Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Barnes & Noble Buy 2 get 1 free

Old 01-05-10, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Barnes & Noble Buy 2 get 1 free

Barnes & Noble is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale.

Get free shipping if you spend more that $25.

Save 20% (off one item, not the whole order) with code E9M4M9M (new account required).
Old 01-05-10, 02:26 AM
Cool New Member

Re: Barnes & Noble Buy 2 get 1 free

Nice deal. Question... was looking to pick up Casablanca but I'm seeing a couple of versions... a pre-order that's released next month and the other one (not UCE)... what's the difference? And "Pan & Scan" versions? (confused).

(too bad I cant post urls..... need to post more )

(edit) have an AAA discount that stacked with this, plus that coupon code. Got Adventures of Robin hood, casablanca and Xmas story for 40.85 after tax. Trying to come up with 3 more movies to snag but I'm stumbling on which Chasing Amy to get (already have J&SBSB else I'd just get the 3 pack, and don't say "neither")

Last edited by h0mi; 01-05-10 at 03:01 AM.
Old 01-05-10, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by h0mi View Post
Nice deal. Question... was looking to pick up Casablanca but I'm seeing a couple of versions... a pre-order that's released next month and the other one (not UCE)... what's the difference? And "Pan & Scan" versions? (confused).

(too bad I cant post urls..... need to post more )

(edit) have an AAA discount that stacked with this, plus that coupon code. Got Adventures of Robin hood, casablanca and Xmas story for 40.85 after tax. Trying to come up with 3 more movies to snag but I'm stumbling on which Chasing Amy to get (already have J&SBSB else I'd just get the 3 pack, and don't say "neither")
I picked up the Kevin Smith 3 pack even though I already had J&SBSB. The set I received had all three movies individually wrapped in the box so sold off the new wrapped Jay and Silent Bob and just put in my used one. Checked and looked like they were identical.
Old 01-05-10, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They started jacking up some prices already. Last night I ordered Mongol, A Time to Kill, and The Wicker Man for $13.38 shipped (using the military link, and one of the 20% off new account coupons.)

In case you don't know what I mean by military link, this link gives you an additional 6% off: www.bn.com/military
Or you could go through bing.com for 10% cashback (was 12% just 2 days ago) but then you have to wait. I just took the instant 6% discount...
Or you can get 10% off by linking through AAA. But if you are a AAA or B&N member, then you can't get the military discount also...
There is also a Visa link which gives 5% off: http://usa.visa.com/personal/discoun...&printable=yes if you would prefer to use that.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-05-10 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-05-10, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Got Hurt Locker, Halloween II and Final Destination 4 on Blu using R9B9Y3P (15% off one item) using my B&N MC (no tax) and through Bing for 10 percent off. Came to $45, or $15 a pop. Decent deal if you don't wanna wait for something better...
Old 01-05-10, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got Magnolia (preorder), Menace II Society and Do The Right Thing for about $44 shipped after the 10% AAA discount. Not a super deal but definitely a solid one. Shame they didn't have Boogie Nights up (and probably still don't).
Old 01-05-10, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by jiggyblau View Post
I got Magnolia (preorder), Menace II Society and Do The Right Thing for about $44 shipped after the 10% AAA discount. Not a super deal but definitely a solid one. Shame they didn't have Boogie Nights up (and probably still don't).
I think that Boogie Nights is a Best Buy exclusive.
Old 01-05-10, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by jones View Post
I think that Boogie Nights is a Best Buy exclusive.
You're right - it is - but it's coming out the 19th everywhere.
Old 01-06-10, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jiggyblau View Post
I was tempted to order Do The Right Thing, but the colour timing still concerns me. I really liked how it looked on DVD. I'm holding out hope that there will be a different BD release with the same look.
Old 01-18-10, 02:41 PM

FYI, Boogie Nights does not show up as a B2G1 item... Booo!
Old 01-19-10, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

B&N is pissing me off currently.

Last weekend I ordered H2, Hurt Locker and Moon as part of this deal. That made the titles about $20 each.

All were supposed to ship on release date, which was the 12th. H2 shipped and came on Thursday and the others just sat there with no indication as to what was happening.

Last Thursday I called and was told "they're shipping today." They did not.

Saturday I called and they told me they had no idea why they hadn't shipped, as the items were in stock (and always said will ship in 24 hours on their perspective pages). They told me they'd notify the warehouse.

Today I get an e-mail asking me if I'd like to continue waiting another 30 days for my items, which are now out of stock.

What the hell is wrong with B&N? Normally they are great but it annoys me to no end that I called multiple times and nothing got solved. What is going to piss me off is if the other part of the order gets canceled and I have to pay $28 for H2 (I liked it, but not for that much).