Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 Up Thank You Coupon

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-09, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 756 Likes on 492 Posts
Re: $10 Up Thank You Coupon

I paid $32.98 for Up/Monsters, Inc. and I have yet to receive an email about this. However, I have received about 3 emails about Amazon PayPhrase. Gee, thanks.
Old 11-12-09, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting, I somehow got a $15 discount (instead of $10) off of the Pinnochio Blu-Ray when I entered my coupon code that they sent me in my e-mail. Furthermore, after placing that order, I added the Sleeping Beauty Blu-Ray to my cart and somehow got another $10 off on it even though I'd already used my code (it even said that the code had already been used buy gave me the discount anyway). So I somehow was able to get Pinnochio for $3.99 on one order and Sleeping Beauty on another for $9.99 with my code. Takes a little of the sting out of not getting all those discounts on my pre-order of Up & Monsters, Inc that many people got.
Old 11-12-09, 08:29 PM

Amazon won't respond to my e-mails about this promotion. I'm starting to get really angry about this. I've sent three e-mails in the past two days with not one response.
Old 11-12-09, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by s72450
Amazon won't respond to my e-mails about this promotion. I'm starting to get really angry about this. I've sent three e-mails in the past two days with not one response.
Same here...just silence.
Old 11-13-09, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Same here...just silence.
Yup. I give up on them.
Old 11-13-09, 03:38 AM

I called them to ask and could hardly understand the lady. She kept asking me over and over what my question was and I would repeat it over and over, why am I not getting this promotional code even though I pre-ordered "Up". Eventually she searched the system and said she found no record of this promotion. I kindly told her that I was looking at the web page displaying the promotion, even gave her the address to where she went quiet for a second and then said "ohhhhh" and said she'd send an e-mail to someone about it, but that she could not give me the discount or whatever. Basically I wasted ten minutes is what it comes out to.

I hate to be this huge tight wad about it, but it just bugs me that others who pre-ordered get this discount and I havn't. I mean I suppose it is Amazon's loss on money since I was going to order "Cars" off of them with this promotion. I can use my money at Wal-Mart I guess.
Old 11-13-09, 09:12 AM

well i emailed them several & even posted the amazon url in all my emails thinking they might mistake my request to be one of those earlier coupon codes...

well they responded saying 'oh we cannot honor codes from manufacturers'....

argh!
Old 11-13-09, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I sent them an email about it and they finally gave me the $10 bucks off.

I emailed the response below with the terms and conditions at the top of the page.

On the Amazon website below, it states that people who preordered UP should receive a $10 coupon code. I did not receive that and I preordered on Oct 21st. Please look into this. Thank you!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000447891
Old 11-14-09, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I sent one email and was rejected. I was told, "I have checked into the promotional offer on the manufacturer's website. While Amazon.com is an authorized dealer of Disney we are not a participating dealer for this particular promotion." Uh, really? Because that promotional offer was on Amazon's website and that's the link I provided. Frustrating. I'm sending out another email now.

Last edited by clckworang; 11-14-09 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-14-09, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I did exactly like jiggawhat... but I got an email back that stated I did not buy it within the correct promotional period... but for my troubles, they gave me a $10 credit on a future order... So basically the same thing..... except now I am not limited to the blu's listed... I can use it on anything.. .. very weird..
Old 11-14-09, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wouldnt consider it being a tight wad on your part. Amazon didnt follow through on what they were suppose to. You have every right to call and ask them to correct this. They need to start following through and provide fair coustmer service to everyone. If they have a offer they need to follow through on it. I filed a complaint with the california attorney generals office over the whole mess with the xbox 360 with free 100 gift card promo.
after they refused to honor their end of the deal.
Originally Posted by s72450
I hate to be this huge tight wad about it, but it just bugs me that others who pre-ordered get this discount and I havn't. I mean I suppose it is Amazon's loss on money since I was going to order "Cars" off of them with this promotion. I can use my money at Wal-Mart I guess.
Old 11-14-09, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JoN8282 - out of curiosity, what was the exact subject line of the email from Amazon that included the coupon?
Old 11-14-09, 08:45 PM

Received 809 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by bboisvert
JoN8282 - out of curiosity, what was the exact subject line of the email from Amazon that included the coupon?
I'll do you one better, here's the email:

Last edited by Goldberg74; 11-14-09 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-15-09, 06:07 AM

Here is how my emails went

Email 1: Telling them about not getting the $10 Thank You Code

Amazon Reply 1: Sir your order didn't get this because you ordered too soon. If you want to send it back and re-order you can and get the $10 off on another Disney Blu

Email 2: Your customer service is wrong, here is the link again, please read and see it's for people who pre-ordered

Amazon Reply 2: Sir you are correct here is your code DISNEYBD

Email 3: This is my 3rd email about this, please resolve this for me. The code didn't work, can you just credit me my $10?

Amazon Reply 3: Your card will be credited $10. Thank you

:-)

Not as good as some of you people that got amazon to pay you to buy Up but I'm still happy getting UP for $9.99 and not having to buy any other Disney movies.
Old 11-15-09, 09:13 AM

I e-mailed them one last time and that's it for me. I'm very dissapointed that after calling a CSR and being promised that this would be looked into and that I'd be given a response via e-mail in two days that I have still not heard anything. This is really frustrating to me.
Old 11-15-09, 09:37 AM

I was denied the 10.00 thank you code by CS because they said I used the DISNEYBD code on my order to get Sleeping Beauty. Have other people who used DISNEYBD gotten the thank you code? If those are indeed the rules of the promotion I'll just let it go.
Old 11-15-09, 11:00 AM

I didn't use that code, but then again I havn't gotten a response either.
Old 11-15-09, 11:09 AM

I called about this yesterday and was told that I did not qualify for the promotion because $10 was taken off for Monsters, Inc and Up. When I explained that this was a result of pre-ordering Up, the CSR gave me a promotional $10 credit on my account. The Snow White/Monsters Inc/Up promotions have been extremely irritating as Amazon has not been consistent with the promotions that should have been granted to every customer. Oh well, $10 on my account is better than having to pick from their list of Blu's.
Old 11-16-09, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just received an email saying that I did indeed qualify for the $10 off. It was explained that the promotion would be added to my account and would be triggered if I ordered a qualifying title. Yes, it took me 2 emails, but I'm happy that it worked out, especially because Cars is pretty cheap right now.
Old 11-16-09, 04:51 PM

I recieved an e-mail finally saying they'd applied a 10 dollar promotion to my account so I'm going to most likely use it for something else since I'm waiting for the Upgrade2Blu for Cars.