Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Continuum (SyFy) -- The Final Season Thread -- Premieres 9/11/15 at 11pm ET

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-15, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Continuum (SyFy) -- The Final Season Thread -- Premieres 9/11/15 at 11pm ET

The group of Future Soldiers who have arrived to battle Keira Cameron (Rachel Nichols) and her team in the final season of Continuum will include Kyra Zagorsky (Helix, Soldiers of the Apocalypse), Michael Eklund (Bates Motel, Shattered), Ty Olsson (The 100, Nerds and Monsters), Aleks Paunovic (The 100, Arctic Air), Lisa Berry (Xlll: The Series, Nikita) and Garfield Wilson (Almost Human, Arrow).

Among the regular returning cast are Victor Webster (Castle, Melrose Place), Erik Knudsen (Jericho, Scream 4), Brian Markinson (Mad Men, Arctic Air), Stephen Lobo (Arctic Air, Smallville), Roger Cross (Motive, Arrow), Omari Newton (Blue Mountain State, Sophie), Luvia Petersen (The L Word), Terry Chen (Bates Motel, Combat Hospital) and William B. Davis (X-Files).

Synopsis
Kiera, injured during her and Brad's escape from the future soldiers, has a renewed desire to return to her son in the future. Brad reunites with the future soldiers in a bid to gain their trust and work from the inside. Alec gets revenge on Kellog by hacking into Piron which causes unexpected consequences and revelations.

6 episode final season. Premieres tomorrow night on SyFy at 11pm. Yes that's right, 11pm when probably most of you on the East coast will be asleep. This was originally supposed to have a 7 season arc. So they are wrapping up a lot in 6 episodes.

Giving you all a headsup in case you haven't set your DVRs yet, since chances are none of you will watch this live unless your on the West coast getting the SyFy East coast feed. Since the season is so short, I don't think we really need weekly threads and it doesn't help that it's airing so late.

Be warned of spoilers, Canada is 1 week ahead. If you watched the show last week, please don't post spoilers until it's aired in the U.S.
Old 09-10-15, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: Continuum (SyFy) -- The Final Season Thread -- Premieres 9/11/15 at 11pm ET

I watched this about 3 weeks ago (August 23rd) when Showcase did a pre-release presentation of the first episode on their website to build hype.

Shame the final season was cut down to a mere 6 episodes but it seemed to already be coming to a conclusion after the first episode of this season.

I find it completely silly though that Kira is getting Alec to send her home. It shouldn't even be possible. The fact that they've changed the future means that her future doesn't even exist. So it's impossible to get back to her son and the life she had. Are the characters just being completely stupid this season?
Old 09-12-15, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Watched the premiere last night. Pretty good follow up to the cliffhanger. The future soldier costumes looked pretty good for a TV budget, especially Canadian.

Yeah I'm not so sure how Kiera expects to get back to her family. So much has changed since she arrived that her future probably doesn't exist anymore. It does feel like we're heading towards the end with how things transpired here. Hopefully it doesn't feel rushed. 6 episodes just seems so small to wrap up a science fiction show that was originally planned to run 7 seasons.

Surprised there wasn't a Roger Cross siting even though he was credited. Must have been working on Dark Matter when this was filming.
Old 09-12-15, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

At a minimum, they didn't waste much time in episode one on meaningless side characters or irrelevant plot.
Old 09-13-15, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Also sad this only has 6 episodes to finish. However it has been a solid show, do if they can on a high note then I'll be pleased.

This episode did feel more grounded and had a season 1 pacing feel. It's impressive how they have kept all of the characters and plot threads moving together. Including Julian and his Thesius arc.

I do hope they don't have a cliche happy ending where she gets home to her family. Except for her son, she didn't have a great life. Her husband cheated on her if I recall, her sister was a junkie, and she worked for a system she knew deep down was flawed.

We still don't know who the travel/religious person is, do we? That's the person that was in the locked room/chair, correct?
Old 09-13-15, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

We still don't know why they want to kill Kiera.
Old 09-14-15, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by randian
We still don't know why they want to kill Kiera.
Who, the mech group from the Kellog future? Sure, they have been instructed by old Kellog to kill all travelers from the future to "protect" the timeline. Except they probably don't know Kellog is a traveller too.
Old 09-15-15, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07
Who, the mech group from the Kellog future? Sure, they have been instructed by old Kellog to kill all travelers from the future to "protect" the timeline. Except they probably don't know Kellog is a traveller too.
I thought Warlord Kellog sent back Brad to change the future because it was not only worse than his original future but it was imploding to boot. Kellog is a survivor and not one to sacrifice himself so I'm sure he has a plan.
Old 09-19-15, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,015 Likes on 627 Posts

Great episode last night. It really showed how everyone has their own agenda, but they have to form alliances to achieve their goals. The 'family' dinner scene at the end was an interesting group.

I hadn't even thought about whether or not Emily was Jason's mother, but now it seems like an obvious question she would have been wondering about. It still doesn't mean she and Alec couldn't end up together, though she seems to think it does.

The action and fight scenes continue to impress me--especially for a cable sci-fi show. They are choreographed, performed, and edited very well.

I thought for a moment Carlos was a goner! I mean--it being the final few episodes and all--I won't be surprised if they start killing off some major characters.

And apparently Kiera's original timeline is not lost, so she could get her happy ending.
Old 09-19-15, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
The action and fight scenes continue to impress me--especially for a cable sci-fi show. They are choreographed, performed, and edited very well.
Old 09-19-15, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Great episode last night. It really showed how everyone has their own agenda, but they have to form alliances to achieve their goals. The 'family' dinner scene at the end was an interesting group.

I hadn't even thought about whether or not Emily was Jason's mother, but now it seems like an obvious question she would have been wondering about. It still doesn't mean she and Alec couldn't end up together, though she seems to think it does.

I thought for a moment Carlos was a goner! I mean--it being the final few episodes and all--I won't be surprised if they start killing off some major characters.

And apparently Kiera's original timeline is not lost, so she could get her happy ending.

Agree. Solid episode. Was worried about Carlos after he got shot multiple times by Travis.

at Kiera drowning Kellogg to get the poison out of him.
Old 09-19-15, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Yeah, Carlos would be practically dead, even with a vest on. That's repeated blunt force trauma to his chest.

As if she was going to kill Kellog. I wonder if that actually works if someone was poisoned like that.
Old 09-19-15, 06:02 PM

I don't know why she would think she's his mom. The only reason she's in Alec's life is because the original time travelers (Keira and Liber8) changed the course of Alec's life.

I really enjoyed this episode but thought they would accelerate the storyline. There are only 4 episodes left.
Old 09-19-15, 11:01 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

I guess the concept they are coming up with is that you do not change the future, they stay the same, but you can create new ones..
Old 09-20-15, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I get Jason would tell the truth, but what's to say Emily and Alec can't work now? New timeline that has them to come together - especially after he time traveled to save her life!

The fight scene between Carlos and Travis was badass. Especially the gun drop, grab, and shot!

I hope there is a good 15-20 minutes in the finale to wrap up afters so we see how everybody winds up.

I realize we probably won't get answers to everything, but questions I still have are:
1) who is the mystery chair traveler ?
2) why did Alec send Kira of all people back?
3) how is the other guy who is playing all the sides still alive and retain knowledge of all the timelines?
4) is Escher really dead and was he Alec's dad?
Old 09-20-15, 05:36 PM

I realize we probably won't get answers to everything, but questions I still have are:
4) is Escher really dead and was he Alec's dad?
I don't think either of these are in doubt.
Old 09-20-15, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

They've foreshadowed Kiera going back to her original time far too much for it not to happen.
Old 09-20-15, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's why I'm hoping they pull something out of left field. They show has been good about fresh ideas and twists so I hope things end strong on the originality front.
Old 09-21-15, 09:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
They've foreshadowed Kiera going back to her original time far too much for it not to happen.
Since her main reason for going back is to be with her son the show could find another way to reunite them. I'm still thinking maybe her son is the Traveller and losing his mom to it was what triggered his interest in time-travel. He's clearly someone important, but even with so few episodes this season they haven't built his character at all. That makes me think he's an existing character that will be revealed rather than someone random to be introduced at the end.
Old 09-21-15, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks, my DirectTV didn't record that episode!
Old 09-21-15, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by malichai
That sucks, my DirectTV didn't record that episode!
The U.S. Airings are 1 week behind Canada. Directv uses the Canadian air dates. You probably need to record this manually.
Old 09-26-15, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Episode 3

Another good episode. They really turned the corner and are starting to tie the different stories together. My guess would be the device is a larger incursion mechanism to bring more of their future to the present. Probably old Kellog trying to use his young self to manipulate his old self staying in power longer. If so Kiera's words especially ring true.

Really sad to see Lucas go, but he did go out in a nobel manner. I thought somebody was going to die by the end of the episode, but expected it would be Garza.

So Kellog, Garza and Travis are only remaining members. I wonder if any of them will make it past the finale.

I'd really like Kiera and Carlos to get back on the same page. Maybe with Brad having killed Lucas, Kiera will get back to trusting Carlos again.

Only 3 to go,
Old 09-26-15, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,015 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by morriscroy
Yeah, it's nice to see her on Continuum. She was the only thing I halfway liked about Helix (I quit watching it at the beginning of S2).

Kellogg is just such a creepy, smug, asshole. I really hope he gets brought down hard in the end.

Julien is actually tolerable now. I liked the scenes with him and Alec, talking about their futures.

RIP Lucas. I knew he was a goner as soon as he stepped out of that van.

Loved the fight between the big brute and Kiera and Garza!
Old 09-26-15, 05:05 PM

Episode 3

I'd really like Kiera and Carlos to get back on the same page. Maybe with Brad having killed Lucas, Kiera will get back to trusting Carlos again.
That's becoming a stretch.
Kiera: "Hey Carlos, how about letting Travis go? I know he's a generically engineered psychopath but I have him under control."
Carlos: "You do realize that he tried to KILL me yesterday, right! He's killed dozen of people since he's been here....just a couple guys yesterday...and he can kick your ass."
Kiera: "So we'll take later."
Old 09-26-15, 07:47 PM

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

Yeah, it's nice to see her on Continuum. She was the only thing I halfway liked about Helix (I quit watching it at the beginning of S2).

Kellogg is just such a creepy, smug, asshole. I really hope he gets brought down hard in the end.
Spoiler:

Funny watching Zagorsky's character give Kellogg a beatdown, after an attempted seduction.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.