Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

SecondSpin.com - Buy 5 - get 30% Off

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-09, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SecondSpin.com - Buy 5 - get 30% Off

Wow, SS and wherehouse.com must be having some recession pains. Never seen them do a 30% off before.

Apparently, this includes all new and used dvds, cds, and games! You just have to buy 5 items. For those who don't want to spend that much money, u could search and get some crappy 1 dollar cds to qualify the coupon.

Coupon code is 5DVDTHIRTY
Old 07-31-09, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: SecondSpin.com - Buy 5 - get 30% Off

No new items are included. It's 30% off for Second Spin (no free shipping). 25% off for Wherehouse (free shipping). There are pros and cons. I may place an order. I may not...

Anyway, we already have a few threads on this but thanks for posting. No one else specifically made a topic for the Second Spin sale to my knowledge.
Old 07-31-09, 01:45 PM

I'm confused. Your post references wherehouse.com and "new and used" items. However, the code doesn't work (for me) at wherehouse.com and secondspin.com doesn't sell new items AFAIK.

????

EDIT: I guess GenPion explained it before I submitted my post.
Old 07-31-09, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What, NO "Free International Shipping"...?! What are they thinking? When do they learn?

If SecondSpin want serious business they have better offer Free International Shipping. All us from Europe - and we have money to spend regardless of the recession - wonŽt be ordering anything this time around.
Old 07-31-09, 03:54 PM

So...is it confirmed NO NEW ITEMS?
Old 07-31-09, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dane
What, NO "Free International Shipping"...?! What are they thinking? When do they learn?
I would second that opinion
Old 07-31-09, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moviewizguy
So...is it confirmed NO NEW ITEMS?
Yes. One look at the SecondSpin site would make that crystal clear. They don't even sell new items.
Old 08-01-09, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
Yes. One look at the SecondSpin site would make that crystal clear. They don't even sell new items.
Oh, yes...right. Well, I was just testing you.
Old 08-01-09, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dane

If SecondSpin want serious business they have better offer Free International Shipping. All us from Europe - and we have money to spend regardless of the recession - wonŽt be ordering anything this time around.
You know, for someone who's been around as long as you have, one would think you'd know that they have a different sale every damn week. 30%-off codes are incredibly rare, and you want them to have free international shipping, as well? (And I notice you were very careful to complain about international shipping; what about domestic?)

Sometimes the demands and expectations of the people on this forum really depress me. This is one of those times. You just can't be satisfied with the fairly regular 20%-off with free domestic and international shipping. I don't live in the U.S. either, but instead of bitching and moaning when I can't get free shipping, I choose to express my gratitude when I can. I guess what I'm saying is: grow the hell up.

EDIT: After I finished writing that, I realized: International orders don't pay sales tax, either. So most people in the U.S. who order at 20%-off or 25%-off or whatever, have to pay 5, 7, or even 9% sales tax on the final price! Another reason the international customers' complaints are ridiculous!

Last edited by Cheato; 08-01-09 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-01-09, 09:02 PM

By the way it says as long as you buy 5 DVD's. That means you can't put a CD in there for filler.
Old 08-02-09, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cheato
You know, for someone who's been around as long as you have, one would think you'd know that they have a different sale every damn week. 30%-off codes are incredibly rare, and you want them to have free international shipping, as well? (And I notice you were very careful to complain about international shipping; what about domestic?)

Sometimes the demands and expectations of the people on this forum really depress me. This is one of those times. You just can't be satisfied with the fairly regular 20%-off with free domestic and international shipping. I don't live in the U.S. either, but instead of bitching and moaning when I can't get free shipping, I choose to express my gratitude when I can. I guess what I'm saying is: grow the hell up.

EDIT: After I finished writing that, I realized: International orders don't pay sales tax, either. So most people in the U.S. who order at 20%-off or 25%-off or whatever, have to pay 5, 7, or even 9% sales tax on the final price! Another reason the international customers' complaints are ridiculous!
Happy to have someone like you to tell me how spoiled I am. Guess, IŽll just settle for the "heynow" offer whenever it works.