Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ex On The Beach (MTV) -- premieres 4/19/18

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-18, 05:29 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts
Ex On The Beach (MTV) -- premieres 4/19/18

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U2WRrb7knvY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can you ever really be over your ex? In this social experiment, 10 smoking-hot celebrity singles think they're running away to a tropical island for a once-in-a-lifetime romantic vacation full of fun and sun. But just as the party is getting started, unwanted guests arrive to break up their good time. Paradise turns into a nightmare when their exes start emerging, and everyone is left wondering whose ex will be next. Caught in a complicated web of hookups, deceit and revenge, will old loves reignite? Or will the flame of romance be gone for good? Welcome to Ex On The Beach.

MTV is hitting the shores of Hawaii with the greenlight of a new U.S. version of the global youth brand's international phenomenon "Ex On The Beach." The news comes as the network closes 9 consecutive months of primetime growth and ranks as the fastest growing top 40 cable entertainment network. Multi-Platinum rapper and actor Romeo is set to host the social experiment that features 10 romantically embattled reality stars from "The Bachelorette," "Big Brother," "Bachelor in Paradise," "The Challenge," "Vanderpump Rules," "Are You The One?" and "Bad Girls Club" alongside everyday singles who show up for what they think is a run-of-the-mill love and dating show in paradise, only to be completely blindsided by their exes (in some cases multiple) face-to-face. A complicated web of hookups, deceit, revenge and drama unfolds against the sultry backdrop as couples decide if their love can be reignited, or if the flame of romance is gone for good. Meet the cast Thursday, April 12th at 10 p.m. ET/PT during the launch special in advance of the 10, one-hour episode series debut on Thursday, April 19th at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. The U.S. series will also air across MTV's channels internationally.
Old 04-20-18, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Re: Ex On The Beach (MTV) -- premieres 4/19/18

I watched this today and I thought it was just ok. There's is a little bit of eye candy in Taylor, but she's has a bad personality, Lexi Paulie's Ex, and Angela everything is fake, but she looks good half the time and bad half of the time.... I don't know how Victoria and the little DJ guy even got cast on this show...
Old 04-20-18, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah doesn't seem like there's much going on with this show beyond looking at hot chicks. Taylor is gorgeous and Angela's body is pretty ridiculous. So is it like Bachelor in Paradise where people get sent off? Not even clear on the premise.
Old 04-20-18, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This show was really popular in Britain and this is the American version. Apparently they vote Exs off. At least, that's what they showed in the season preview at the end of the episode. I don't know if they vote the singles off or not. It did ok in the ratings. It was the number 5 cable show on Thursday, but it had Jersey Shore Family vacation as its lead in. Jersey Shore was the number 3 cable show on Thursday.
Old 04-20-18, 08:31 PM

Corey seems like an even bigger douchebag here.

I can’t believe I lowered my standards to watch this.
Old 04-20-18, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Finisher
Taylor is gorgeous and Angela's body is pretty ridiculous.
Agreed.
Old 05-13-18, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone still watching? I caught up on episodes this weekend. This show is pretty bad, but I can't stop watching.....
Old 05-13-18, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

I am embarrassed to say that I am watching. The show is a train wreck.

I have been some portions in Fast Forward. But I am a sucker for this kind of trash. I need help.
Old 05-14-18, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

They took away Bad Girls Club, and for my sins they gave me this show.