DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/560355-walmart-walmart-com-discounts-deals-blu-ray.html)

b2net 10-24-10 06:53 AM

re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Found this in the "DVD" bargains section....

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargain...ay-titles.html

boc4ever 10-24-10 05:27 PM

In case anyone is interested or curious, I picked up my copy of the Evil Dead Blu from site to store and it was the LE with bonus disc. Hope you are as lucky as I was.

b2net 11-02-10 09:22 AM

Currently walmart.com has many titles under or around $10

http://www.walmart.com/search/search...&search_sort=4

Travis McClain 11-02-10 09:29 AM

I saw a new floor display this morning of Blu-rays and DVDs. The DVD's were $13-15, I believe, on one side and a $7.50 assortment on the other. The endcaps were comprised of $10 Blu-rays, mostly Warner catalog titles. I'd have snagged the three Batman sequels (I have the digibook release of Batman) except I was there for Toy Story 3. Since the $8.00 coupon expires soon, I figured I was better off using that (which brought the price to $16.99 for the combo pack) and taking my chances that the Batman movies will still be available at $10 apiece once the budget allows for them.

b2net 11-02-10 09:35 AM

The Batman Blu's are $7.50 at wbshop.com right now...

WBShop Batman Blu ray $7.50 Batman Returns $7.5o and more

bigjim25 11-03-10 09:05 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...bL._AA115_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...ZL._AA115_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...SL._AA115_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...9L._AA115_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...mL._AA115_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...bL._AA115_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...ZL._AA115_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...ML._AA115_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...PL._AA115_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...CL._AA115_.jpg

2 [Blu-rays] in 1 case ($10 each):
Crank / Crank 2
Running Man / Red Heat
Terminator 2: Judgement Day / Total Recall
War / The Condemned
Rambo: First Blood / Rambo: The Fight Continues
Rambo: First Blood II / Rambo III
Universal Soldier / Lock Up
Angel Heart / Johnny Handsome
Chaos / The Bank Job
Black Mask / Forbidden Kingdom

I got Crank 1/2 & War/Condemned. Going back to buy a few more. I have none of the others besides the Rambos so I might go broke. Most of these seem to be worth $5 a movie/$10 a set. ;)

zekeburger1979 11-03-10 11:04 PM

I going to assume that the Terminator 2 is the old one and not the Skynet Edition?

wormraper 11-03-10 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979 (Post 10471861)
I going to assume that the Terminator 2 is the old one and not the Skynet Edition?

It's the old one. they state that on the back of the case

SethDLH 11-03-10 11:22 PM

I'll probably pick up Rambo 2/3

Manzana 11-04-10 10:14 AM

Universal Soldier/Lock Up and Red Heat/Running Man are the only 2 I don't have at least 1 of the BDs in the set (well, and Angel Heart/Johnny Handsome neither of which I've ever seen). So I'm considering Red Heat/Running Man. It's so good its picture is shown twice above! :-)

It says preorder on the web site, so obviously this is not yet in retail stores. Perhaps I could use my lingering $10.xx Iron Man 2 e-credit on this one. Now I need to read the BD reviews for Red Heat and Running Man. Without having done so, I'll already make 1 giant assumption: Both of these titles were BD-25 single layer discs probably missing special features from the previous DVD releases and they've now dumped them together on a single BD-50.

I hope it's safe to assume that reviews of the tranfers (video/audio quality) remain the same as the previous BD versions. It'll be months before DVD Basen has any reviews, but maybe Amazon will get a couple user reviews within a couple weeks of release.

bigjim25 11-04-10 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10472399)
Universal Soldier/Lock Up and Red Heat/Running Man are the only 2 I don't have at least 1 of the BDs in the set (well, and Angel Heart/Johnny Handsome neither of which I've ever seen). So I'm considering Red Heat/Running Man. It's so good its picture is shown twice above! :-)

It says preorder on the web site, so obviously this is not yet in retail stores. Perhaps I could use my lingering $10.xx Iron Man 2 e-credit on this one. Now I need to read the BD reviews for Red Heat and Running Man. Without having done so, I'll already make 1 giant assumption: Both of these titles were BD-25 single layer discs probably missing special features from the previous DVD releases and they've now dumped them together on a single BD-50.

I hope it's safe to assume that reviews of the tranfers (video/audio quality) remain the same as the previous BD versions. It'll be months before DVD Basen has any reviews, but maybe Amazon will get a couple user reviews within a couple weeks of release.

A few things, all the ones I seen had special features listed on back and these are out early at 2 of the Walmarts I went to. I haven't openned the 2 I got yet cause my Mom got them for me as Christmas presents. Also they were listed at a higher price on WalMart.com when I check last. They are $10 instore.

rbrown498 11-04-10 10:24 PM

They're out at my store (in Mississippi). I bought the Crank/Crank 2 set and, indeed, it's NOT a repressing but merely the original discs repackaged in a two-pack. In fact, the Crank 2 disc says "Disc 1," since it was originally released with a digital copy disc.

Super56K 11-05-10 06:26 AM

:D oops

OldBoy 11-05-10 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10472399)

i would love to get my hands on that Uni Sol/Lock Up. thanks for heads up.

starman9000 11-05-10 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Super56K (Post 10474084)
Couldn't resist it, and had to buy some more.

I already picked up (all on blu):

Seventh Seal
Paths of Glory
House
Yojimbo/Sanjuro
M

I then pre-ordered online (also blu-ray):

Modern Times
Night of the Hunter

And yesterday I had to place one more online order:

Friends of Eddie Coyle
Sword of Doom
For All Mankind (blu)

I LOVE this sale.

I assume this is supposed to be in the BN thread?

Pizza 11-05-10 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Super56K (Post 10474084)
Couldn't resist it, and had to buy some more.

I already picked up (all on blu):

Seventh Seal
Paths of Glory
House
Yojimbo/Sanjuro
M

I then pre-ordered online (also blu-ray):

Modern Times
Night of the Hunter

And yesterday I had to place one more online order:

Friends of Eddie Coyle
Sword of Doom
For All Mankind (blu)

I LOVE this sale.

For a moment I thought I clicked on the wrong thread. Had to double check.

Manzana 11-05-10 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by bigjim25 (Post 10472444)
A few things, all the ones I seen had special features listed on back and these are out early at 2 of the Walmarts I went to. I haven't openned the 2 I got yet cause my Mom got them for me as Christmas presents. Also they were listed at a higher price on WalMart.com when I check last. They are $10 instore.

Well, I did my research and decided I'll buy 2 of the new packs for $10, so I thought... now I can use my Walmart $10.xx e-Gift card from the Iron Man 2 at Walmart.com. Nope... for whatever reason they don't offer site to store on these packs. So I'll just grab them in the store when I see them (which sounds like it could be any time) and save my e-Gift card for later (which I believe/hope doesn't expire). Or maybe when they are actually released Walmart.com will add the site to store shipping option?

Or Amazon could just make them $10 instead of $10.99 and I'd order from Amazon.

Sweet Baby James 11-05-10 09:49 AM

walmart.com has some Dragon Dynasty titles on sale for $7.50. The titles that I spotted-

36th Chamber of Shaolin
Fist of Legend
Protector
Seven Swords

There might be others as well.

Josh-da-man 11-05-10 08:44 PM

Here's a big YMMV one, but I was Wal-Mart tonight, and they had a big $5 clearance bin with DVDs, Blu-rays, and about two hundred copies of AC/DC's "Black Ice" CD.

Anyway, I picked up Beowulf, Cloverfield, Underworld, and all three Lord of the Rings blus for $30 plus tax. The LOTR blus were the Blu-ray+DVD combo pack that doesn't include the special features discs -- which I don't care about since I already have them on DVD.

Looks like they were blowing out the $12 titles they've had for the past month or two in addition to the Wal-Mart exclusive LOTR discs.

bse 11-05-10 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James (Post 10474343)
walmart.com has some Dragon Dynasty titles on sale for $7.50. The titles that I spotted-

36th Chamber of Shaolin
Fist of Legend
Protector
Seven Swords

There might be others as well.

Ordered Tai Chi Master for $7.50, I was able to upgrade 3 of my favorite Jet Li films this week on blu-ray, for fairly cheap. I will be getting Seven Swords also.

melih69 11-05-10 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 10475593)
Here's a big YMMV one, but I was Wal-Mart tonight, and they had a big $5 clearance bin with DVDs, Blu-rays, and about two hundred copies of AC/DC's "Black Ice" CD.

Anyway, I picked up Beowulf, Cloverfield, Underworld, and all three Lord of the Rings blus for $30 plus tax. The LOTR blus were the Blu-ray+DVD combo pack that doesn't include the special features discs -- which I don't care about since I already have them on DVD.

Looks like they were blowing out the $12 titles they've had for the past month or two in addition to the Wal-Mart exclusive LOTR discs.

If this is not YMMV then I am all over this deal. I am going to check my Walmart and see if they have any of these titles for $5 if thehy do I am in for LOTR and Cloverfield.

wormraper 11-05-10 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by melih69 (Post 10475603)
If this is not YMMV then I am all over this deal. I am going to check my Walmart and see if they have any of these titles for $5 if thehy do I am in for LOTR and Cloverfield.

HUGE YMMV. my store had all those titles for $12 (except for LOTR's which were $20)

Mike86 11-06-10 09:34 AM

Never seen The Lord of the Rings trilogy but I'd blind buy those and possibly Cloverfield for that price. Even $12 isn't terrible.

Manzana 11-08-10 08:53 AM

My local Walmarts don't have the 2-pack BDs for $10 put out yet. The employees I ask don't remember having seen them yet, but that does't mean much since most of them know very little about what they sell or what they have in stock. Hopefully on the 23rd or whenever that release date was Universal Soldier/Lock Up and Red Heat/Running Man BD packs will appear at mine.

DarkRavenII 11-10-10 09:51 PM

I saw Kingdom Of Heaven: Director's Cut, Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Red Heat / The Running Man, Rambo 1 and 4, Rocky combo pack, and many others all for $10 in a cardboard display.

Tai Chi Master (Blu-ray) for $7.50 on Blu-Ray? Now that's a deal I don't think I can pass up. Thanks for the heads up on that one guys.

izatright 11-10-10 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by DarkRavenII (Post 10484319)
Tai Chi Master (Blu-ray) for $7.50 on Blu-Ray? Now that's a deal I don't think I can pass up. Thanks for the heads up on that one guys.

Weren't there issues with the quality of Tai Chi Master and Fong Sai Yuk on blu-ray? I've passed on them, hoping to get a better copy at some future point.

DarkRavenII 11-10-10 10:15 PM

^ Is the DVD a better why to go then?

I'd like to add that I saw Logan's Run for $10 as well. I almost bought it. I wonder if it's stood the test of time well?

flix1 11-11-10 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by boc4ever (Post 10449883)
In case anyone is interested or curious, I picked up my copy of the Evil Dead Blu from site to store and it was the LE with bonus disc. Hope you are as lucky as I was.

Thanks ... I picked up my "site to store" order yesterday and it was the Evil Dead LE. Looks like I can return my Best Buy regular version now.

lizard 11-11-10 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by DarkRavenII (Post 10484353)
...I'd like to add that I saw Logan's Run for $10 as well. I almost bought it. I wonder if it's stood the test of time well?

Logan's Run is $7.96 at walmart.com, with free site to store shipping.

As to whether it has held up over time, it does look a bit dated in style and some of the effects are a bit primitive, although it is still a reasonably entertaining sci-fi movie. If you don't want to spend the $8 you could just Netflix it if you have an account.

DVDMagic 11-13-10 08:14 PM

stopped by my local WalMart tonight to see if they had any on the $5 Dump bin but as always that thing was turned over.

They did however have a new endcap with a majority of new $8 titles as well as a couple of $12 titles.

I took several photo's with my cell so will try to list the titles from there...

Harts War
Hellboy animated double feature (not sure of titles)
Tomb Raider
Navy Seals
Ninja (?)
The Punisher (Jane/Travolta)
Rescue Dawn
Reservoir Dogs
Righteous Kill
Ronin
Species
Live & Die In LA
War
Windtalkers
Young Guns
Silence Of The Lambs
Flyboys
The Terminator
Proposition
3:10 To Yuma ($12)
The Bank Job ($12)
Bangkok Dangerous ($12)
Battle Of Britain
Major League
The Usual Supects
Ferris Buellers Day Off
Without A Paddle
Bulletproof Monk
Chaos
Crank
The Thomas Crown Affair (Brosnan/Russo)
Basic Instinct
Hoosiers

I think that was pretty much everything. I picked up 'Proposition' after hearing/reading positive reviews

Manzana 11-13-10 09:06 PM

I checked another Walmart and found Cloverfield and Beowulf BDs, but they rang up $12 instead of $5, so I passed. They also had the 2-pack sets I wanted on DVD only and no sign of them in BD.

gryffinmaster 11-13-10 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by DVDMagic (Post 10489197)
I picked up 'Proposition' after hearing/reading positive reviews

For $8, I personally think just about everyone should own the Proposition Blu-ray. It's excellent, both the quality of the disc and, of course, the film itself.

Manzana 11-14-10 01:04 PM

The $10 2-pack DVDs finally appeared at my 2nd closest Walmart, so I got Red Heat/Running Man and Universal Soldier/Lock Up BDs for $10 each. No sign of these elusive $5 clearance BDs at 4 Walmarts I looked at. A week or two ago 1 of them did have a bin with Lord of the Rings and some other BDs, but they had $12 price tags on them.

As for $8 BD titles, I only saw Ninja, Zack and Miri, and Outlander (new) mixed in with a bunch of $8 DVDs. The BDs did scan at $8 since this Walmart actually had a working scanner nearby (I find the scanners at most Walmart are usually broken with some sort of error message).

JimRochester 11-14-10 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster (Post 10489284)
For $8, I personally think just about everyone should own the Proposition Blu-ray. It's excellent, both the quality of the disc and, of course, the film itself.

This was in the $5 bin at one of the local WM's but I'd never heard of it so I passed at the time.

boc4ever 11-14-10 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10490007)
The $10 2-pack DVDs finally appeared at my 2nd closest Walmart, so I got Red Heat/Running Man and Universal Soldier/Lock Up BDs for $10 each. No sign of these elusive $5 clearance BDs at 4 Walmarts I looked at. A week or two ago 1 of them did have a bin with Lord of the Rings and some other BDs, but they had $12 price tags on them.

As for $8 BD titles, I only saw Ninja, Zack and Miri, and Outlander (new) mixed in with a bunch of $8 DVDs. The BDs did scan at $8 since this Walmart actually had a working scanner nearby (I find the scanners at most Walmart are usually broken with some sort of error message).

I saw these titles and there was a sign saying "$25" I didn't bother to scan them, but that seems like a huge difference.

Manzana 11-15-10 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by boc4ever (Post 10490833)
I saw these titles and there was a sign saying "$25" I didn't bother to scan them, but that seems like a huge difference.

Are you talking about the $10 2-packs or the 3 $8 BDs I mentioned having a $25 sign at your store? I'd always suggest scanning them if you've heard they may be cheaper because it's common to see stuff in the wrong places. It's hard to believe they'd have these BDs for $25... that's mainly the price for new release BDs of recent movies.

Maul 11-15-10 09:27 AM

High def disc news has posted the Blu ray page from the Walmart Black Friday flier. I can't post it here, but it boasts 60 Blu ray movies will be available for 5 dollars a piece and 30 Blu ray movies will be available for 10 dollars a piece.

Some of the titles are shown, most are not.

BryKasch 11-15-10 12:02 PM

Went by today to pick up a couple things and they had a big display with 8 and 10 dollar blu rays. Snagged Zack and Miri, Major League, and Ferris Beuller for 8 each.

jmsmath 11-15-10 02:15 PM

Dirty Harry Collection is $35.00 at Wal-Mart.com with free site to store shipping.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/13330908

AmityBoatTours 11-15-10 02:48 PM

walmart gave bfads.net permision to list there black friday ad
probably the best deals of any of the bf ads released so far.
http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2010

over 60 bluray titles at 5.00
quite a few bluray titles at 10.00 as well
and several bluray players under 100 bucks including a magnavox at 69.00 that has built in wifi