DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   40% off used Blu @ gohastings.com (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/567659-40%25-off-used-blu-%40-gohastings-com.html)

Qui Gon Jim 01-15-10 12:50 PM

Re: 40% off used Blu @ gohastings.com

I am currently at 9/10 shipped, 4/10 received. Only 1 title was unacceptable so far. Only title remaining for me is Ghostbusters.

zombeaner 01-15-10 12:54 PM

11 of my 19 have been canceled.

flashburn 01-15-10 07:29 PM

2/20 Canceled here, not too bad. A few of the ones I've gotten have been Rental copies, but other than missing the Digital Copies and having slightly different covers that say "Rental Exclusive" they are exactly the same as a retail copy. Got a couple that weren't in Blu-ray cases and another where the Blu-ray case was damaged, not too bad overall though. Especially considering the prices paid.

sotra 01-15-10 11:51 PM

I must've been one of the lucky ones apparently. I made 4 orders for a total of 17 BDs. Received 16 in good to very good condition. The only thing missing was the digital copy code for The Hangover. Might contact WB about that unless someone here has one they don't need. Now I'm just waiting for the last title - Coraline - that supposedly was shipped on Tuesday.

dan30oly 01-16-10 12:10 AM

I received all of mine (except that getting Pinocchio instead of Predator 2 thing)

Qui Gon Jim 01-16-10 07:43 AM

10/10 Shipped for me. One other thing to mention is that the shipping costs are pretty real. I am looking at one envelope that says $1.56. That s right around what I actually paid for shipping. Plus there is no long wait here; I got my first title Monday after ordering on Friday.

The site was a pain in the ass, but I would definitely participate again. Wish I had ordered more.

nycdude 01-16-10 09:42 AM

4/4 shipped here. I got the first 2 and the rest just shipped.

I wished I ordered a few more at the sweet prices they had.

WillieMLF 01-16-10 01:40 PM

Only one was canceled out of 21! Not too bad! All were in excellent condition. I stopped looking through the list at about page 22, so I didn't see some of the more expensive titles (as it was sorted by price).

GenPion 01-16-10 02:38 PM

I was able to get the Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture Collection BD set from Hastings 40% off Used Blu-ray sale in store. It was approx. $45 with tax. Excellent deal (the set was in like new condition too).

Adam Tyner 01-16-10 05:06 PM

I only ordered 3 things, but 2 wound up being brand new in shrink wrap despite paying used prices...The Wicker Man for $2.44 and the first season of The Sopranos for $28.33 or something ridiculous like that. This might be my favorite sale ever! :)

Kory 01-16-10 05:38 PM

My copy of "Invincible" was brand new, sealed as well.

Only had one of eleven canceled --- "Year One."