DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/560355-walmart-walmart-com-discounts-deals-blu-ray.html)

The Monkees 02-16-10 01:00 PM

Re: $10 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart

Originally Posted by Indy Jones Fan (Post 9999864)
Really? Because I don't remember any CGI blood and dubbed cursing in the other Die Hard movies.

Well I don't remember the other Die Hard movies being rated PG-13...

I also don't remember the "dubbed" cursing being that bad, it seemed like it was shot that way and then toned down for the theatrical version. Who cares about the CGI blood? Get over it.

Drav3n 02-16-10 01:35 PM

re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Just picked up Cabin Fever for $10 :thumbsup:

PopcornBandit 02-16-10 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Drav3n (Post 10001975)
Just picked up Cabin Fever for $10 :thumbsup:

Definitely going to have to make a trip to Wal-Mart later this afternoon!

Rammsteinfan 02-16-10 02:16 PM

Cabin Fever confirmed at my walmart. Picked up Cabin Fever for $10. They only got 2 in the box this morning at 7am when they were putting them out. Not sure if its in limited supply or not. They also only had 2 copies of Black Dynamite in the same box for $24. Picked up both.

JimRochester 02-16-10 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Monkees (Post 10001903)
Well I don't remember the other Die Hard movies being rated PG-13...

I also don't remember the "dubbed" cursing being that bad, it seemed like it was shot that way and then toned down for the theatrical version. Who cares about the CGI blood? Get over it.

+1 for the R rated version.

Saw this in the theater and both versions on DVD. They are both pretty hokey in that they tried to have it both ways. In the theater I noticed the words not matching the lips. The best scenario would be both versions on the blu-ray

Star Wars Guy 02-16-10 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by JimRochester (Post 10002221)
+1 for the R rated version.

In the theater I noticed the words not matching the lips. The best scenario would be both versions on the blu-ray

This is what I remember most about seeing it in the theater. I did not notice it in the unrated version when I watched it on my 100" screen. It is possible that I just didn't pick up on it, but if it's there, it's not as noticeable as in the theatrical release (at least to me.)

scarredgod 02-16-10 11:23 PM

black dynamite is $21.86 on the walmart site, a few bucks cheaper than in store.

kenbenobi 02-16-10 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Star Wars Guy (Post 10002743)
This is what I remember most about seeing it in the theater. I did not notice it in the unrated version when I watched it on my 100" screen. It is possible that I just didn't pick up on it, but if it's there, it's not as noticeable as in the theatrical release (at least to me.)

100" screen?!?!?! :jawdrop: Can I come over the next time you're planning on watching the Star Wars trilogy? :eyebrow:

Solid Snake 02-16-10 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 10003046)
100" screen?!?!?! :jawdrop: Can I come over the next time you're planning on watching the Star Wars trilogy? :eyebrow:

....can I buy the pizzas and non alcoholic drinks?

GenPion 02-17-10 12:25 AM

I picked up Cabin Fever and The Running Man for $10 each at Wal-Mart tonight.

Star Wars Guy 02-17-10 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 10003046)

Sure, though somebody will have to sit on the floor as my HT only has 2 seats since my setup is in a very small family room!

PopcornBandit 02-17-10 08:25 PM

Found a copy of Cabin Fever at my Wal-Mart earlier tonight. Would not have known if not for this thread!

Snowmaker 02-19-10 12:20 PM

In case it was not mentioned yet, Walmart has the Close Encounters set for $15.

kenbenobi 02-19-10 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker (Post 10007870)
In case it was not mentioned yet, Walmart has the Close Encounters set for $15.

I saw that, too. Super bargain. Couldn't find Cabin Fever yet, though. I'll probably have to go to the WM where I found the Saw 3-pack...

One of my WM's downsized their BD's badly. They now have one small rack of maybe 20 titles. That's ask. I asked the employees, and they said that is the only area for BD's now. How dumb...

Moopher 02-19-10 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 10007913)
I saw that, too. Super bargain. Couldn't find Cabin Fever yet, though. I'll probably have to go to the WM where I found the Saw 3-pack...

One of my WM's downsized their BD's badly. They now have one small rack of maybe 20 titles. That's ask. I asked the employees, and they said that is the only area for BD's now. How dumb...

That's what happened to my closest WM...they had so many before too.

I only have to drive about 10 minutes to the next closest one. Fortunatley they loaded up and they have more BD's than i've seen in any retailer, other than Best Buy.

Snowmaker 02-19-10 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 10007913)
I saw that, too. Super bargain. Couldn't find Cabin Fever yet, though. I'll probably have to go to the WM where I found the Saw 3-pack.....

I think I saw Cabin Fever there. Never a title I wanted so I didn't pay much attention to it.

efordvt 02-19-10 01:31 PM

Just so folks know, the Cabin Fever BD is INTIRELY DIFFERENT that the standard DVD. Different print, new commentaries, nothing repeated.

Torchur317 02-19-10 04:06 PM

I seen Cabin Fever but didn't notice it was a new cut with different features, I'll have to pick it up next time....

geekzapoppin 02-19-10 04:32 PM

Both of my local Wal-Marts all but got rid of both their DVD and BD sections. Dang it. The only store that has a decent selection of movies any more is Best Buy and anything that isn't on sale there is grossly-overpriced. Even their movie section is a shadow of its former self. I've had to go back to ordering online for anything but the most mainstream flicks.

Adam Tyner 02-19-10 05:41 PM

My Wal-Mart's pretty much abandoned Blu-ray too. I see some of the specials and a couple of new releases, but that's it. No dice on Cabin Fever.

Moopher 02-19-10 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner (Post 10008455)
My Wal-Mart's pretty much abandoned Blu-ray too. I see some of the specials and a couple of new releases, but that's it. No dice on Cabin Fever.

It's a real shame, because their BD's seemed to be selling fairly well, but I guess I was wrong. I saw Cabin Fever there, and they even had Black Dynamite, which I found to be weird. But I guess this is what happens sometimes.

mzupeman2 02-19-10 06:54 PM

No dice on The Running Man at my local Wal. Damn.

terrycloth 02-19-10 08:20 PM

recently got a ps3 and came here looking for deals saw cabin fever for 10 and ran over and two aisles turned into a rack holding 6 blurays. asked about cabin fever they also informed methey recieved 2 andsold out and bc bd werent selling that they will only be recieving some new releases.

Matthew Chmiel 02-19-10 09:03 PM

I wonder if WMs abandoning Blu-ray is due to the sales alongside the area where the Wal-Mart is.

The three WMs in my area have (massively) expanded their Blu-ray section in the past few months with the one closest to my house having an entire aisle now devoted to titles. I've been to other WMs in "lesser" areas of the city and their Blu-ray selection is pretty much nothing other than new releases and a brief selection of catalog titles.

The same applies to Target. The two Targets (one a Greatland, the other regular) have a solid selection of Blu-ray. Others that I've been to have had less than half an aisle.

kenbenobi 02-19-10 09:20 PM

Finally found Cabin Fever, at the 5th WM I checked. Still haven't found The Last Kiss for 5 bucks tho.