Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Good Wife -- "A Few Words" -- 3/16/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-14, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Good Wife -- "A Few Words" -- 3/16/14

ALICIA REFLECTS ON HER PAST FOR INSPIRATION WHEN SHE IS INVITED TO DELIVER THE KEYNOTE ADDRESS AT A CONFERENCE FOR THE AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION, ON "THE GOOD WIFE," SUNDAY, MARCH 16

Jill Hennessey Guest Stars as Power Lawyer Rayna Hecht; Eric Bogosian Returns as Nelson Dubeck, Agent in the Office of Public Integrity

"A Few Words" - When Alicia is asked to be the keynote speaker at the American Bar Association conference in New York City, she looks to her past for inspiration. Meanwhile, the competition with Diane and Will continues as Alicia and Cary battle to align with a powerful New York lawyer. Also, Will turns to an old acquaintance when it becomes clear that Nelson Dubeck's investigation into possible voter fraud isn't going away, on THE GOOD WIFE, Sunday, March 16 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Jill Hennessey guest stars as power lawyer Rayna Hecht; Eric Bogosian returns as Nelson Dubeck, agent in the Office of Public Integrity.

SERIES REGULARS:

Julianna Margulies (Alicia Florrick)
Christine Baranski (Diane Lockhart)
Josh Charles (Will Gardner )
Archie Panjabi (Kalinda Sharma)
Matt Czuchry (Cary Agos)
Mary Beth Peil (Jackie Florrick)
Graham Phillips (Zach Florrick)
Makenzie Vega (Grace Florrick)

RECURRING CAST:

Carrie Preston (Elsbeth Tascioni)
Nathan Lane (Clarke Hayden)
Skipp Sudduth (Jim Moody)

GUEST CAST:

Cady Huffman (Marina Vassal)
Jeremiah Wiggins (Howard Acocella)
Polly Draper (Lorainne Joy)
Jill Hennessy (Rayna Hecht)
Tim McGeever (Moderator)
Nestor Rodriguez (Cute Bear)
Eric Bogosian (Nelson Dubeck)
Bill De Blasio (Himself)

Written by: Executive Producer Leonard Dick

Directed by: Rosemary Rodriguez

Read more: Listings - GOOD WIFE, THE on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2wAgx0nJw

Episode 14 of 22

For those unaware:

renewed through the 2014-15 season (the show's sixth) on 3/13/14
Old 03-16-14, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: The Good Wife -- "A Few Words" -- 3/16/14

Crapital structure.
Yeah, the good ol' flashback trope looked like an Emmy tape for Julianna Margulies, but that was one helluva showcase not only for the lead but the best show on network TV.

Elsbeth was probably too cheap to fork over some dough for that photograph with the bear. And of course she ends up charming the rainmaker.

Jackie Florrick giving Norma Bates a run for her money.

After another NSA episode, Will should have assumed surveillance all around, ignored Moody and just kept on walking. doh

renewed through the 2014-15 season (the show's sixth) on 3/13/14
woot!

I think the Kings' goal is to end the series with a seventh(?)
Old 03-17-14, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I liked this episode even though it was mostly flashbacks of stuff we didn't see from the 1st season. Julianna had to dig out the season 1 wigs.

Great to have Elsbeth in this episode. The stuff with the bear was freaking hilarious. I don't think I am allowed to type was she said in the episode without possibly offending someone. But, that was hilarious. I loved Elsbeth outsmarting Dubeck with that recording and using New York law. I love her, but she's the kind of character that is best in small doses.

at her singing at the bar.

at the Jackie hallucinations calling Alicia a dirty whore.

I think the flashback to when Will hired Alicia gave a little more substance to the feeling of betrayal he has towards her right now.
Old 03-17-14, 09:23 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

Great episode, loved Elsbeth (especially when she was on the phone with Kalinda running down the list of things to research on Dubeck and then throwing in the stuff with the bear ).

The flashbacks really did put Will and Alicia's relationship in perspective. He gave her a chance when no one else would, she would not be where she is today without him, and she left the firm and stole clients. Of course he's pissed off.
Old 03-17-14, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I really liked the flashbacks. It's what we figured happened, but it was nice to see it taking place.

Elspeth
Old 03-17-14, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

The last line was the key. Alicia will somehow save Will from being indicted.
Old 03-17-14, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

she made plans and financial outlays before even starting work and getting a pay check?
not too bright. I wouldn't want someone that stupid working on my cases
Old 03-17-14, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt
she made plans and financial outlays before even starting work and getting a pay check?
"Damnit, man, she's a lawyer, not a financial planner!" It very likely could have been the first place she had ever gotten on her own too.
Old 03-18-14, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Masterful episode, this show is just too good. When I criticize TWD for being sloppy with its plotting and character development, Good Wife is basically the model. I mean the editing in this episode was ridiculously well done as Alicia thinks how she will rewrite her past and plays the scenarios in her head. Love that elevator.

And Elsbeth is one of my favorite characters on any TV show, glad to see her and the scene with the bear was hilarious. I busted out laughing at her reactions. Such a great character.
Old 03-19-14, 12:38 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt
Thats what I thought too.

The flashback put in perspective just how unfair was Alicia in stabbing Will, given that he was basically responsible for her career.

Ms Tassioni was great as usual. I hope this new firm means we will get to see more of her.
Old 03-19-14, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nausicaa
Masterful episode, this show is just too good. When I criticize TWD for being sloppy with its plotting and character development, Good Wife is basically the model. I mean the editing in this episode was ridiculously well done as Alicia thinks how she will rewrite her past and plays the scenarios in her head. Love that elevator.

And Elsbeth is one of my favorite characters on any TV show, glad to see her and the scene with the bear was hilarious. I busted out laughing at her reactions. Such a great character.
Agree with all of this.