Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-09, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Originally Posted by moviewizguy
Wait. Wait. So buying it today would have cost cheaper than pre-ordering the movies?! That offer takes off $15 from the two movies than the $10 from the pre-orders! Do you think I can tell them about it?
Yep, looks like that is currently the case.

As I mentioned before, NEVER PREORDER from Amazon.com. I pre-ordered from Amazon, thinking I was getting a pretty good deal. It ended up being the worst of all of the deals available.

So, far I have had NO luck getting Amazon to apply ANY coupons.
Old 11-12-09, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
^

Good work. However, your $5 gift card shouldn't factor into your final price. You could have used that on anything in the store. Too bad Florida taxes you on the full amount. I was only taxed on the 98 cents that I paid for the combo.
True. Recalculated final price without factoring in the $5 gift card- $3.57...
At $1.785 per title it still kinda feels like stealing!

Jimmy
Old 11-12-09, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by izatright
I don't think so. Target has a history of 1 manufacturer coupon and 1 target coupon per item. The problem is these were GOOD coupons and people thought you HAD to be cheating, robbing or stealing because of how good they were. So it was a psychological issue that employees had to get over or ignore in order to accept the facts as they were.
That right there. I purchased Up & Snow White at WM and both times the cashier looked somewhat shocked at the amount of the coupon. Both times they were like "Wow, where did this coupon come from?".

As far as my issue from the other day with Up, I returned it to CS and the lady at the desk exchanged w/o any questions. Watched most of the movie last night, looked great.
Old 11-12-09, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by jbnugent
True. Recalculated final price without factoring in the $5 gift card- $3.57...
At $1.785 per title it still kinda feels like stealing!

Jimmy
Still doesn't beat my $2.70 but close.
Old 11-12-09, 12:35 PM

I preordered two copies of Up & Monsters, Inc from Amazon, they charged me $32.98 for each pair, which with the UPBLURAY coupon anyone else can now get for $27.98 for the pair.... complained to Amazon through the Refunds link and they credited me back $15 so I got back $7.50 for each pair (so it's down to $25.48 for the pair.

$12.75 a disc I thought was OK, but now I see it's nowhere as good as everyone using the coupon-fu to get these other deals!

I agree with the previous posters, won't be pre-ordering from Amazon ever again. I have Star Trek and Hangover B/R pre-orders in the pipe, but may wind up canceling them.
Old 11-12-09, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 365 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by polarize
I preordered two copies of Up & Monsters, Inc from Amazon, they charged me $32.98 for each pair, which with the UPBLURAY coupon anyone else can now get for $27.98 for the pair.... complained to Amazon through the Refunds link and they credited me back $15 so I got back $7.50 for each pair (so it's down to $25.48 for the pair.

$12.75 a disc I thought was OK, but now I see it's nowhere as good as everyone using the coupon-fu to get these other deals!

I agree with the previous posters, won't be pre-ordering from Amazon ever again. I have Star Trek and Hangover B/R pre-orders in the pipe, but may wind up canceling them.
I guess I should of complain also. I just got shot down once again. I guess it does not matter that I have made over 560 orders with them since 1998. I will think twice about pre-ordering any Disney/Pixar blu-rays from Amazon.com from now on.

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry that you were not able to apply this promotional discount to your
order before it entered the shipping process. Unfortunately, I'm unable to apply special discounts to items once the order is complete. I'm sorry if this was unclear at the time you placed your order.

If you decide you'd like to return your order given the circumstances, I
understand. Visit our website to learn more about our returns policy:

I've checked, and the promotion you referenced is still available on our
website. If you'd still like to take advantage of this promotion, you can place
a new order and refuse order #xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx when it arrives for a full
refund.

The restrictions for this promotion are on our website here:

These offers can't be combined with any other promotional offers. Additional
restrictions apply; see terms and conditions.
• Order Up on DVD and buy any other Pixar DVD from our list below and save $7.50 off your total purchase at checkout. The discount will be reflected on the final order check out page; no promotional code is required.

• Order the Up Blu-ray/DVD combo pack and buy any other Pixar Blu-ray disc from our list and save $15 off your total purchase at checkout. To receive the $15 discount, enter the promo code UPBLURAY at checkout. Please note that this is offer can’t be combine with the PIXARBLU offer.

• Save big when you order all three - Buy the Up Blu-ray/DVD combo pack and both Monsters, Inc and Cars on Blu-ray (as shown on the list below) and save $26 off your total purchase at checkout. To receive the $26 discount, enter the promo code PIXARBLU at checkout. Please note that this offer can’t be combined with the UPBLURAY offer.

Thanks again for shopping at Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

Last edited by kahuna; 11-12-09 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-12-09, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay, since I got my blu-ray order from Amazon (some of which I was almost tempted to return just to prove a point) I thought I'd post that too:

$19.99 - Up
$22.99 - Monsters Inc.
$18.99 - Pinocchio
$19.99 - Sleeping Beauty
-$10 - Best Value Savings
-$10 - DisneyBD
-$08 - Promotion (Monster's Inc coupon)
-$20 - Promotion (Snow White Thanks)
---------
$33.96 - Total shipped

Or $8.49 each.
Old 11-12-09, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you are going to bestbuy then use the 10 off up and the 8 off monsters inc coupon. monsters inc and up are two seperate ITEMS and your using one coupon per ITEM then it will only cost you 23 and some change.

plus keep in mind your chances of finding Monsters inc at target right now are not that high.

or if you go to target and they have monsters inc keep in mind, they have signs posted saying
"we accept one target store coupon and 1 manufactures coupon per ITEM" that is there posted policy, even if they try to argue it with you,(as one tried with me) they have to accpet the target buy up and MI get 10.00 off and the up 10.00 off and the 8 off for MI
again Monsters inc and Up are two seperate items!!!
Originally Posted by DJariya
Okay, I have been sifting through this monstrosity of a thread and honestly I'm very hesitant to try the coupon stacking that you alot of you have been doing.

I have both coupons ($10 off Up and $8 off Monsters Inc) and it clearly says at the bottom of them that they may not be used in conjunction with any other offers. Everytime I visit a BB or Target, the cashier always reads the coupon thoroughly from my experiences. So, I'm actually surprised to see so many of you getting cashiers that are allowing coupon stacking when they shouldn't be doing it in the 1st place.

To make my life alot easier and not have to argue with cashiers/price matching and coupon stacking, I was thinking about doing the following:

Going to Best Buy:
Buy Up for $23.99 -$10 off coupon = $13.99 before tax

Make a 2nd trip to Target:
Buy Monsters Inc for $26.99 - $8 off coupon= $18.99 before tax

Grand Total= $32.98 before tax. IMO, that seems like a pretty good deal considering the Blu-Rays are about $40 each MSRP.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 11-12-09 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-12-09, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by NCC1701E
Quick question (I don't have time to read all 28 pages of this thread right now!):

Will Best Buy accept the Target $10 off Up/MI coupon? If so, using that plus the $10 and $8 manufacturer coupons would be cheapest for me at $20.98 before tax.

Thanks in advance...

Nevermind....The Best Buy website has the buy MI and Up and get $10 off, so the local store said they would price match their website and accept the $18 in manufacturer coupons as well. I doubt they would let me slip the Target $10 coupon in there as well....hmmm.....
Old 11-12-09, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
If you are going to bestbuy then use the 10 off up and the 8 off monsters inc coupon. monsters inc and up are two seperate ITEMS and your using one coupon per ITEM then it will only cost you 23 and some change.

plus keep in mind your chances of finding Monsters inc at target right now are not that high.

or if you go to target and they have monsters inc keep in mind, they have signs posted saying
"we accept one target store coupon and 1 manufactures coupon per ITEM" that is there posted policy, even if they try to argue it with you,(as one tried with me) they have to accpet the target buy up and MI get 10.00 off and the up 10.00 off and the 8 off for MI
again Monsters inc and Up are two seperate items!!!
The gal I went to took all four coupons and even said she is not sure if she is supposed to. I asked about it and she did it anyway. Out the door with two blu rays for 0.98 + tax. The deal of the year for me. Do I feel guilty, since I asked about taking all four coupons up front and she said she was not sure and did it anyway then not really.
Old 11-12-09, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

OK, long story: Went to Target #1 which showed MI in stock. Got there, no dice. Tons of Up! Blu-ray, but no MI. Nice guy looked for me, but OOS.

Went to Target #2 on a lark, MI in stock! Holy sheet! BUT, no Up! You've got to be kidding me....

Bought MI and returned it to Target #1 to re-buy as package. While heading back to get Up!, the nice guy from earlier sees me and says.....Hey! we found one for ya....had it sitting there with an Up! ready to go.

Was having a tough time ringing up every coupon, when an off duty manager saunters over....uh-oh. He then starts helping the other guy enter every coupon.....says he did it yesterday for himself! He did say the only way to get all four was to buy another item. No problem, snagged me a Hershey Bar.

Final tally:

$19.99 Up!
$18.99 MI (price-matched BB)
$38.98
-$10.00 Disney Up!
-$8.00 Disney MI
-$10.00 Target website "both" coupon
-$10.00 MI "peel-off" coupon
$0.98 FINAL TOTAL

'course this doesn't include my sales tax and the most delicious Hershey Bar I've ever had!

It's deals like this, and the $6.49 Amazon deal that take some of the sting away from the hundreds of dollars I spent on HD DVDs.

Last edited by BuckNaked2k; 11-12-09 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-12-09, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just got home from Target paying $.98 plus $1.74 tax for a grand total of $2.72!

The breakdown on my receipt:

Up BD $19.99
MFR Coupon -$10.00 (Target $10 coupon)
Monsters BD $8.99 (The register took $10 off the $18.99 Best Buy PM when I used the $10 coupon that was on the MI slipcover)
MFR Coupon -$8.00 (Disney Monsters Inc. coupon)
MFR Coupon -$10 (Disney Up Coupon)

Subtotal: $0.98
Tax (on $28.98; no idea why it was this amount): $1.74
Total: $2.72!

I paid with cash. Mwah ha ha!
Old 11-12-09, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flix1

As I mentioned before, NEVER PREORDER from Amazon.com. I pre-ordered from Amazon, thinking I was getting a pretty good deal. It ended up being the worst of all of the deals available.

Lesson learned. As much as Amazon has been trying to train people to be the first choice destination of BD, this experience has made sure I won't be pre-ordering from them again. At least, or perhaps especially, for Disney titles in the future. Typical price fluctuations are one thing, to offer lower prices and better promotions after a certain pre-order date or the day after it is released, that is another thing entirely.
Old 11-12-09, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by flix1

Actually, it's no big deal. I emailed them and they refunded me $5 so my order now stands at around $17, which is almost the same if you get Target to take all the coupons and PM with tax.
Old 11-12-09, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by kahuna
I guess I should of complain also. I just got shot down once again. I guess it does not matter that I have made over 560 orders with them since 1998. I will think twice about pre-ordering any Disney/Pixar blu-rays from Amazon.com from now on.
Wow. I feel sorry for you because they refunded me the $5 for their new promotion.
Old 11-12-09, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by abintra
Lesson learned. As much as Amazon has been trying to train people to be the first choice destination of BD, this experience has made sure I won't be pre-ordering from them again. At least, or perhaps especially, for Disney titles in the future. Typical price fluctuations are one thing, to offer lower prices and better promotions after a certain pre-order date or the day after it is released, that is another thing entirely.

I learned the lesson too. After getting shot down by Amazon numerous times, I decided to print out the coupons and try my luck at Target today. I didn't find any Monsters, Inc. with the $10 coupon sticker but the girl at Customer Service did pricematch Best Buy and apply the 3 other coupons. Paid $13.66 including tax. I'll be sending the others back to Amazon. It sucks to have to pay return shipping but it's worth a few bucks to me just on the principle. I had almost decided to just keep the Amazon order and not worry about it but the fact they added a promotion giving $15 off the purchase of the two in the last few days really pissed me off.
Old 11-12-09, 05:40 PM

Anybody in Los Angeles area know which Target still have Monster blu ray? I tried 4 Target stores already. None of them has the movie.

Thx,
Old 11-12-09, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I dont know about target but i do the bestbuy in westhollywood has atleast one copy from where i returned it last night, after the target in santa fe springs came through for me with my copy that was suppose to be held for me on tuesday, but ended up being sold to someone else.
Originally Posted by AlexOi
Anybody in Los Angeles area know which Target still have Monster blu ray? I tried 4 Target stores already. None of them has the movie.

Thx,
Old 11-12-09, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't price match Best Buy, but I did get UP! and Monsters Inc. for $8.98 from Target. I had to go to two different Targets, as I could not find both movies at one location.

I used the $8 MFR and $10 Target coupon with Monsters Inc. Total $8.99.
Then, at second store, I used the $10 MFR and $10 off pack coupon on UP!. Total -$0.01.

In each case, when the clerk looked at the coupon for both movies, I told them I couldn't find them at the same Target. They didn't pause and scanned the coupon and they just worked. For the UP! purchase, I had some groceries as well on the order... which I think made it work without any warnings or overrides.

Real trick was finding the freakin' movies. They are going fast.

Last edited by beebs; 11-12-09 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-12-09, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

iam a little confused how, you were able to do this.
did you pay full price at the first store and then have the second store take the coupons of the first reciept? Its very strange. what does it look like on your reciepts? i the lowest ive seen any one have at target using all the coupons and the price match was .98 cents
Originally Posted by beebs
I didn't price match Best Buy, but I did get UP! and Monsters Inc. for $8.98 from Target. I had to go to two different Targets, as I could not find both movies at one location.

I used the $8 MFR and $10 Target coupon with Monsters Inc. Total $8.99.
Then, at second store, I used the $10 MFR and $10 off pack coupon on UP!. Total -$0.01.

In each case, when the clerk looked at the coupon for both movies, I told them I couldn't find them at the same Target. They didn't pause and scanned the coupon and they just worked. For the UP! purchase, I had some groceries as well on the order... which I think made it work without any warnings or overrides.

Real trick was finding the freakin' movies. They are going fast.
Old 11-12-09, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,786 Likes on 2,715 Posts

Okay, I kept it really simple and got a pretty good deal IMO without going through major loops.

Trip #1: Went to Best Buy and picked up UP, Price matched Best Buy.com and used the $10 off coupon. They were all cleaned out of Monsters Inc.

$19.99 -$10 off= 9.99+ 9.75% sales tax= $10.96

Trip #2: Went to Target and they had 1 copy of Monsters Inc, Used the $8 off coupon.

$26.99 -$8 off= $18.99 + 9.75% sales tax= $21.62

Grand Total= $32.58 with tax included. That's about $16 per BD. That's not bad at all IMO.
Old 11-12-09, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Amazon is now down to $26.98 for both Up and Monsters, Inc.. $6 lower than those suckers that pre-ordered.
Old 11-12-09, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by moviewizguy
Wow. I feel sorry for you because they refunded me the $5 for their new promotion.
Me too. This, after days of dueling with them on another coupon I did not get.

Final price from Amazon deal: $1.49
Old 11-12-09, 08:00 PM

I couldn't get Target to pricematch Best Buy, not because of the combo deal, but because Monsters Inc has more than 1 disc in it. I am not kidding.
Old 11-12-09, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by AlexOi

Thx,
Go to target.com and search for MI and type in your zip code.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.