Old 04-29-12, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Good Wife -- Season Finale -- "The Dream Team" -- 4/29/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-01-08

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Michael J. Fox Returns as Louis Canning and Martha Plimpton Returns as Patti Nyholm

"The Dream Team" - Will and Diane scramble when Louis Canning and Patti Nyholm team up to bankrupt the firm. Also, Alicia faces conflicted feelings regarding her relationship with Peter, and Kalinda's past catches up to her, on the third season finale of THE GOOD WIFE, Sunday, April 29 (9:01-10:02 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television. Michael J. Fox returns as Louis Canning and Martha Plimpton returns as Patti Nyholm.

Episode 22 of 22

In case you've been hibernating, this was renewed for a 4th season about a month ago. IMO, this season got off to a slow start, but overall it turned out to be a very good and Emmy worthy season.

FYI, be aware of some possible record conflicts. This episode will start at 9:01pm and is scheduled to end at 10:02pm.

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rY9J0IJBIJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-29-12, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Good Wife -- Season Finale -- "The Dream Team" -- 4/29/12

http://tvline.com/2012/04/29/matthew...fe-nbc-sitcom/

Matthew Perry had a sitcom that got picked up to series by NBC. He said here that he hopes to continue to guest star on The Good Wife and do the sitcom. Sounds feasible to me since his sitcom will probably get cancelled anways.
Old 04-30-12, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Awesome episode! I like the way it closed the season by pulling out practically everything that had happened throughout the year and tying it together.

Was a little unsure why the client was upset about the lawsuit then switched to Canning and Plimpton when they were the ones bringing the suit. Or was it that the client was upset with what was being dredged up in the lawsuit?

So did she eat pizza? I hope not but if I had to bet I'd say she did.

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://tvline.com/2012/04/29/matthew...fe-nbc-sitcom/

Matthew Perry had a sitcom that got picked up to series by NBC. He said here that he hopes to continue to guest star on The Good Wife and do the sitcom. Sounds feasible to me since his sitcom will probably get cancelled anways.
I wouldn't miss him because he's a complete douche in this series
Old 04-30-12, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk God

^^ Agree awesome episode. I agree with David's assessment, this episode seemed to tie everything that was explored this season together. It was a little more low key compared to the previous 2 finales, but there was alot of cool stuff in it.

I'm going to guess that Kalinda stole something from her husband (money?). I read that Robert and Michelle King, the creators, wanted to introduce him this season, but ran out of time. Supposedly he will be introduced next season. It's going to be really interesting to see who they cast. The guy's voice gave me the creeps.

at Kalinda saying she's "flexible" instead of bi-sexual.

and I loved the return of Canning and Nyholm. They were fricking ruthless with Diane and Will. I know Plimpton is on Raising Hope and probably won't be available as much, but health permitting, I hope Michael J. Fox continues to recur on the show.

I think in the end, Alicia was a little torn. In the elevator, when she had that brief conversation with Will, she said she didn't regret their little fling. Now she's seeing that Peter is making an attempt to be good and that her family is having some sense of normalcy again.

This continues to be one of the smartest shows on TV.
Old 04-30-12, 07:29 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

I'm going to guess that Kalinda stole something from her husband (money?). I read that Robert and Michelle King, the creators, wanted to introduce him this season, but ran out of time. Supposedly he will be introduced next season. It's going to be really interesting to see who they cast. The guy's voice gave me the creeps.
He sounded like the guy from Scream on the phone.

Agree.
Old 04-30-12, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Will and Peter in the elevator, then Cary comes by

Chris Noth was pretty great in this episode. Actually he's great in the series--I'm pretty sure I'd vote for him. But then the whole cast kills.

Those phone calls were chilling

and I loved the return of Canning and Nyholm. They were fricking ruthless with Diane and Will. I know Plimpton is on Raising Hope and probably won't be available as much, but health permitting, I hope Michael J. Fox continues to recur on the show.
Canning we know has a soft spot for Alicia, even though he's a gadfly to her, so for them to out and out say "we're getting paid a lot of money to destroy you" was really a punch in the gut.

I've always been a Fox fan, and my father-in-law had Parkinson's so I admire what he's doing.

More people should watch it! I hate to see my TV-fan friends rattle off the list of shows they're watching and they don't include it.
Old 04-30-12, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
More people should watch it! I hate to see my TV-fan friends rattle off the list of shows they're watching and they don't include it.
The scheduling conflicts really threw me this season. There are several episodes here and there that I didn't watch because of football or other special events airing on Sunday nights. I remember one night the show didn't air until 45 minutes after the hour, and I just deleted it. I hope they change the airing to a different night next season, because if it returns to Sunday, last night's episode was a great stopping point for me.
Old 04-30-12, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Kalinda is so effective at all she does that I am thinking one-episode-guest-star.
Old 05-17-12, 07:55 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mraw
The scheduling conflicts really threw me this season. There are several episodes here and there that I didn't watch because of football or other special events airing on Sunday nights. I remember one night the show didn't air until 45 minutes after the hour, and I just deleted it. I hope they change the airing to a different night next season, because if it returns to Sunday, last night's episode was a great stopping point for me.
I agree. I missed an episode or two mid season because of Football running longer and pushing everything back. Even with padding my DVR it still wasn't enough. According to the CBS schedule, its still on Sunday at 9pm. I missed the entire season this year of Amazing Race because of Football.. I honestly wish they would push Football back an hour or stop showing the entirety of 60 minutes and just join that in progress and start the primetime shows on time at 8pm.
Old 05-17-12, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i watch amazing race so I pad 2 hours onto the good wife...

i do wish they switched it to tuesdays, oh well...