Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Target/BB/CC

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-00, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which out of these three stores (Target, Best Buy, Circuit City) has the best selections and prices at B&M? Going to redeem a $50 gift card from mypoints soon and was curious which one to get. Thanks.

(Open to other suggestions as well.. Suncoast and Tower are also available, as are a few others I believe.)
Old 09-08-00, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Unless there are sales going on, the stores usually carry the titles at close to the same price. One thing I have noticed, however, is that on MGM's recent $19.99MSRP titles, Ciruit has been carrying them for 13.99, while Best Buy has them at around $17.99. Other than that, it all depends on the sales.
Old 09-08-00, 08:12 PM

Remember that every one of these stores will price match each other as long as you have a printed ad that you can show as your checking out. If I remember correctly, they will also pricematch any other ads up to 30 days after your purchase if you bring the ad & your receipt in. This may be of major benefit for those of us who like to save a couple dollars here and there at the B&M's.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention is that if you have a printed ad for any of the stores, on the last page or 2nd to the last page, there's usually fine print at the bottom, read it over a little, it will describe the price matching policies and whatnot. I'm fairly positive best buy will give 10% of the discount pricematch, so if you had a Circuit City ad with a $10 difference from what you bought it at in Best Buy, they will give you $10 and a $1 back to you. Works great.

[This message has been edited by thetaz (edited September 08, 2000).]
Old 09-09-00, 01:49 AM
Cool New Member

Target has a small selection of only the most popular or latest realeases. I'm guessing that it's less than 75 titles.

------------------
Give me a house in the country, a Jeep in the driveway and monkeys in the yard!
Old 09-09-00, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Outside of any sale titles...Target's prices are pretty bad and their selection is small!!! Circuit City has prices similar to Best Buy but Best Buy easily has the largest selection!!!
Old 09-09-00, 02:25 AM
Banned

Dont go to Target and Wal-Mart! The selecion is pretty pathetic(not to mention every time my family goes) I check out the video sections in each of these stores and guess what! A lot of the VHS are on DVD ,but they dont carry those titles! Only popular and hot release are the forte! I'd say they have about 75-80 titles(mine is about 25-50 titles here!!)

DO you have a Fred Meyers store nearby?The selection there for DVD and videos kicks both Targets and Wal-Marts butts!!I shopped at one during my vacation with my family and they kick butt in Washington State and Oregon! My family lives in Washington so I took advantage of the store while I had the chance!!Good Luck with your quest!
As for me I'm stuck in cyberspace because my B&M stores suck!!All I have is Hollywood Video(2),Blockbuster(1),factory stores,CompUSA, The WhereHouse ,Target and Wal-Mart! TO make matters worse it takes forever to get special orders from them!!