Reload this Page >

Shameless - "The Legend of Bonnie and Carl" - 3/16/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-16-14, 11:21 AM

Received 4,557 Likes on 3,092 Posts

Season 4, Episode 9
Episode Synopsis: Carl connects with a troubled girl in detention; Lip grows close to his roommate's ex-girlfriend; Debbie tries to make life miserable for the new girl in Matty's life; Fiona struggles to get a job now that she has a criminal record; Sheila returns from her trip to the reservation with plans to adopt Native American kids; Mickey ignores the birth of his son to spend time with an erratic-behaving Ian. Original Air Date: Mar 16, 2014

Last edited by dex14; 03-24-14 at 06:44 AM.
Old 03-17-14, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Shameless - "The Legend of Bonnie and Carl" - 3/16/14

This can't end well for Carl.

Here's an interview with Ian about his character.
http://la-confidential-magazine.com/...-and-the-giver

Oh hey..
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
I don't even think it's drugs. Doesn't their mother have some mental health condition? I'm guessing Ian's got it and that's why he suddenly, after so long wanting to be in the military, ditched that and did a 180...
Old 03-17-14, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, been pretty obvious for a couple episodes now that Ian is bipolar like his mother. They've strategically placed a few scenes that make it obvious he's not just a drug addict or something.

This episode wasn't as good as last week, but I still liked it. Glad Sheila is back, and she didn't miss a beat.

I don't know whether to feel bad for Lip, or if he's the luckiest dude on campus. That chick is crazy in all the right ways.
Old 03-19-14, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some nice nudity between Fiona in the first scene and the roommate's girlfriend. I'm kinda enjoying seeing Fiona's world being rocked and how she feels helpless and like the world is just piling on her... just like how Frank probably sees his own fuckups. I'm just waiting for her to start showing up at the Alibi and spouting off absurd speeches. I must say though, I don't know how she keeps her mouth shut when the angry sister at work dresses her down.. how she just doesn't shout where the drugs actually came from or tell her to look in the mirror regarding her own f'd up family before judging her, I just can't fathom.

This whole Frank dying thing is just depressing. I guess it's a good message to imply that drinking to excess 24 hours a day will lead to no good, but it's just not as fun as it was when he was a party animal. I oddly keep thinking his new daughter is still going to wind up sleeping with him. Twisted, I know, but it's come so close a couple times that I wouldn't be surprised.

Also, anyone else think Mickey's gonna go on the warpath now that this guy is beating up his sister?
Old 03-19-14, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It may be depressing, but I think it's obvious his transplant will go through, and he will be back to destroying this new liver in short order. Frank has a tendency to revert.