Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Sharp Aquos blu-ray player issue.

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-09, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently got this player, and I've noticed that no matter what I do with the audio settings, the audio and video are unsynchronized. Sometimes it's barely noticeable, sometimes it's like watching a Japanese Godzilla movie!

Anyone else ever encounter this problem? Know how to deal with it? It happens with SDs and BDs.
Old 01-26-09, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sharp Aquos blu-ray player issue.

It sounds like you are sending the video to a display and the audio to a separate amplifier.

The point of this is most new type AV Theater receivers have a HDMI input for both Video and Audio and control this delay, as both the audio and video are synchronized together at the receiver.

If you are using a outboard Amp without video switching this delay can be made better by selecting the dot by dot mode if the display has this as the video processing is the delay or go into the display and out if the display has a digital in and out with the audio or upgrade the AV receiver with a unit that has both audio and video input / output.

The other point to check, see if your amp has a adjustable digtal delay function in its setup menu

I hope this helps explain why
Old 01-26-09, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 920 Likes on 653 Posts

Interesting. I've noticed something similar with my setup lately. I have a Sharp Aquos myself and I just added a Sony soundbar/sub to the setup. I don't think it's been as bad as a Godzilla movie though, but it is noticeable.

I have my PS3, Tivo & DVD player all running to the receiver/sub and are having the same problem.

I'll have to check what lcddcl suggested.
Old 01-26-09, 10:16 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Any chance you could return the Sharp player for something else? They are known to now be the best players around.
Old 01-29-09, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 920 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by lcddcl2001
It sounds like you are sending the video to a display and the audio to a separate amplifier.

The point of this is most new type AV Theater receivers have a HDMI input for both Video and Audio and control this delay, as both the audio and video are synchronized together at the receiver.

If you are using a outboard Amp without video switching this delay can be made better by selecting the dot by dot mode if the display has this as the video processing is the delay or go into the display and out if the display has a digital in and out with the audio or upgrade the AV receiver with a unit that has both audio and video input / output.

The other point to check, see if your amp has a adjustable digtal delay function in its setup menu

I hope this helps explain why
I tried Dot-to-Dot on the TV and it didn't change much. I did find an A/V Sync option on my receiver. I haven't watched enough to tell a difference yet though.
Old 01-29-09, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Any chance you could return the Sharp player for something else? They are known to now be the best players around.
Old 01-29-09, 12:42 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Vipper II
Oops!

They are known to not be the best players around.
Old 01-29-09, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Oops!

They are known to not be the best players around.
Gotta love how one measly letter can make such a gigantic difference.