Search this Thread

Old 08-31-08, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
One Tree Hill--Season Premiere--"Touch Me I'm going to Scream"--9/1/08

One Tree Hill

Synopsis:
Spoiler:

In Part 1 of the two-part sixth-season opener, Lucas' chosen lady meets him at the airport, while Dan's accident proves life-threatening. Elsewhere, Nathan's comeback hits a bump; Mouth and Millicent consider leaving town; and Brooke and her mother clash over Brooke's company once again.

Old 08-31-08, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk God

I read that Barbara Alyn Woods will be a guest star in the premiere. I think there is still some life left with her and Skillz.
Old 08-31-08, 11:37 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Spoilers are available all over the net for the first six or seven episodes of OTH...looks like its going to be a great season!
Old 09-01-08, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Can't wait for this one as well. Since the last season finale I've caught up with the whole series, purposefully finishing season 5 this morning. Its bound to be good.
Old 09-01-08, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
They better bring back Rachel this season.

I read that Barbara Alyn Woods will be a guest star in the premiere. I think there is still some life left with her and Skillz.
That was one of the few highlights of a lackluster S5.
Old 09-01-08, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts
I wonder how Mouth and Millicent will work into the show now if he's gone in Omaha. Who knows, this was actually really good tonight. The whole Nanny Carrie with Dan plot of the show was pretty sick and twisted. I think the second half of last season maybe was just rushed and not as good due to the writers strike.
Old 09-01-08, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good to see nanny Carrie back in action. She's like the antithesis of Kathy Bates. All in all a solid opening episode. I was really caught at the opening and though Luke picked Brooke. I was all wtf! The ending was a little dark for OTH but oh well.

And yes, I too would like to be added to the please bring back Danneel Harris list.
Old 09-02-08, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Oh brother, Psycho Nurse Carrie. This is almost as bad as that psycho dude going after Peyton a few seasons ago. At least Carrie looks great in a nurse's uniform.

This episode just continued most of the lameness of S5.

At least they brought back Brooke's mom. Hopefully, that means they aren't going down the Brooke-wants-baby nonsense road again.

I have no idea what they are doing with Mouth and Millicent.
Old 09-02-08, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow what an F'ed up episode. Pscyo Carrie is back and has really lost it. I do like how she kept the nurse uniform on even after her "cover" was blown.

Brooked getting attacked was also pretty dark. According to next week's previews,
Spoiler:
she gets roughed up pretty good

Love the Deb and Skillz storyline. Should be fun when it all blows up.

Hopefully we can move on from the Lucas-Peyton storyline.

I enjoyed the show. Lots of fun. Glad it's back.
Old 09-02-08, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Psycho Nanny's return was a surprise. I thought for sure her storyline was done last year. Props to the producers for keeping her name out of the opening credits.

The rest of the episode was about on par with last season, which means it was not very good. I don't really see how they can do much more with this show. These characters were played out years ago.
Old 09-02-08, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is it just me or are Mouth & Skillz becoming more intersting than some of the main characters?
Old 09-02-08, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk God

It's not just you.
Old 09-02-08, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk God

You know it was a dark episode, but I enjoyed it.

Even though it seems too good to be true, I'm glad to see Lucas and Peyton finally together. Been a fan of theirs since season 1 when they hooked up behind Brooke's back. I can see how this storyline may get annoying for those who don't like long and drawn out love triangles, but I don't care. I enjoy them.

Even though Mouth and Millie appear to be gone, I think they will make their way back to Tree Hill at some point. I bet the job in Omaha will turn out to be a bust.

Skills and Deb were very entertaining. I loved Skills telling Deb about how he will tell Nathan that he's dating his Mom, sleeping with her and doing Freaky things to her. Very amusing scene.

Brooke getting attacked kind of came out of Left Field. Very unexpected way to end the episode. It's probably going to once again lead to the postponement of Luke and Peyton's eminent wedding.

Daphine Zuniga was pretty damn good as the Queen Biotch.

I don't think they gave Bethany Joy anything to do this episode. Hailey just came in and out of scenes and didn't really add anything to the episode. She's actually my favorite actress among all the female characters.

One complaint, I didn't really like Nanny Carrie being brought back. The whole Psycho thing was getting really old and I was hoping that her character was written out for good. Seems like Mark Schwahn was a big Misery fan or something to rip that off for this episode.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-02-08 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-02-08, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

3.1 Million Viewers. Not Bad
Old 09-02-08, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

P. Sawyer is looking hotter by the day.
Old 09-03-08, 07:51 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I instantly thought Brooke's attacker was hired by her mother to get Brooke's designs.

Now i'm not so sure

Anyone else think psycho Nanny carrie would be the hottest sex ever ? you would literally be scared for your life whilst doing her
Old 09-04-08, 12:37 AM

I don't know what it says about me, but a beaten and bloodied Sophia Bush is about 10 times more hot as a non-beaten version of herself.
Old 09-05-08, 08:42 PM

You think the attacker at the end was in league with the girl who tried to steal clothes earlier in the episode?
Old 09-05-08, 09:04 PM

It's probably her mother.

They need to bring Rachel back.. and Bevin. In a lesbian relationship. Mmm.. the possibilities.
Old 09-06-08, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Tonally the season premiere was all over the map. You got love-sick Lucas and Peyton finally making a go of it. Nathan's got a serious need for Doan's pills. Dan and Carrie make for a nice dysfunctional couple. Skillz and Deb are hilarious together. Mouth and Millie get the boot (not sure if it's for good). A one-note dynamic between Brooke and her bitchmom. At least Haley and the kid are dancing their troubles away.

The writers appear to be wanting to go out in a blazy of infamy for this season. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us, but I gather it'll be dark and nasty.