Search this Thread

Old 02-12-18, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S3E10) -- "Daddy Darhkest" -- 2/12/18

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 12

NEW NIGHT AND TIME

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

"Daddy Darhkest" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

FOLLOW YOUR HEART - After Sara's (Caity Lotz) encounter with Mallus, the Legends are paid a visit by John Constantine (guest star Matt Ryan), a demonologist detective. The Legends agree to accompany him to a present-day psychiatric hospital and they are surprised to discover who Constantine is trying to help. During the exorcism, Sara, Leo (guest star Wentworth Miller) and Constantine go missing, leaving Ray (Brandon Routh) and Zari (Tala Ashe) to try to take care of Constantine's client. Meanwhile, Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) and Nate (Nick Zano) once again come face to face with Kuasa. Dominc Purcell also stars. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Matthew Maala (#310). Original airdate 2/12/2018.

Episode 10 of 18

Now on Mondays at 8pm for the remainder of it's season.
Old 02-13-18, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S3E10) -- "Daddy Darhkest" -- 2/12/18

"His girlfriend's a guy"

Repeating what we have all said before, Constantine needs to be on this show permanently.
Old 02-13-18, 12:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They need to waterproof the Waverider.

Otherwise the episode was pretty good - would love to see Constantine more often.
Thought Zari and Atom could have done more than standabout in the coffee shop but we'll just blame the writers.
Old 02-13-18, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man it was nice to have Constantine back. I wish he would have stuck around since he was a great addition to the show. And hey Sara finally banged a guy for the first time in four years!

I think the only real weakness of the episode was how many plots they had going simultaneously. You had the A plot with Snart, Sara and Constantine, The B Plot with Amaya and Nick, The C plot with Zari and Ray and The D plot with Mick watching football. Might have worked better with 1 or 2 characters.

Bummed to see Leo leave. I like having Miller around and he felt pretty wasted bringing him back for such a short stretch. Even less enthused with Wally replacing him since I really hate Wally but I have faith the writers will be able to get some personality out of him.
Old 02-13-18, 07:05 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by SmithsGuy
They need to waterproof the Waverider.
It's not like it's a spaceship or anything.
Old 02-14-18, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
It's not like it's a spaceship or anything.
A spacetime ship perhaps?

It was nice to see magic done right (i.e., unlike Arrow's Dahrk season). As much as I like Constantine, his saying "love" after every utterance got a little trying for me. (I do need to watch the single season of his show though.)

Edited to add: I hate to say it (but it's true) - not really missing Supergirl.

Last edited by stingo; 02-14-18 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-14-18, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,811 Likes on 1,130 Posts

I thought it was a fun ep. I love how Mick is such a great character, you can barely have hin as part of the story line and he STILL is one of the best parts of the ep.

Constantine...I love this guy. I want more of this guy...but then again, having him just pop up and leave actually works well. It's leaves you wanting more and doesn't give him time to get stale or goofy. I'm shocked the usual suspects aren't bitching about him showing his bi-sexuality....
Old 02-14-18, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

It was a fun episode and nice to see Constantine again.

And yes, finally Sara had a fling with a dude for a change even though it was Constantine.
Old 02-15-18, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

There was a HINT that Constantine maybe be back to help the Legends.
Now its confirmed. YAY!

https://www.cbr.com/legends-of-tomor...antine-return/
Old 02-15-18, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I'm shocked the usual suspects aren't bitching about him showing his bi-sexuality....
QFT. But in their defense, they did not miss their opportunity to comment about Sarah.

The back and forth between Constantine and Leo, and then Constantine and Sarah was awesome. I'm not a big fan of Constantine in general, but he's a huge step up from Rip. And if they are going to continue to have Dhark around as the recurring big-bad, having Constantine around makes sense.

Good casting for Dhark's daughter. She has very similar eyes as Neil, which is probably hard to find.
Old 02-15-18, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm shocked the usual suspects aren't bitching about him showing his bi-sexuality....
So? Him being bi-sexual has been a part of his character in the comics for awhile now, and it was done subtly without putting it on full display.

QFT. But in their defense, they did not miss their opportunity to comment about Sarah.
Yay Mr. Social Justice Warrior is back! Oh Mickey. Its good to see that you stil have to automatically stir shit up to fit your biases about everything being sexist or homophobic but I guess SJW's gonna SJW.
Old 02-15-18, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by robin2099
So? Him being bi-sexual has been a part of his character in the comics for awhile now, and it was done subtly without putting it on full display.
He was obviously paying more than casual attention to the men on the Waverider in the beginning of the episode, and rather than let us make the obvious inference regarding Constantine's out of nowhere discomfort around Sara they whacked us over the head with her "shagging" comment. Nothing subtle about any of it in my opinion.
Old 02-16-18, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,811 Likes on 1,130 Posts

Originally Posted by randian
He was obviously paying more than casual attention to the men on the Waverider in the beginning of the episode, and rather than let us make the obvious inference regarding Constantine's out of nowhere discomfort around Sara they whacked us over the head with her "shagging" comment. Nothing subtle about any of it in my opinion.
It's weird, I had a "Bizarro robin2099" moment in that I felt as if they kinda forced Sara and Him into that hetero fuck to prove some kinda point. NOOOOW that seemed forced more so than the other Gay hook ups on DC shows.
Old 02-17-18, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
It's weird, I had a "Bizarro robin2099" moment in that I felt as if they kinda forced Sara and Him into that hetero fuck to prove some kinda point. NOOOOW that seemed forced more so than the other Gay hook ups on DC shows.
I simply look at it as both of them always looking to hook up with attractive people, including hooking up together when the opportunity presented itself. Leo was the third wheel since he is engaged.

But of course anytime a woman turns down a man, a whole bunch of loser men get their tighty whities in a bunch.
Old 02-17-18, 09:40 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Constantine is one of the characters great in small doses

i don't like the totem ladies, all three of them

otherwise this show is fun