Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Old 12-06-09, 11:40 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,247
SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

There are currently a few printable online coupons usable for BD purchases on SmartSource.com. They should show up on the front page of coupons, but if you don't see them you can select the Entertainment category and they should come up. Sorry, I can't link to the coupons directly.

Save $3.00 when you buy Say Anything 20th Anniversary Edition, M*A*S*H or Office Space on Blu-ray

Save $3.00 when you buy Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Cast Away or The Longest Day on Blu-ray

Save $3.00 when you buy Street Kings, The French Connection or The Siege on Blu-ray
Travis McClain is offline  
Old 12-07-09, 01:56 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
beebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 2,760
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Originally Posted by MinLShaw View Post
Save $3.00 when you buy Say Anything 20th Anniversary Edition, M*A*S*H or Office Space on Blu-ray

Save $3.00 when you buy Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Cast Away or The Longest Day on Blu-ray

Save $3.00 when you buy Street Kings, The French Connection or The Siege on Blu-ray
These would be great stacking with the Target $5 off coupon.
beebs is offline  
Old 12-12-09, 08:32 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Posts: 6,197
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

smartsource coupons are not meant to be copied or reproduced. please do not post scans or copies of any..
pilot is offline  
Old 12-12-09, 10:16 PM
  #4  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 158
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Originally Posted by pilot View Post
smartsource coupons are not meant to be copied or reproduced. please do not post scans or copies of any..
These are online printable coupons from their website. No scanning or copying of any kind going on here.
Disneyboy is offline  
Old 12-12-09, 10:26 PM
  #5  
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,108
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

They have a unique one time code in which the store only gets compensated the first time its used.
g is offline  
Old 12-13-09, 03:30 PM
  #6  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,229
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Ok, just to have all the coupon links in one post for everyone in all these various Target and coupon threads, here we go.

Stacking works, as Target allows one manufacturer's and one Target coupon per item.

Here again are the links to the:
Redplum $3 dvd/blu-ray coupons (Public Enemies, Inglourious Basterds, Funny People, Coraline, Curious George Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Barbie Christmas Carol)

Smartsource $3 blu-ray coupons (Happening, The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Towering Inferno, Eragon, Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium, Commando, Predator 2, High Crimes)

3-sheet of Target $5 off any blu-ray coupons.
Trevor is offline  
Old 12-15-09, 11:51 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 5,071
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Is there any scans of the Smartsource Family Guy $3 coupon for next week?
Rammsteinfan is offline  
Old 12-16-09, 04:43 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 6,623
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Originally Posted by Brent L View Post
I found the info:

http://i45.tinypic.com/34o4hhh.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/1h32no.jpg

3$ off Fight Club 10th anniversary edition

3$ off Family Guy, Something Something Something, or Dark Side

3$ off Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, A Very Sunny Christmas, or My Cousin Vinny

3$ off Patton, Kingdom of Heaven, or Master and Commander: Far Side of the World

3$ off I robot, Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow, or AVP

3$ off Jumper or Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer

3$ off Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Hitman, or Man on Fire

10$ off X-men Trilogy, Die Hard Collection, or Rocky the Undisputed Collection

10$ off The Mel Brooks Collection

10$ off Alien Quadrilogy

10$ off Paul Newman Tribute Collection
TheBang is offline  
Old 12-16-09, 06:48 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

2 curiousity questions:
1. Was I imagining that there was a $3 off mfg. coupon for Get Smart (2008) on BR?
2. Was the $3 off mfg. coupon for Public Enemies available last week when BB had the BR listed at $19.99 or just starting this last Sunday?
Manzana is offline  
Old 12-16-09, 07:07 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,989
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Will that Family Guy one be in this weekend's ads or be available to print by next week?
Snowmaker is offline  
Old 12-16-09, 07:34 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,247
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
Was I imagining that there was a $3 off mfg. coupon for Get Smart (2008) on BR?
If so, I imagined it as well. But then, I've received e-mail messages about recent activity in some threads and then when I go there, the posts in question are nowhere to be found. Maybe I didn't imagine it; my computer did!
Travis McClain is offline  
Old 12-16-09, 09:21 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 5,071
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Thanks for the links to the coupons!
Rammsteinfan is offline  
Old 12-16-09, 08:19 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,247
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

New coupons are up!

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium or Eragon
Commando, Predator 2 or High Crimes
The Happening, The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) or The Towering Inferno

I tried e-mailing these to myself to see if I could get a direct link that way, but it simply sent me back to the Smartsource.com front page.
Travis McClain is offline  
Old 12-16-09, 10:25 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,342
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
2 curiousity questions:

2. Was the $3 off mfg. coupon for Public Enemies available last week when BB had the BR listed at $19.99 or just starting this last Sunday?
The coupon was valid starting 12/13/09

Originally Posted by Snowmaker View Post
Will that Family Guy one be in this weekend's ads or be available to print by next week?
It was in the Redplum coupon booklet from last week. Not sure about when it will be available online.
snausages is offline  
Old 12-17-09, 10:48 AM
  #15  
BJ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Witch City
Posts: 402
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Originally Posted by MinLShaw View Post
New coupons are up!

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium or Eragon
Commando, Predator 2 or High Crimes
The Happening, The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) or The Towering Inferno

I tried e-mailing these to myself to see if I could get a direct link that way, but it simply sent me back to the Smartsource.com front page.
Does anyone have a link to an image for this? I don't have a printer directly connected to my computer.
BJ is offline  
Old 12-18-09, 09:51 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,989
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

So did I miss my chance at obtaining a legit Family Guy $3 coupon?
Snowmaker is offline  
Old 12-19-09, 02:32 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,926
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

No matter what I try, I can not get the SmartSource coupon printer to work. Tried IE and Firefox, removed and re-installed Java a couple of times. Just doesn't work.
abintra is offline  
Old 12-19-09, 11:19 PM
  #18  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Posts: 240
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Originally Posted by snausages View Post
The coupon was valid starting 12/13/09



It was in the Redplum coupon booklet from last week. Not sure about when it will be available online.
I just went in on the 15th (1 week after P.E. release date) and asked if they could apply the coupon after-the-fact. She said no problem.
erlong is offline  
Old 12-21-09, 09:20 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

I just got Public Enemies BR at Target for $11.96 using the $3 off Smart Source coupon. I saw in another thread someone suggesting the $5 off coupon on Inglorious Basterds would work (without buying Inglorious Basterds on the same receipt). I just read it and the coupon wording is vague. It basically says buy Inglorious Basterds PLUS another title including Public Enemies, so I think it would depend on the Target cashier but probably would've worked as they've been lenient for the most part. Anyone get it for $9.96 this way?

While talking about Public Enemies BR, did anyone else think the transfer was bad during most night scenes? It was sometimes super grainy and I saw sort of a flashing grain effect. Of course the day scenes looked great. I read several reviews and none said the dark scenes were that bad, so I wonder if my PS3 needs a system update (haven't updated in months). Anyone see or know about this problem?
Manzana is offline  
Old 12-21-09, 06:30 PM
  #20  
HTN
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 125
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Just noticed four new $10 off BD coupons on SmartSource.

Hannibal Lecter Collection
Omen Complete Collection
Planet of the Apes Collection
X-Files 2-pk
HTN is offline  
Old 12-21-09, 08:24 PM
  #21  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 59
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
I just got Public Enemies BR at Target for $11.96 using the $3 off Smart Source coupon. I saw in another thread someone suggesting the $5 off coupon on Inglorious Basterds would work (without buying Inglorious Basterds on the same receipt). I just read it and the coupon wording is vague. It basically says buy Inglorious Basterds PLUS another title including Public Enemies, so I think it would depend on the Target cashier but probably would've worked as they've been lenient for the most part. Anyone get it for $9.96 this way?

While talking about Public Enemies BR, did anyone else think the transfer was bad during most night scenes? It was sometimes super grainy and I saw sort of a flashing grain effect. Of course the day scenes looked great. I read several reviews and none said the dark scenes were that bad, so I wonder if my PS3 needs a system update (haven't updated in months). Anyone see or know about this problem?
Hmm... was the Blu-ray $20 before the coupons?? Cuz I know it was $30 last week. Is it advertised as $20 at all? And also, did it have the sticker on front stating there was some Target Exclusive notes inside or something??
2sday is offline  
Old 12-21-09, 09:00 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Originally Posted by 2sday View Post
Hmm... was the Blu-ray $20 before the coupons?? Cuz I know it was $30 last week. Is it advertised as $20 at all? And also, did it have the sticker on front stating there was some Target Exclusive notes inside or something??
Regarding Public Enemies Blu-Ray, I PM'd to Walmart's $19.96 ad this week before coupons. I never paid attention to any stickers on the front of the package's shrinkwrap which is already on its way to the dump. If there is a Target Exclusive edition, I never heard about it. What's supposed to be inside it... just some notes? Mine has a "Special Edition Booklet" inside, but I assumed that came with all editions. Without the booklet then all there would be is 1 Blu-Ray, 1 digital copy, and the single piece of paper insert with the digital code on it.

So was mine the Target exclusive edition or did I grab the wrong one? Anyway, I still thought the transfer was quite poor in dark scenes (but no reviews say that) and now I'm wishing I had tried to use the $5 IB coupon to get it for $2 less.
Manzana is offline  
Old 12-21-09, 10:01 PM
  #23  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 59
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
Regarding Public Enemies Blu-Ray, I PM'd to Walmart's $19.96 ad this week before coupons. I never paid attention to any stickers on the front of the package's shrinkwrap which is already on its way to the dump. If there is a Target Exclusive edition, I never heard about it. What's supposed to be inside it... just some notes? Mine has a "Special Edition Booklet" inside, but I assumed that came with all editions. Without the booklet then all there would be is 1 Blu-Ray, 1 digital copy, and the single piece of paper insert with the digital code on it.

So was mine the Target exclusive edition or did I grab the wrong one? Anyway, I still thought the transfer was quite poor in dark scenes (but no reviews say that) and now I'm wishing I had tried to use the $5 IB coupon to get it for $2 less.
Ah okay thanks. I'm assuming that is the Target Exclusive you got. As for that missed Basterds coupon, you should try going to customer service with the coupon and your receipt next time you stop by Target. Personally, I've never had a problem doing it (like 7-8 times). After buying Basterds Blu, I went back a couple days later with the coupon from the cover, and the lady said ,"Hmm this is technically supposed to be with IB and another Blu-ray, but I dont care", scanned it and gave me my 5 bucks. So definitely YMMV, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try.
2sday is offline  
Old 01-09-10, 10:44 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

Originally Posted by 2sday View Post
As for that missed Basterds coupon, you should try going to customer service with the coupon and your receipt next time you stop by Target. Personally, I've never had a problem doing it (like 7-8 times). After buying Basterds Blu, I went back a couple days later with the coupon from the cover, and the lady said ,"Hmm this is technically supposed to be with IB and another Blu-ray, but I dont care", scanned it and gave me my 5 bucks. So definitely YMMV, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try.
I tried using the $5 Inglorious Basterds/Public Enemies coupon 3 different times at 3 different Targets and was denied each time (even though I brought both receipts) saying they had to be purchased at the same time (even though it doesn't say that anywhere on the coupon... it just says buy both). I asked if they could re-ring the sales together for the old price and apply the coupon and they of course said I'd have to pay the current higher prices defeating the entire point of it.

This occurred AFTER Christmas again reinforcing my view that all of the temp staff without "deny" attitudes are gone and we just have the employees who get that little thrill of power from denying. Not worth dealing with these people for $5.
Manzana is offline  
Old 01-09-10, 12:24 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,116
Re: SmartSource Printable Online Coupons

FYI - all BD/DVD coupons expired on 1/6/10 and won't scan at Target/WM/BB.
sotra is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.