Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon

Old 01-27-10, 08:55 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
jdpatri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 6,745
I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon

Not huge... but the best I've seen it.
jdpatri is offline  
Old 01-27-10, 10:39 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon

Yeah, this title hasn't been on sale anywhere since it came out. I just picked it up a few days ago from B&N with their B2G1F sale. Averaged out to $12.27 per title, so I can't complain...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 01-27-10, 12:48 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 699
Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon

Picked it up at Blockbuster for $14.99 at Christmas. Not sure, but may still be that price, since it wasn't a sale item.
dago2727 is offline  
Old 01-27-10, 12:59 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
jdpatri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 6,745
Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Yeah, this title hasn't been on sale anywhere since it came out. I just picked it up a few days ago from B&N with their B2G1F sale. Averaged out to $12.27 per title, so I can't complain...
What combination of coupons did you use? I couldn't get a combination of titles in this price range to come out to less than 17-18 or so per DVD.
jdpatri is offline  
Old 01-27-10, 01:10 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,475
Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon

i just saw this @ blockbuster for $16.99 used or 2 for $25. I could get this & Changeling for $25 @ blockbuster or just get this from amazon for $16.99. hmmmm....
Drav3n is offline  
Old 01-27-10, 01:30 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon

Originally Posted by jdpatri View Post
What combination of coupons did you use? I couldn't get a combination of titles in this price range to come out to less than 17-18 or so per DVD.
I used the bn.com/library link for 15% off (it is now only 10% off), plus the 20% off new account coupon... I bought Wallace & Gromit Complete Collection, Snatch, and I Love You Man. It was $38.xx shipped, but I used a B&N c/c for an additional 5% off, so you won't be able to get it as low as I did...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-27-10 at 01:38 PM.
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 01-27-10, 01:36 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon

Originally Posted by Drav3n View Post
i just saw this @ blockbuster for $16.99 used or 2 for $25. I could get this & Changeling for $25 @ blockbuster or just get this from amazon for $16.99. hmmmm....
IMO, you are gambling getting a used disc from a rental store... Getting it from fye or suncoast is one thing, but I try to avoid rental stores unless it is a dirt cheap bargain. $12.50 isn't really dirt cheap. For $4 more to get it new, I'd probably go that route.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-27-10 at 08:53 PM.
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 01-27-10, 08:47 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
jdpatri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 6,745
Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
I used the bn.com/library link for 15% off (it is now only 10% off), plus the 20% off new account coupon... I bought Wallace & Gromit Complete Collection, Snatch, and I Love You Man. It was $38.xx shipped, but I used a B&N c/c for an additional 5% off, so you won't be able to get it as low as I did...
Yeah, that certainly wouldn't work (for most people). I could only use my membership discount and a one-item coupon. I was also trying to get all Blu's in the $24-$26 range... Star Trek, I Love You, Man and [500] Days of Summer. I never could manage a worthwhile price.
jdpatri is offline  
Old 01-27-10, 08:58 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon

Originally Posted by jdpatri View Post
Yeah, that certainly wouldn't work (for most people). I could only use my membership discount and a one-item coupon. I was also trying to get all Blu's in the $24-$26 range... Star Trek, I Love You, Man and [500] Days of Summer. I never could manage a worthwhile price.
Well, as a member, you can get the member 10% off, coupon 15% off one item, and 10% cashback from bing.com, so it would actually work out to be cheaper than I paid for three $23.99 titles...
2 x $21.59 member price = $43.18 (3rd title is free)
minus $3.24 coupon = $39.94
minus $3.99 Bing 10% = $35.95

EDIT: I just realized 2 of the titles you want are $31.99 titles (well, $28.79 with member discount) so they aren't really in the same price range as I Love You Man. That's why you can't get down to an average that low... $7.20 more per title is pretty significant...

Sorry to get OT in this thread... $16.99 is still a good deal for this particular title by itself, since it never goes on sale...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-27-10 at 09:06 PM.
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 01-27-10, 11:34 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,502
Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon

I'll buy it when it gets under $10 McGooches.
pjflyer is offline  
Old 01-29-10, 08:46 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
jdpatri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 6,745
Re: I Love You, Man - $16.99 @ Amazon

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
EDIT: I just realized 2 of the titles you want are $31.99 titles (well, $28.79 with member discount) so they aren't really in the same price range as I Love You Man. That's why you can't get down to an average that low... $7.20 more per title is pretty significant...

Sorry to get OT in this thread... $16.99 is still a good deal for this particular title by itself, since it never goes on sale...
That would explain it. I guess I couldn't find anything else I really wanted in that price range. Gotta stick to the wishlist, ya know?
jdpatri is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.