Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Robin Hood - The BBC Series

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-11, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robin Hood - The BBC Series

Did anyone ever see this? Fans? Care to discuss? I remember when it was first going to air I got rid of digital cable and never saw it. I always wanted to see it and blind buy it. But I forgot. I was at the Library a few months ago (hadnt been in years, decided to start reading again) and stumbled on the series again.

Season 1 - Took me 3 episodes to realize goddamn am I glad I didnt buy this. The Sheriff is one of the worst characters I had ever seen on tv. But I dug everything else and shit, Marion was cute. The rest of the cast I liked and loved that the dude playing Gisborne is gonna be the lead in The Hobbit. Watch on!

Season 2 - Toned back the Sheriff and started getting a little deeper and smarter. Dug the Alan character in it was cool to turn him bad. Shocked at the finale and had no idea where they were going to go next!

Season 3 - This is what the show should have been from the get go! A pissed off Robin, a lost Guy and a soon to be dead Sheriff, I cheered on that. Stories got deeper and alot of characters history comes out. Than came the finale... best finale I have EVER seen to a show. It got to me so much I decided to do this thread while watching the bonus features. I think I may just buy the series cause it was so great.

So, sure the show is a bit on the Hercules/Xena side at first but if youve never seen this show go see it. It gets better and deeper. Just all out awesome.
Old 09-30-11, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: Robin Hood - The BBC Series

I didn't read your full review/overview. I watched series 1, and part of series 2. However, I read what I thought was a spoiler for the end of series 2 (pretty sure I've confirmed it through S3 box art ) so that took some momentum out of finishing things off.

I felt things picked up at the end of series 1 and they started to get a bit more meaty with the characters and relationships. Otherwise some of the characters were cliches and annoying.

Without spoilers, what is your assessment of series 2 and series 3? If you didn't spoiler above, I'll go back and read what you wrote in full.
Old 09-30-11, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well since you asked nicely, sure!

Season two was a lot like season 1 story wise with the twist of one of the Merry Men going to the dark side. Its not really a spoiler cuz it happens in the first ep so it has that carrying it. Everyone seems to be a bit more ruthless and darker.

Season 3 is driven by the end of season 2 and its really miles beyond the first 2. The writing got smarter and it had a greater goal as opposed to the story of the week junk the first 1.5 seasons. Really, the show should be seen.
Old 10-01-11, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I stopped watching during the first episode of season 3.

Maybe I should go back and finally finish it.