Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Amazon Black Friday Deals

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-12, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon Black Friday Deals

Amazon has released their Movies & TV Lightning Deals for November 19 - November 26:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000845091

Taken (Single-Disc Extended Edition) - $1.99
The Vampire Diaries: S3 - $9.99
Hell On Wheels: The Complete First Season - $11.49/$13.49 BR
True Blood: The Complete Fourth Season - $9.99
The Pillars of the Earth - $13.99
Dark Shadows (DVD + Ultraviolet Digital Copy) - $8.99
Brave (Three-Disc Collector's Edition: Blu-ray / DVD) - $8.99
True Blood: The Complete Fourth SeasonTrue Blood: The Complete Fourth Season - $9.99
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part I (Two-Disc Special Edition) - $8.96
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - $4.99
The Big Bang Theory: S1 - 4 - $7.99 each, S5 - $8.99
Prometheus - $8.99
Moneyball - $4.99
Jeeves & Wooster: The Complete Series - $15.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Three - $9.99
How I Met Your Mother: Season Six - $9.99

Last edited by agitprop; 11-17-12 at 04:22 AM.
Old 11-17-12, 07:18 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts
Re: Amazon Black Friday Deals

Thanks for posting that agitprop. I hope that's not all the DVDs/Blu-rays they're planning on putting on their Black Friday sale, I only see 2 of the ones I want throughout the entire week (otherwise a lame-assed sale as far as I'm concerned). I don't want to stand in line at Best Buy, but if this is all Amazon is going to do, I might as well get ready to go to Walmart/Target (and maybe Kmart) at 8pm on Thursday and be at Best Buy early Friday (because there's no way in hell I'll be there at midnight). -kd5-
Old 11-17-12, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by kd5
Thanks for posting that agitprop. I hope that's not all the DVDs/Blu-rays they're planning on putting on their Black Friday sale, I only see 2 of the ones I want throughout the entire week (otherwise a lame-assed sale as far as I'm concerned). I don't want to stand in line at Best Buy, but if this is all Amazon is going to do, I might as well get ready to go to Walmart/Target (and maybe Kmart) at 8pm on Thursday and be at Best Buy early Friday (because there's no way in hell I'll be there at midnight). -kd5-
These are a select few deals that will only be available for a few hours staggered through the week. They will undoubtedly have a lot more, because they generally match everyone else's Black Friday deals as well, plus have some of their own. The idea is to get you to buy from them at several times over the course of the week (and add a few other items as well).
Old 11-17-12, 11:28 AM

I've looked all over their site and can't find any description of Black Friday music deals (other than mp3). Are they offering any deals on CDs?

Thanks
Old 11-17-12, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by n.phelge
I've looked all over their site and can't find any description of Black Friday music deals (other than mp3). Are they offering any deals on CDs?

Thanks
It is on the bottom page of the link.
Old 11-17-12, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No deals on the blu of the newest season of Mad Men anywhere? My traditional Black Friday purchase! :^(
Old 11-22-12, 03:13 AM

Just so you all know - Amazon is doing it regular price-matching of BestBuy, Target and Wal-Mart deals...

Fringe S4 $10
Breaking Bad S4 $9
Glee: S2 $13
Walking Dead S1 $8
Borgias S1 $10
Justified S2 $10
Burn Notice S5 $12
Nurse Jackie S2 $8
Old 11-22-12, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Glad I did not jump at the $19.99 price, because Community third season is now $9.99.
Old 11-22-12, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

BestBuy.com is currently matching the prices on Big Bang Theory. Free shipping. Have to pay tax, but 2.76 is worth it for to be asleep at 3 in the morning.
Old 11-22-12, 07:34 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Spartacus Season 2
The Walking Dead Season 2
Hatfield & McCoys

all have great prices right now.
Old 11-22-12, 07:46 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by kd5
Stupid of me to say what I did. I got most of the ones I wanted today at Amazon, plus waiting for a Lightning Deal on Saturday.

I wish I'd had some inkling of an idea that Amazon was going to offer up The Walking Dead S2 as a BF deal, I went ahead and bought it when it was on sale for $18.99 because no one ever gave any indication it might be less than that. Now it's $16.96 and I'm royally pissed at myself for buying it when I did (even though it's only $2). I just knew Amazon was going to bump it back up to its regular price...

Wish there was something I could do about that but unfortunately Amazon isn't a B&M store I can just take it back to, then rebuy it at the better price.

Just goes to show that Black Friday "intelligence" isn't foolproof. -kd5-
Old 11-22-12, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like "Captain America" BR + DVD combo is $7.99, and the "Thor" combo is $8.96.
Old 11-22-12, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by kd5
Stupid of me to say what I did. I got most of the ones I wanted today at Amazon, plus waiting for a Lightning Deal on Saturday.

I wish I'd had some inkling of an idea that Amazon was going to offer up The Walking Dead S2 as a BF deal, I went ahead and bought it when it was on sale for $18.99 because no one ever gave any indication it might be less than that. Now it's $16.96 and I'm royally pissed at myself for buying it when I did (even though it's only $2). I just knew Amazon was going to bump it back up to its regular price...

Wish there was something I could do about that but unfortunately Amazon isn't a B&M store I can just take it back to, then rebuy it at the better price.

I did the same as you. Luckily mine hadn't entered the shipping process yet so I canceled it and ordered at the lower price.
Old 11-22-12, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kd5

That's just the nature of the Black Friday beast. Most times you'll grab the best deal, but sometimes things go even lower. I had that happen a few times and I noticed from some of the prices posters put up that it's happened to them too. The problem is when you wait, most times you miss out on the best deal. I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'm money way ahead than if I had bought this stuff a few weeks back.
Old 11-22-12, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizza
That's just the nature of the Black Friday beast. Most times you'll grab the best deal, but sometimes things go even lower. I had that happen a few times and I noticed from some of the prices posters put up that it's happened to them too. The problem is when you wait, most times you miss out on the best deal. I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'm money way ahead than if I had bought this stuff a few weeks back.
I definitely agree. Of course it sucks to pay too much (I'm hating myself for not being able to find my Cabin in the Woods receipt when it showed up for $8 at Target on Sunday), but it's even worse to keep looking at something from your wishlist that you regret not buying when it was at the lowest price that you've ever seen it. Sometimes the prices just never go that low again, or by far the worst, the item goes out of print.

I have a OOP wishlist with over 100 items in it, like the Alias Complete Collection TV DVD set. I always assumed that Amazon would offer it as a Deal of the Day, so I never bought it. I really wanted it then, I want it now, but I hate the idea of paying so much for it now, especially when my experience with marketplace sellers leads me to believe that I'd likely get a reshrinkwrapped and used copy (I only buy New) even if I paid the $100's for one listed as New. Waiting until you're stuck paying full MSRP (or more) is the biggest danger.
Old 11-22-12, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by n.phelge
Originally Posted by n.phelge View Post
Thanks
Originally Posted by bacigalup
It is on the bottom page of the link.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000451311
Old 11-22-12, 11:43 PM

There's a message on Downton Abbey saying:
Big Savings Coming on "Downton Abbey"
Excited about this sweet price? Check back during our big holiday sales for an even more enticing deal when "Downton Abbey" meets our Gold Box Deal of the Day. Also be sure to check out our calendar of Black Friday Week Movies and TV Deals!
But the series isn't listed on the calendar, nor is there a gold box deal date for it, as far as I've seen.
Old 11-23-12, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by kd5

I almost bought this earlier in the week myself, but held off because if I wanted Brave and wanted free shipping for a better deal. Well, I checked this morning, discovered Thor and Captain America were good deals and that they had price matched Walking Dead s.1 so bought those. Went back for Brave and it was sold out (10 minutes after it started! I want to know how many they were offering...) so I canceled my first order and reordered everything plus s2 of Walking Dead. Missed one deal, got the other.

Though I did pick Brave up at Wallmart tonight for 6+change with the coupon DMR is offering!
Old 11-23-12, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by LJG765
Though I did pick Brave up at Wallmart tonight for 6+change with the coupon DMR is offering!
Ditto! That's a sweet deal! There's also a $10 rebate on Brave if you purchase it and 2 boxes of Kellogg's cereal. Here's a link to the thread kenbenobi startet back in October. The link to the coupon pdf is in the first post. I *may* give this a try but don't know if I want to deface the product package for the UPC...
Old 11-23-12, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just picked up RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES dvd for $6.93 .....
Old 11-23-12, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by agitprop
Just so you all know - Amazon is doing it regular price-matching of BestBuy, Target and Wal-Mart deals...

Fringe S4 $10
Breaking Bad S4 $9
Glee: S2 $13
Walking Dead S1 $8
Borgias S1 $10
Justified S2 $10
Burn Notice S5 $12
Nurse Jackie S2 $8
Thanks for posting this. I was tempted to head out to Best Buy for Fringe Season 4. Ordered it on Aamazon instead. Saved the sales tax and gas. Oh and the aggravation of dealing with a mob of idiots.
Old 11-23-12, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by snydar
Thanks for posting this. I was tempted to head out to Best Buy for Fringe Season 4. Ordered it on Aamazon instead. Saved the sales tax and gas. Oh and the aggravation of dealing with a mob of idiots.
Same here. Thanks!
Old 11-23-12, 03:00 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Preterite
Same here. Thanks!
I always use Amazon over the others they really do care about the customer.
Old 11-23-12, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Picked up Bones seasons 1-3 on DVD for $7.99 each

Really good deal. I like the show and that was a price I was cool paying.

The funny thing is I have season 4 on BD, season 5 on DVD, seasons 6 and 7 BD . Not much consistency.
Old 11-25-12, 12:33 AM

Very disappointed that the MPI Sherlock Holmes Blu-ray box set that was advertised for $35 never dropped below $50. I checked numerous times during the slotted time on Saturday.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.