Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Up for Grabs - $10 in Hollywood Movie Money to see "The Wolverine" in Theaters - x2

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Up for Grabs - $10 in Hollywood Movie Money to see "The Wolverine" in Theaters - x2

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-13, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got 4 of these total when the X-Men BDs were on sale at Best Buy, but there's no way I have the time to use all of them and the movie has already left most of the theaters by me anyway.

Up for grabs is 2 codes. First person to PM me gets them.

I just have one rule: use them!

Edit: Gone. Surprised I didn't get more PMs for these. I guess it must've stopped playing at most theaters by now.

Last edited by My Other Self; 08-30-13 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-30-13, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Re: Up for Grabs - $10 in Hollywood Movie Money to see "The Wolverine" in Theaters -

I have MoviePass, but just wanted to comment on the nice gesture
Old 08-30-13, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
Re: Up for Grabs - $10 in Hollywood Movie Money to see "The Wolverine" in Theaters -

It is cool to offer them up.

I saw the post last night, but checked and Wolverine left my closest theater yesterday. I'd have to drive 50 miles to use them.
Old 08-30-13, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I still have 2 of these.. but fortunate it is still in my local theater for another week.. plan to catch it this weekend.. I did notice on my certs that it said "Wolverine or any other movie".. so expect me to PM right now..
Old 08-30-13, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
I still have 2 of these.. but fortunate it is still in my local theater for another week.. plan to catch it this weekend.. I did notice on my certs that it said "Wolverine or any other movie".. so expect me to PM right now..
Yeah, the Hollywood movie money is good for any movie. I had a couple for Iron Man 3 but used them on two different movies. It's more just a promotional deal to highlight a certain movie, but can be used on any movie, with some restrictions on IMAX and 3D, before the expiration.

My Other Self, you could have used them yourself and saved some dough!
Old 08-30-13, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Barth
My Other Self, you could have used them yourself and saved some dough!
I guess I could have, but I don't really go to the movies nearly as much as I used to and I don't know if I'll even make it out to the theater again before they expire.

I was unaware that they're good for any movie. I foresee an argument with a cashier in the future when I'm not seeing the movie that's all over the ticket. I've had plenty of Movie Money go to waste over the years since I always wind up with like 5 or 6 vouchers at a time and assumed it was for just the one movie.

Oh well. The guy who PMed me first is going to take his kid to the movies with it so I'm cool with that. Much better than it potentially going to waste.
Old 08-30-13, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I've used movie cash for other films before, but never when the movie on the certificate is no longer in the theater. Guess when I think about it, I've never tried to do so just assuming it wouldn't work.
Old 08-30-13, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

As long as it is before the expiration, and the certificate states "or any movie"... then you should be good..
Old 09-05-13, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks to My Other Self for the two tickets!