Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-09, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

In my experience, BB's policy, at least in Los Angeles, is very inconsistent. Sometime they take manufacturer coupons. Sometime you get the feeling they refuse the coupon because they think it is fraudulent. So, I personnaly avoid going to BB if coupon and price matching is concern. 9 of 10 times I will leave the store frustrated.
Old 11-11-09, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by komsik
What did any of you have to do to price match the BestBuy website? Just head over to CS? Did you need a printout of the website?

Btw got an feedback email response from amazon and it sounded like they actually read my response but still didn't budge on any of the coupons.
This is what I did I printed out the BB website prices. UP is $14.99 and Monster's Inc. is $23.99. They tried to sale me UP for $18.99 price that is was ringing up on their cash register. I was not going to back down. So I was able to get both manufacturer's coupons ($18) off of those prices. Although she tried to tell me I could not use both coupons. I told her they were for different movies and not the same movie. She had to call someone to confirm and they told her I was right.
Old 11-11-09, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well no dice with Amazon on the $10 coupon but I can't complain, got a fairly good deal.
Old 11-11-09, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wish i was kiding, notice i posted that this had happened to me (left off the store location though) a few posts above what he wrote.

The glendale, North hollywood, West Hollywood, and La cienga targets did not have it in stock, i had gotten the info that the santa fe springs location did have so i called to verify, and it was confirmed and the person took my name and said i need to see the supervisor (terry) that it would be at electronics counter .
Originally Posted by hal9000
You're kidding right? Because If I had driven from Hollywood all the way to Santa Fe Springs after all those assurances, and then left empty handed I'm pretty sure I'd be leaving Target in handcuffs. BTW, the first sales person I delt with was John and the supervisor's name was either Mark or Mike. There was no name on the Blu Rays and they were sitting under a pretty tall stack of Call Of Duty 4 video games.

On the bright side at least you didn't have to deal with any traffic at that time of night, I drove from Hollywood Way in Burbank at/near the 134/101 freeways to the 605 freeway in under 20 minutes. If I were you I would check the Burbank Target today/this morning. I was told they were expecting more M-Inc. and they already had an end cap display totally filled with Up Blu Rays.

Why didn't you go to the North Hollywood Target they had a crap load of both? That's the less desirable Target, let's just say that the clientele that shop there aren't really buying much in the way of Blu Ray discs.
Old 11-11-09, 04:32 PM

yeah, i went to the glendale target last night, only had 2 copies of up and no copies of monsters inc. i bought up anyway with the $10 off, and will try the burbank location tonight or tomorrow to see if i can get both and will return the UP i bought last night.
Old 11-11-09, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
To follow-up with my previous post. My girlfriend went to her local Best Buy and they told her that in order to get the refund on the deposit she needs to bring back the Steelbooks. I remember reading others post they had no problems retunring the pre-order.

Is this something new or anyone else experiencing this.

Any help would be appreciated.
You should easily be able to get a refund, but even then on the back of the steelbook it says if you don't pick up by 11/27/2009, you can bring your receipt to the store for a refund. So if they're not doing it for you, just wait until then.
Old 11-11-09, 05:40 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by kahuna
This is what I did I printed out the BB website prices. UP is $14.99 and Monster's Inc. is $23.99. They tried to sale me UP for $18.99 price that is was ringing up on their cash register. I was not going to back down. So I was able to get both manufacturer's coupons ($18) off of those prices. Although she tried to tell me I could not use both coupons. I told her they were for different movies and not the same movie. She had to call someone to confirm and they told her I was right.
HUH? Up in Blu-ray is $19.99, not $14.99. Sounds like you printed the wrong thing from the website and bought the wrong item for the coupon.
Old 11-11-09, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Any signs of Target restocking these? What is their usual restocking day....Friday?
Old 11-11-09, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kahuna
Originally Posted by MisterBill2
HUH? Up in Blu-ray is $19.99, not $14.99. Sounds like you printed the wrong thing from the website and bought the wrong item for the coupon.
He must have printed out his cart from BB's website....even though their ad states "buy Up on BD, and get $10 off the Monsters Inc BD", the wonky way it rings up is it takes $5 off of each title...therefore, in the cart, it drops the price of Up from $19.99 to $14.99 and the price of Monsters Inc from $28.99 to $23.99.....

The Up price in-store is $23.99 (not $19.99 like on their website)...so when the $5 is taken off of it in the combo deal with Monsters Inc, it comes up as $18.99....
Old 11-11-09, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sumdeus
I contacted Amazon and asked about the $10 "Up" coupon but was denied in under 5 minutes! As stated in a previous post, though, I was able to get every other coupon applied, so not too bad in the end
Last update from me...I gave Amazon Customer Service one more try and instead of the Promotions department that denied me the first time on the $10 "Up" coupon I tried the Returns/Refunds department. They were kind enough to give me the $10 off So, in the end I was able to get every discount and coupon mentioned here!!! Unbelievable deal and an amazing accomplishment of DVDTalk members working together to achieve this.
Old 11-11-09, 06:01 PM

I'm disappointed. I went to Target and Monster's, Inc. was all gone. They said that it's out of stock everywhere in the Houston area so I decided to go to Fry's and when I first walk in there, there were signs that said customers couldn't use the Disney coupons. Good thing I didn't cancel my Amazon order.
Old 11-11-09, 06:18 PM

so the Monsters, Inc. blu-ray somehow sold out in all the Target's in the Chicagoland area. either they were very popular or our area got screwed over by distribution. i hope they restock this before the week's over.
Old 11-11-09, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sumdeus
Last update from me...I gave Amazon Customer Service one more try and instead of the Promotions department that denied me the first time on the $10 "Up" coupon I tried the Returns/Refunds department. They were kind enough to give me the $10 off So, in the end I was able to get every discount and coupon mentioned here!!! Unbelievable deal and an amazing accomplishment of DVDTalk members working together to achieve this.
Very nice! I just started to email the Refunds/Returns Department after the first one and I had nothing but Luck with it.
Old 11-11-09, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It's interesting that Monsters Inc. BR is sold out everywhere according to various posts. It's a pretty safe guess it's all due to this multi-coupon combo deal with Up BR, but since people are still finding Up it means Disney did not send out enough MI's. Since MI already exists on SD DVD, they might have thought fewer people would buy it. They would've been right except for all the discounts.

Who wants to guess if Up and/or MI will hit all-time record BR sales due to this? I bet Disney probably never guessed so many people would use the $10 off coupons, so they might be a bit upset when they discover virtually every Up and MI sold is going to be costing them reimbursements of $10 each. So when everyone says "WOW... look at the incredible BR sales", I wonder if they'll realize that was due to most customers paying $6-$7 each.

I noticed I have a $5 off 2 Disney Blu-Rays Target coupon. It's a moot point since I got mine from Amazon and all Targets are out of stock, but it would've been fun to see someone try to stack that $5 off coupon on top of everything else.
Old 11-11-09, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by WMAangel
He must have printed out his cart from BB's website....even though their ad states "buy Up on BD, and get $10 off the Monsters Inc BD", the wonky way it rings up is it takes $5 off of each title...therefore, in the cart, it drops the price of Up from $19.99 to $14.99 and the price of Monsters Inc from $28.99 to $23.99.....

The Up price in-store is $23.99 (not $19.99 like on their website)...so when the $5 is taken off of it in the combo deal with Monsters Inc, it comes up as $18.99....
That's exactly what I did. I printed out what was in my cart at BB website.
Old 11-11-09, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
It's interesting that Monsters Inc. BR is sold out everywhere according to various posts. It's a pretty safe guess it's all due to this multi-coupon combo deal with Up BR, but since people are still finding Up it means Disney did not send out enough MI's. Since MI already exists on SD DVD, they might have thought fewer people would buy it. They would've been right except for all the discounts.

Who wants to guess if Up and/or MI will hit all-time record BR sales due to this? I bet Disney probably never guessed so many people would use the $10 off coupons, so they might be a bit upset when they discover virtually every Up and MI sold is going to be costing them reimbursements of $10 each. So when everyone says "WOW... look at the incredible BR sales", I wonder if they'll realize that was due to most customers paying $6-$7 each.
I'm surprised too. Every target in my area lists MI as "Out of Stock". One has "Limited Availability", but it's too far from me.

Maybe the fact that the 4-disc Blu set includes the SD and digital copy, many non-HD folks bought it instead, considering all the discounts....
Old 11-11-09, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't just buy MI because of the discounts - MI already looked amazing on regular dvd... can't even imagine how stellar it's going to look on BD. Now I just have to find the time to watch it....
Old 11-11-09, 07:09 PM

instead of Monsers, Inc selling out everywhere, i'm thinking target got shorted on their supply and many stores didn't even get them. i've seen a bunch of them in best buy, walmart, etc, so i don't think it's in huge demand. considering monsters, inc is both a double dip and a pretty old movie, i doubt many people even know about the blu-ray release. the online coupons or the $10 on pack coupon really wouldn't be a factor in it not being in stock in ALL the target's in my area on the very first day it comes out (and there are dozens around chicago).
Old 11-11-09, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Best Buy had at least 50 copies on the shelf today of Monsters, Inc.
Old 11-11-09, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I tried Promotions dept and Refunds dept... and no luck on the UP $10 coupon.. and also have not received the unique $10 off code which is similar to DISNEYBD... so I wonder if somehow I sent too many emails or this stuff is really random....
Old 11-11-09, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b2net
I tried Promotions dept and Refunds dept... and no luck on the UP $10 coupon.. and also have not received the unique $10 off code which is similar to DISNEYBD... so I wonder if somehow I sent too many emails or this stuff is really random....
Haven't been following this massive thread, or the various others, but I didn't receive any of the extra offers (no idea which were legit or not). Pre-ordered at $37.48 for both. Never sent an email about the order. Today I received two emails from Amazon letting me know my pre-order dropped by $4.50 for a total of $32.98. Checking my account, paid via GC, the $4.50 has not been credited back.

I see a mention on a couple of sites about the $10 offer on another Disney BD from a select list. Haven't received that though. I now see that Amazon is selling both Up and Monsters Inc. for $27.98, http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000451521 promo code UPBLURAY, so this whole pre-order from Amazon didn't work out very well. Still have no idea what I qualified for or not (other than $4.50 seems like it should have been refunded back by now).
Old 11-11-09, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hope nobody doesn't mind if I don't do anymore updates to the pricing since everyone's getting different results with coupons when to get to stores.

Unless of course there's something really obvious I'm missing.
Old 11-11-09, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
I hope nobody doesn't mind if I don't do anymore updates to the pricing since everyone's getting different results with coupons when to get to stores.

Unless of course there's something really obvious I'm missing.
You've done quite well, sir. I don't think anyone would pitch a fit if you stood down at this point. Thanks again!!
Old 11-11-09, 08:43 PM

I asked about their new "UPBLURAY" coupon and they replied with the general email saying they don't accept Disney promotions. I guess they didn't even bother to read what I wrote.
Old 11-11-09, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by abintra
I see a mention on a couple of sites about the $10 offer on another Disney BD from a select list. Haven't received that though. I now see that Amazon is selling both Up and Monsters Inc. for $27.98, http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000451521 promo code UPBLURAY, so this whole pre-order from Amazon didn't work out very well. Still have no idea what I qualified for or not (other than $4.50 seems like it should have been refunded back by now).
Wait. Wait. So buying it today would have cost cheaper than pre-ordering the movies?! That offer takes off $15 from the two movies than the $10 from the pre-orders! Do you think I can tell them about it?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.