Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Kingsman: The Blue Blood (D: Vaughn) Rumors, news, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-17, 10:44 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Why not, the first two have been fun so far.

https://geektyrant.com/news/matthew-...-to-develop-it

Matthew Vaughn Has Got Plans For KINGSMAN 3 and He's Starting to Develop It

It shouldn't come as surprise to you that Matthew Vaughn would continue the story of the Kingsman in a third film. Kingsman: The Golden Circle was totally left open for a sequel, one that better involve more of Channing Tatum's character! I didn't like the fact that he was in a coma throughout most of the film.

Confirmation that Matthew Vaughn in the process of developing Kingsman 3 came from CBR, who recently attended a Blu-ray event for The Golden Circle. Visual Effects Supervisor Angus Bickerton told them:

“We’ve had the briefest of conversations with Matthew [Vaughn] about it…he’s got plans."

If he's having conversations with people and sharing his ideas about a third film int he franchise, he's actively working on it. When previously talking about what he envisions for the future of the franchise, he said:

“I think there’s a story in my head which will be finished by the end of the next one. And then after that then, of course, there could be Statesman movies, there could be spinoff character films. The universe could continue with new agents. Or, you know, Colin (Firth) could become Arthur (…) or new characters could come in. Or new kids get trained. There’s so many options, but I also think it’s better not to be too greedy.”

This franchise has been a blast so far and I'm stoked about what the future holds for it. I know we've got awhile before we see anything happen, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Vaughn has up his sleeve to continue the stories of these characters. I'm also excited about seeing how he's going to up the ante in the action department!
Old 12-14-17, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
re: Kingsman: The Blue Blood (D: Vaughn) Rumors, news, etc.

My hope is that he gets Dwayne Johnson to play a health freak with a chain of restaurants where the food kills fat people; it’s all so they can actualize the idea that Vaughn said would be in the second movie: the Kingsman vs a giant hot dog.

Think this guy but bigger and evil:
Old 12-14-17, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Part 2 was a step down, but still fun. Bring it on.
Old 12-14-17, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

I hated the second one. But have loved all of Vaughn's movies up until then, so he gets a pass from me. Bring on #3!
Old 06-08-18, 08:07 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Edit: I mixed it up. There will be a third film AND a prequel that will shoot back to back.

A third regular film (“the conclusion of the Harry Hart-Eggsy relationship,” say Vaughn) has been in the pipeline for a while but now comes news that a spin-off titled Kingsman: The Great Game will explore the spy organization in the early 1900s. The two films will shoot back-to-back, apparently.

Also on the way is an eight-hour Kingsman TV show, and a Statesman film following the world of Channing Tatum, Jeff Bridges and Halle Berry’s American agents.
https://deadline.com/2018/06/matthew...ff-1202406160/

Last edited by dex14; 06-08-18 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-28-19, 08:07 AM

Matthew Vaughn has revealed that Kingsman 3 will wrap up Harry Hart and Eggsy's story.

The first two instalments in the spy franchise feature Taron Egerton's youthful scallywag Eggsy joining a secretive and prestigious organisation, where he's tutored by Colin Firth's gadget-laden agent Harry.

Here, the two come across some colourful international baddies and brush shoulders with their American counterparts (named The Statesman).

But following 2014's The Secret Service and 2017's The Golden Circle, what can fans expect from this planned trilogy-closer?

Director Vaughn recently sat down with Digital Spy to talk about all things Rocketman – which he produces and Egerton stars in – and also found time to discuss the next planned Kingsman movie (not to be confused with next year's prequel The Great Game).

"We've got to finish off the Eggsy and Harry relationship," he said. "The final chapter of their relationship needs to be told, which we've got ready to do, and I'm hoping to shoot that later this year or the beginning of next year.

"But this Kingsman (prequel) has been pushed back to February 14th for coming out, and so, yeah, as soon as that's done, we're looking forward to… It's funny. As Taron was saying, he's looking forward to becoming Eggsy again, because emotionally it's a lot less draining."

From playing a hyper-stylised version of Elton John in his breakout years to a character he's played twice already, it's hard to disagree there.
https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2...-relationship/
Old 12-13-21, 08:00 PM

A fourth film in the Kingsman franchise and third which tells the story of Taron Egerton's Eggsy is all set to begin filming in September of 2022. While promoting The King's Man, a prequel to Kingsman: The Secret Service and Kingsman: The Golden Circle which tells the World War I-era origin story of the spy group, the franchise's producer and director Matthew Vaughn shared the news with ComicBook.com in an exclusive interview. "We're all set to go,' Vaughn said. 'We start filming in September." He teased that this Kingsman 3 will wrap up Eggsy's story.
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ki...ilming-sequel/
Old 12-13-21, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,209 Likes on 2,071 Posts

The second movie dipped on quality from the first but I still find the series extremely enjoyable. I’m looking forward to The King’s Man and Kingsman 3.

I am going to miss Mark Strong. Although,
Spoiler:
If they can bring back Colin Firth after being shot in the face at point blank range maybe they can bring Strong back after being blown to pieces

Old 12-13-21, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

It was the stupid way they killed off Roxy that pissed me off. I probably need to watch it again because I never really "recovered" from that when I watched it the first time.
Old 12-13-21, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
It was the stupid way they killed off Roxy that pissed me off. I probably need to watch it again because I never really "recovered" from that when I watched it the first time.
I hated that too. I kept thinking that she might still be alive, but that was terrible.