DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/560355-walmart-walmart-com-discounts-deals-blu-ray.html)

b2net 07-25-10 02:21 PM

re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...s-walmart.html

TheMovieman 07-27-10 01:56 PM

Just an FYI, my Wal Mart store had Rambo: Extended Cut, Tin Man and Fanboys for $15.00 ea.

JohnnyMovie 08-07-10 12:01 AM

I went to wal-mart today and there lots of $10 from the blu-ray rack and list with $10 are:

A Clockwork Orange (there 2 copy left and I almost pick up but both are bad case, oh well and I will come back or another wal-mart for the perfect case lol)
The Silence of the Lambs
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
The Brave One
Robin Hood (w/ Kevin Costner)
Road House

ohh i cant recall rest of blu-ray title but the blu-ray rack is kinda messy rack lol.

izatright 08-17-10 12:43 AM

Blu-ray bargains at Walmart.com

There are a lot of titles here that I haven't seen mentioned in other threads. Walmart.com is stepping up their game to match or beat other online retailers. I picked the following with site-to-store for free shipping:

Resident Evil: Extinction - $7.96
Dawn of the Dead (Original) - $8.86
Fist of Legend - $11.46
Shaun of the Dead - $12.46

They also have a ton of other blu-rays that are under $10, including:

$7.50
Unforgiven
Domino

$7.96
Wayne's World
Wayne's World 2
Scanner Darkly
Semi-Pro
Lord of War

$8.00
2001 Space Odyssey

$8.86
Sunshine Cleaning
Day of the Dead (Original)

$9.32
Pink Panther (Original)

$9.86
Primal Fear
Mask (Jim Carrey)
Edward Scissorhands
Donnie Brasco
Ghost Town
Patriot Games
The Fly (Remake)
Proposition
Hellraiser
Dawn of the Dead (Remake)
Resident Evil
Lost Boys
Beetlejuice

g 08-17-10 03:50 AM

Re: Blu-ray bargains at Walmart.com

I just noticed they have a pretty good priced preorder

Superman / Shazam!: The Return Of The Black Adam (Blu-ray) 13.86

BrewCrew 08-17-10 07:05 AM

I just ordered Raging Bull for $8.86, thought it was a decent deal.

b2net 08-17-10 05:18 PM

Here is another thread started that is for .com of Wal-Mart. Wonder if the 2 should merge and the title should change to Blu-Ray bargains at Wal-Mart or walmart.com....

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...lmart-com.html

b2net 08-17-10 05:19 PM

Wonder if these 2 should merge and the title should change to "Blu-Ray bargains at Wal-Mart or walmart.com" ....

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...-wal-mart.html

darkhawk 08-22-10 01:17 PM

Walmart.com has The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe for $14.99. In store it's $20.00 or with the disney coupon $12.00.

I Gotta see if Best Buy will price match Walmart's online price and get to use the coupon. They're real picky about this kind of stuff. $6.99 for this Disney blu-ray, I'll try all the BB here to get it.

sumdeus 08-22-10 01:33 PM

My local WM cleared out most the BD's! All 2-for-$15 Fox titles are gone now and they only display the new releases. Just last week they had an aisle of older BD's and the 2-for-$15's.

Liquid Death 08-22-10 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by g (Post 10325697)
I just noticed they have a pretty good priced preorder

Superman / Shazam!: The Return Of The Black Adam (Blu-ray) 13.86

They must've fixed it, now it looks like that's the DVD price, with the BR priced at $20.

Luther Heggs 08-24-10 02:02 PM

Walmart's exclusive "Tom and Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes" combo pack (Blu-ray/DVD/DC) is $18.00 in-store while it's $19.86 online. Not recommending the title necessarily, but if you're interested there you go.

Trevor 08-26-10 11:10 AM

^ Probably a no-receipt return to a very clueless cashier.

Rammsteinfan 08-26-10 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 10340305)
^ Probably a no-receipt return to a very clueless cashier.

What would be my guess. Apparently a very clueless and blind cashier. How can you miss the big blue sticker that says BEST BUY? :hscratch:

Kory 08-26-10 03:11 PM

How do you explain the shelf tag though? Were there other copies behind it also with that sticker?

jwstl 08-26-10 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Kory (Post 10340811)
How do you explain the shelf tag though? Were there other copies behind it also with that sticker?

What needs explaining? Maybe I'm missing something but the shelf tag just means they sell the Blu-ray. It's doubtful they sell the Best Buy exclusive version.

zombeaner 08-26-10 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl (Post 10340847)
What needs explaining? Maybe I'm missing something but the shelf tag just means they sell the Blu-ray. It's doubtful they sell the Best Buy exclusive version.

There is no Best Buy Exclusive version, it it the same everywhere. This explains why someone was able to return it, the UPC is the same. They probably should have removed the sticker.

Trevor 08-26-10 03:44 PM

It was exclusive to BB for a couple months only, I think that deal is over now. Other possibilities are the manufacturer putting the stickers on too much product, or sending out Best Buy returns to other stores without removing the stickers.

Kory 08-28-10 10:11 AM

Oh, see, I thought it was still an exclusive at Best Buy. I would say it's possible that Best Buy was told to ship some of their stock to Walmart, and their idiot employees didn't remove the sticker. I've seen that happen before.

skidmark 08-28-10 10:32 AM

More likely, it was a return through distribution to a central warehouse, were it was sent on to Wal-mart.

kenbenobi 08-31-10 03:53 PM

I was surprised to see the 4 Resident Evil movies in Steelbooks at WM, with a bonus disc, for $15 each. I picked up the trilogy, passed on that animated Degeneration one... I believe the bonus disc is the same for each movie though... I know Futureshop was selling these. ilovedeals started a thread the other day about Futureshop carrying these, but that thread was either moved or deleted... These are blu-ray sized Steelbooks, BTW...

newginafets 09-01-10 01:46 AM

wah there's no 2 for $15, only 2 for $20

Rammsteinfan 09-01-10 03:39 PM

Not sure if anyone saw it or not but two walmarts I went by today to check out the RE steelbooks had HATCHET already out on blu-ray. Picked that up for $15. I believe its not out till next week.

VamPirateXXX 09-01-10 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan (Post 10350596)
Not sure if anyone saw it or not but two walmarts I went by today to check out the RE steelbooks had HATCHET already out on blu-ray. Picked that up for $15. I believe its not out till next week.

Did you find the RE steelbooks? I'm hoping one of the two stores I go to has them, but I'm not expecting much.

komsik 09-01-10 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by VamPirateXXX (Post 10350836)
Did you find the RE steelbooks? I'm hoping one of the two stores I go to has them, but I'm not expecting much.

The only store in my area I went to yesterday at around 10-11:00am and they had at least 9 or 10 of each on the shelf.. not sure how fast they will go but I wouldn't wait too long if you want to be sure to get them.

Rammsteinfan 09-01-10 07:32 PM

I went to two walmarts today in my area and both had lots of steelbooks for all 4 films. About 15-20 each.

laserdogg 09-01-10 08:54 PM

Picked up all four tonight.

8 - 10 of each except RE Degeneration...only 3 copies.

Beware of floaters as I noticed several from each group as I searched for 'perfect' copies....shrinkwrap is kinda beatup on the edges/corners on quite a few as well....like the assembly line mech was a little rough with them or something.

bobwil54 09-04-10 04:59 PM

Saw a new $10 display:
Donnie Darko
S.Darko
The Rundown
Courage Under Fire
Daredevil
Unrivaled
Death Warrior
Dawn of the Dead Remake
There was about 15 other titles but thats all I can remember.

JohnnyMovie 09-04-10 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by bobwil54 (Post 10355312)
Saw a new $10 display:
Donnie Darko
S.Darko
The Rundown
Courage Under Fire
Daredevil
Unrivaled
Death Warrior
Dawn of the Dead Remake
There was about 15 other titles but thats all I can remember.

also saw today:

A Clockwork Orange (1971) (that what I pick up today but it last copy yay)
Road House (1989)
Drop Zone (1994)
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Kedrix 09-11-10 01:31 PM

Went to a few Wally's, no darn RE steelbooks. Sadly, I only want the RE: Degeneration one (since I have the others already in Blu-Ray), but nothing was to be had exception the regular disc for $20. *sigh*.

And I am not paying $25 on Ebay. Reselling bastards. *sigh*

laserdogg 09-11-10 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Kedrix (Post 10364881)
Went to a few Wally's, no darn RE steelbooks. Sadly, I only want the RE: Degeneration one (since I have the others already in Blu-Ray), but nothing was to be had exception the regular disc for $20. *sigh*.

And I am not paying $25 on Ebay. Reselling bastards. *sigh*

Surprising they haven't shown up for you. I see them everywhere and in great numbers...they've got to show up eventually

Axeramm 09-11-10 08:02 PM

My store has several copies of all 4 RE steelbooks. Debated picking them up but with Spartacus coming week after next i decided to wait. May regret that.

TheMovieman 09-11-10 08:27 PM

Yeah, mine had all four as well.

Kedrix 09-11-10 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by laserdogg (Post 10365375)
Surprising they haven't shown up for you. I see them everywhere and in great numbers...they've got to show up eventually

Hrmm, maybe I'm just having bad luck with my podunk town Walmarts. I'll try something further up town next week. Hopefully, it will work out differently.

bateleur 09-12-10 07:18 AM

Ironman 2 Bluray Preorder --> $15

Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray + Standard DVD + Digital Copy) (Widescreen)

Star Wars Guy 09-12-10 08:33 AM

What's the difference between the $15 and the $22 versions? I read the descriptions and unless I missed something, the only difference I see is the cover art and the price. All the extras listed were the same and both mention the digital copy and the DVD version. Could the $15 one be a misprint and it's juts the blu-ray disc and nothing else?

Manzana 09-12-10 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Star Wars Guy (Post 10365862)
What's the difference between the $15 and the $22 versions? I read the descriptions and unless I missed something, the only difference I see is the cover art and the price. All the extras listed were the same and both mention the digital copy and the DVD version. Could the $15 one be a misprint and it's juts the blu-ray disc and nothing else?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's an error and they'll probably send those of us who order the 3 disc combo pack for $15 the single BD one instead forcing us to waste time returning it.

That said, if you preorder from Walmart.com, is it easy to cancel online (without calling someone up) or do you just let them ship it and return it in store? I don't think I've preordered anything from them before, but I'd consider Iron Man 2 if it's the combo pack Blu-Ray version.

josepotato 09-12-10 08:47 AM

Looks like they've got the the prices mixed up for the 3-disc and the 1-disc, who knows which one they'll actually send you. You can always return it to a B&M Wal-mart I suppose if you really only want the 3-disc version.

josepotato 09-12-10 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10365873)
That said, if you preorder from Walmart.com, is it easy to cancel online (without calling someone up) or do you just let them ship it and return it in store?

I just looked at my order and there is a cancel order button.

jiggyblau 09-12-10 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by josepotato (Post 10365878)
Looks like they've got the the prices mixed up for the 3-disc and the 1-disc, who knows which one they'll actually send you. You can always return it to a B&M Wal-mart I suppose if you really only want the 3-disc version.

It's clear on the item page and clear on the email confirmation saying it's the copy that includes DVD and digital copy. Maybe if they ship the wrong one, their customer service will help us to get the right one if we contact them. I've never really dealt with them before, but hopefully they'll work with us given the item details. Anyway, it's well worth a shot.