Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

Ya'll see the "new" DC Comics APP for iphone and ipad?

Community
Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-10, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Link here

I guess it's been out for a while but I don't come in the Comics Thread that much. Those of us who have DROIDS are bombarding DC's Facebook post about this new app.

Shit it looks cool.
Old 11-03-10, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
Re: Ya'll see the "new" DC Comics APP for iphone and ipad?

It's been out for a while, and is pretty much just a branded Comixology (you even need an account with them). The cool thing about it is that they have some recent issues, like Justice League: Generation Lost (though they don't have everything, and are missing things like Brightest Day). The bad news is that it's basically cover price, and at least last I checked there was no discount for buying multiple issues (like a trade). I've downloaded a few of the free titles but have yet to buy anything, same with the Marvel app.
Old 11-03-10, 12:38 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like the same thing as the Marvel app. I use Comic Zeal 4 for my comic reading and it's served me faithfully.
Old 02-05-11, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

I have five comics apps on my Touch and they all seem like branded Comixologies except the Archie one. I haven't bought anything either but downloaded a bunch of free stuff. Unfortunately I went to an event without wifi yesterday and figured I could catch up on some stuff (my battery was low so games and movies were out) like the Irreedemable preview. All the stuff in the Comixology and Boom apps had been deleted, though, presumably because I had run out of space, even though I regularly boost my comics storage space. I did have some DC and Marvel still on there so I found stuff to read (in one, Peter Parker meets Mayor Bloomberg, who talks his ear off about job assistance that the city provides to New Yorkers--ugh), but when I got home I really jacked up the storage space and redownloaded stuff. One issue was the Astounding Wolf-Man, which interested me enough to buy the trade so I think the free issue served its purpose.
Old 02-07-11, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Comixology had an update a month or so back that deleted all of your content... they apologized on the upgrade page, but I haven't gone back and redownloaded any of the free issues I had.
Old 02-08-11, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Comixology had an update a month or so back that deleted all of your content... they apologized on the upgrade page, but I haven't gone back and redownloaded any of the free issues I had.
Missed that, thanks!