Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Question about Amazon $10 off coupon

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Question about Amazon $10 off coupon

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-00, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used the coupon code I received from Amazon in the mail to get 10 bucks off From Dusk Till Dawn Collector's Edition. I've heard it's been delayed. If I cancel my order will I be able to "re-use" the coupon before Friday when it expires?
Old 09-19-00, 07:45 PM

The code is actually a promo GC.
When you cancel an amazon order placed with a regular GC, the balance is just dumped into your account as credit.

In the case of a promo GC, it's only supposed to be used at time of purchsae, so I would guess that the code would still be available for use.

Even if you cancelled your order and the GC code became invalid, I'm pretty that a CSR at Amazon would be able to figure this out and give you the $10 GC back.
Old 09-19-00, 09:46 PM
Hoc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by 37 In A Row:
I used the coupon code I received from Amazon in the mail to get 10 bucks off From Dusk Till Dawn Collector's Edition. I've heard it's been delayed. If I cancel my order will I be able to "re-use" the coupon before Friday when it expires?<HR>

Given that it is so close to the expiration date, you are taking a chance, but it is likely that the value of the GC will still show up in your account immediately when you cancel.

Perhaps a safer way is to call a CSR and make sure you get the GC value back before you cancel.