Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-09, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Originally Posted by Snowmaker

My BB girl was aware of them both and said they could take them before I really even offered them to her.
Wow! Awesome....just awesome....
Old 11-10-09, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DonkeyKong
I just can't believe they pulled the fake coupon story. They said that BB corporate was alerted by Disney to not take the coupons....!!!!!!!!
Pretty sad, but, as I related from my experience earlier, they wouldn't scan and when the clerk manually entered the barcode number, they came up as "not found in the system," so I suppose there could be a bit of skepticism - and then some over-zealous 18-year-old clerk trying to score points with the big boss by coming up with the "fake coupons!" "Disney's aware!" story.
Old 11-10-09, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by bwsmom
Pretty sad, but, as I related from my experience earlier, they wouldn't scan and when the clerk manually entered the barcode number, they came up as "not found in the system," so I suppose there could be a bit of skepticism - and then some over-zealous 18-year-old clerk trying to score points with the big boss by coming up with the "fake coupons!" "Disney's aware!" story.
True.

I think BB's registers are setup differently though, when compared with Target or Walmart. I don't think manufacturer's coupons ever scan or work when the barcode is typed in.
Old 11-10-09, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DonkeyKong
True.

I think BB's registers are setup differently though, when compared with Target or Walmart. I don't think manufacturer's coupons ever scan or work when the barcode is typed in.
Could be. Perhaps some of the others here that got theirs at BB and used coupons could chime in on this - as to whether their coupons scanned or came up when manually entered. It'd be good to know for future reference. (Yes, ever the optimist, I'm already looking forward to the next great deal... )
Old 11-10-09, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to work at Walgreens and if a Manufacturer Coupon didn't scan and was legitimate we just entered however much the coupon was worth as cash. I'm pretty sure Best Buy does the same thing; the girl that refused the coupons, I told her to just try and scan them to see if they would work and she said "No, we enter them manually."
Old 11-10-09, 11:10 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Are the ones that y'all are getting from Target and Walmart the 4-Disc sets? or just the 3-Disc sets?
Old 11-10-09, 11:12 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Are the ones that y'all are getting from Target and Walmart the 4-Disc sets? or just the 3-Disc sets?
Everyone is getting the 4 disc version, I am sure.
Old 11-10-09, 11:20 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

Is there a way to print a 2nd coupon for Monsters, Inc from the Disney web site?
Old 11-10-09, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
If you buy an additional cheap item(I bought a Gatorade), the computer does take all 4 coupons without issue.
Note on this. I told my dad about this deal and he got everything together for a Target run. They let him use all the $10 coupons (Target.com for both, MI slipcase manufacturer coupon for both, and the UP! Disney.com coupon), but when it came time for the Monster's Inc. $8 they said the system rejected it, claiming it wasn't in stock or present on the purchase ticket.

He had both blu's AND a magazine and I had already used all four coupons once at that location this morning, so I don't know if corporate changed something or if they were simply incompetent.

On a side note, they also treated my dad like he was trying to rip them off, acting skeptical and kind of confrontational. He's a senior citizen for God's sake! In the end he was able to walk out with each blu-ray for $8.50 each plus tax.
Old 11-10-09, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Surfinhank
Is there a way to print a 2nd coupon for Monsters, Inc from the Disney web site?
If it is like most of the coupons you can print it twice OR you can make photcopies of it as well.
Old 11-10-09, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by izatright
Note on this. I told my dad about this deal and he got everything together for a Target run. They let him use all the $10 coupons (Target.com for both, MI slipcase manufacturer coupon for both, and the UP! Disney.com coupon), but when it came time for the Monster's Inc. $8 they said the system rejected it, claiming it wasn't in stock or present on the purchase ticket.

He had both blu's AND a magazine and I had already used all four coupons once at that location this morning, so I don't know if corporate changed something or if they were simply incompetent.

On a side note, they also treated my dad like he was trying to rip them off, acting skeptical and kind of confrontational. He's a senior citizen for God's sake! In the end he was able to walk out with each blu-ray for $8.50 each plus tax.

All they have to do is hit the button to continue and it works.

I told my friend about this deal and this site and he went to the site for the 1st time to print the coupons and after entering the 3 coupons, the 4th coupon of $8 off said they would not accept it. I told him to tell them to hit the button (override or continue.....whatever it is on the register) and he got to use all 4 NO PROBLEMS. This was around 6pm est tonight.
Old 11-10-09, 11:26 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
If it is like most of the coupons you can print it twice OR you can make photcopies of it as well.
Instructions on how to reprint it would be helpful, I can't figure it out.
Old 11-10-09, 11:36 PM

If you are talking about the $8 Monster Inc coupon from disneyreward site, would be easy to create another account?
Old 11-10-09, 11:39 PM

Thank you all for the shopping tips. Unfortunately, my local target had only UP and no copies of Monsters, Inc. But, I am happy to pick up "UP" with the $10 coupon. Hopefully, target will restock Monsters Inc soon. Btw, as I was leaving Target, the clerks were pulling all the UP with the journal book off the shelf.
Old 11-10-09, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Surfinhank
Instructions on how to reprint it would be helpful, I can't figure it out.
It is saved on your Dinsey Rewards page when you log in under your rewards.

Just do the same thing you did before and reclick the link and that should work.
Old 11-11-09, 12:27 AM

I picked up 'Up!" at Target tonite for $9.99 after the $10 coupon.

The display near the registers still had the $26.99 shelf tag price from this week's ad, but the display back in the movie area had a 'Lower Than Advertised' shelf tag of $19.99 (good thru 11/14).

They had no "Monsters, Inc." in stock and they checked area inventory for me and found only one store in the Columbus area had any available (2 copies in Reynoldsburg).
Old 11-11-09, 12:29 AM

Monsters Inc is DEFINITELY UNDERSTOCKED at Targets.

I got lucky to get the last one and when they did an area check there were only 2 stores out of 8 local that showed they had any left and this was at 5pm.
Old 11-11-09, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
Monsters Inc is DEFINITELY UNDERSTOCKED at Targets.

I got lucky to get the last one and when they did an area check there were only 2 stores out of 8 local that showed they had any left and this was at 5pm.
Seems like it was that way for Best Buy, too. I got the last one on the shelf (at a little after 1:00p), and the shelf space itself for MI was marginal at best (maybe enough room for four copies?). Seems like lots of folks on here have been reporting they got the last copy in their store...
Old 11-11-09, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by bwsmom
Seems like it was that way for Best Buy, too. I got the last one on the shelf (at a little after 1:00p), and the shelf space itself for MI was marginal at best (maybe enough room for four copies?). Seems like lots of folks on here have been reporting they got the last copy in their store...
The Best Buy I went to had none on the shelf and I thought I was out of luck (regardless of the problem I would later have checking out.) However, after the nice young gentleman who worked there took off his headphones, I asked if they had anymore Monsters Inc in stock and he led me to a huge display with tons of copies of both Up and Monsters, Inc in... the Music section!

Alas, after all that work and interrupting that nice man's shift of listening to music, shot down at the cash register.
Old 11-11-09, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TLwizard
Alas, after all that work and interrupting that nice man's shift of listening to music, shot down at the cash register.
Shot down for which deals?

And for the record, I, too, was responsible for picking up the last copies of Monsters Inc. in the Targets of the East Bay of CA. (One was me and one was my dad, whom I helped get the deals).
Old 11-11-09, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
Shot down for which deals?

And for the record, I, too, was responsible for picking up the last copies of Monsters Inc. in the Targets of the East Bay of CA. (One was me and one was my dad, whom I helped get the deals).
Using the manufacturer's coupons ($10 off Up, $8 off Monsters, Inc.). They said they weren't valid. Other people were told that the coupons were fake. All in all, Best Buys are trying not to take them.
Old 11-11-09, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TLwizard
Using the manufacturer's coupons ($10 off Up, $8 off Monsters, Inc.). They said they weren't valid. Other people were told that the coupons were fake. All in all, Best Buys are trying not to take them.
I like how employees act like the money is coming out of their pocket and not Disney's. I hope you took a few free steelbooks home out of the whole fiasco.
Old 11-11-09, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yeah all ten times i went back in fourth in the emails, they kept trying to tell me the poster on the forum (i.e. you) was making the whole thing up as none of there cs reps have given the discounts and promos to some but not others. which i told them was wrong as there is no reason why you (i.e. annonymous internet poster lol would do that) and that To many people on here have posted proof of amazon reps doing just,but the stupid cs people i get wouldnt buy it. oh well congrats on being paid to take both movies off their hands lol
Originally Posted by Brent L
I've heard a couple of people say that after clicking "no" they received another reply actually pulling through with the discounts afterall. I have no clue how common that is though.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 11-11-09 at 02:10 AM.
Old 11-11-09, 02:10 AM

walked into Frys in Burbank not knowing if they would take the coupons...

over at Blu-ray.com one said they gave him a huge hastle and another said that they've always taken coupons.

so i went to pay and the cashier just had to check with his manger and walked out with Up for 11 and change... god dame CA tax...

they said they had no more Monsters Inc. in stock which i find a bit hard to believe since they had a shit load of UP copies

Last edited by lovgun7; 11-11-09 at 02:13 AM.
Old 11-11-09, 02:11 AM

That's why I rushed out to get in on this deal today. I'm sure that word has gotten out about how great this deal is and a memo is probably already circulating (especially at Target). The girl who checked me out said "You're a good shopper!" Target will probably find a way to reject at least one of those coupons, if not two (or stock Monsters Inc. in the back until next week). I wish I'd known to tell the girl to hit the return or enter button when it rejected my final coupon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.