Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepdiscountDVD - BEWARE!!!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DeepdiscountDVD - BEWARE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-01, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted this on the DVD Bargains forum the other day:

Just received my order yesterday (Bond Vol. #2). I realized they mischarged me for the order - they didn't give me the 10% off (used the coupon posted on this site). Well, they told me they couldn't credit me for the coupon, so they would have to credit back the entire amount, and then recharge me. OK....however I checked my statement today on-line and they still haven't fixed this.

I'll keep you posted....but make sure to check your statements. In addition, the CSR told me "You can't use that coupon more than once" - I pointed out to her that this was my first order with them. So again, beware that they won't honor use of that coupon more than once.

Now for the update. Well, they got it partly right...they recharged me for Bond Vol. #2. That was 4 days ago...they have still not credited me for the initial screw-up. So now I have been charged twice for Bond. Vol 2 - once without the 10% discount, once with. I have called customer service about this and it's not fixed. At this point I am hopping mad....and I have put American Express on notice for the incorrect charge (unfortunately, I can't dispute it until my bill goes out).

This has gone beyond a typical mistake....at this point I cannot recommend DeepdiscountDVD.com. I know a few of you have got your orders correctly...but my experience tells me not to trust these guys with my credit card info.
Old 02-13-01, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

DeepDiscountDVD
Old 02-18-01, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thieves. Did they ever give your money back?
Old 02-18-01, 04:34 PM

After two more telephone calls (and being disconnected on one of these), I finally got the credit to my AMEX. No apologies from DeepdiscountDVD either. I notice that a few other folks have posted similar problems in the DVD Bargain forum. My suggestion - Only use these folks if its a fantastic bargain - and use a cc (like AMEX) which will give you no hassle with correcting overcharges.