Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscountDVD.com Should Be Renamed ShallowDiscountDVD.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DeepDiscountDVD.com Should Be Renamed ShallowDiscountDVD.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-01, 07:52 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't waste your time on these jokers, unless you want aggravation. They don't honor orders placed and their prices? Deep discount? How about discountless, that's more like it. They won't be getting my business again. There's many more reputable online retailers to shop at who have much better prices on their DVDs. I doubt this dot com will be around for very long. Good riddens!
Old 02-10-01, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
How about some specifics - can't take general rants seriously. What did you order? How did they change he price on your order? Details, please, if you expect us to accept your comments.
Old 02-11-01, 06:37 PM

Yeah, what exactly happened to you that was so bad? I have ordered from them on two seperate occasions, and aside from some minor problems (no shipping confirmation) I have encountered no problems with this e-tailer.
Old 02-12-01, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
What about the whole AB FAB "Gift Set" fiasco? I called twice and was given two seperate reasons as to why it's "Discontinued" now (First one Warner canceled it and the second one was We Goofed - Sorry).

My second problem :

I ordered Battle Beyond the Stars from them with their pre-order date of 2-6. I never received an E-mail confirmation and I called on Feb. 8th to see what was up. They had no record of me ordering that DVD!! And to make things worse, they claimed that they didn't even have that DVD in stock because "The company didn't ship them any". After checking their website, it claimed to have BBTS in stock and ready to ship. I called back to make sure it was canceled.

I called back on the 10th to figure out the whole AB FAB fiasco and the first Rep. mentioned that Battle Beyond the Stars is shipping out Monday (the 12th) after I Canceled it AFTER they told me they never got my Order!

Oy! I don't know if I'm going to deal with this company again. As far as I'm concercerned, they got off to a bad start!

Andrew
Old 02-13-01, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

you all should read the repsonse from David in charge of Marketing in the other DDD thread. sure they goofed on the AbFab deal, but they are HONORING it. sure they goofed on the Urban Legends 2 pack, but they are HONORING it. Not every price is great, but there is a lot of good deals. read that thread and maybe you will see that this company is great.
Old 02-13-01, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
read that thread and maybe you will see that this company is great.
Maybe when I get the DVDs I ordered, I'll think the same thing.

Until then...............

Andrew
Old 02-13-01, 06:42 AM

I preordered the first two THUDERBIRDS sets from them and one came Saturday and the other came yesterday. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a whole two weeks ahead of the release date! Even with tax, the cost per set was $23.03 ($39.95 s.r.p.).

I agree that some of their prices are no better than some other retailers, but after how well they handled this order, I will be going to them again.
Old 02-13-01, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay. I just got my Ab Fab Set reinstated at the $48 price today.

"Thank you for contacting DeepDiscountDVD.com

We have processed your order. YOUR NEW ORDER # IS ***** and the total price is $48.00. We will ship this item as soon as it is released and we receive it. Thank you for your order.

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards,

DeepDiscountDVD Customer Service
[email protected]
(800)264-5076"

At least they own up to their mistakes.

Now.....where's that Battle Beyond the Stars I ordered?

Andrew