhile price.

Well, as a member, you can get the member 10% off, coupon 15% off one item, and 10% cashback from bing.com, so it would actually work out to be cheaper than I paid for three $23.99 titles...
2 x $21.59 member price = $43.18 (3rd title is free)
minus $3.24 coupon = $39.94
minus $3.99 Bing 10% = $35.95

EDIT: I just realized 2 of the titles you want are $31.99 titles (well, $28.79 with member discount) so they aren't really in the same price range as I Love You Man. That's why you can't get down to an average that low... $7.20 more per title is pretty significant...

Sorry to get OT in this thread... $16.99 is still a good deal for this particular title by itself, since it never goes on sale...

pjflyer 01-27-10 11:34 PM

Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon
 
I'll buy it when it gets under $10 McGooches.

jdpatri 01-29-10 08:46 AM

Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon
 

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 9967468)
EDIT: I just realized 2 of the titles you want are $31.99 titles (well, $28.79 with member discount) so they aren't really in the same price range as I Love You Man. That's why you can't get down to an average that low... $7.20 more per title is pretty significant...

Sorry to get OT in this thread... $16.99 is still a good deal for this particular title by itself, since it never goes on sale...

That would explain it. I guess I couldn't find anything else I really wanted in that price range. Gotta stick to the wishlist, ya know? :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.