Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Official 2008 Big Brother After Dark Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-08, 11:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Official 2008 Big Brother After Dark Thread

Please keep all BBAD related information in this thread and out of the Official Big Brother 10 2008 Thread.

Only watched the first 15 minutes of so, but as soon as the Showtime feed came on they all started running around the yard and the house like lunatics. I guess they wanted to give us a special hello for their first live show.

It's still too early to have any impressions of the houseguests, except for Renny of course.

Chris
Old 07-13-08, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I'll be DVRing every show. I don't think I can get around to watching 21 weekly hours of after dark.

So if anyone notices any nudity, fighting, or anything else worthwhile, please point it out here so I can go back and look for it.

Last edited by Icon769; 07-13-08 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-14-08, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It looks like they're using big green plastic knives for cooking. The producers (or their insurance company) suddenly want to avoid having really sharp objects in the house?
Old 07-14-08, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
It appears that the Jerry/Brian X alliance didn't last long b/c Brian is on the block.

I'm disappointed they are sticking with the same schedule as BB9. When they have the veto ceremony on Sunday it makes watching the nomination show on Sunday night really pointless. It was much better when they held that on Monday.
Old 07-14-08, 09:13 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I watched a few minutes of this just to see what it is like. Why so many commericials? I pay EXTRA for Showtime, this should be ad free.
Old 07-14-08, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
I watched a few minutes of this just to see what it is like. Why so many commericials? I pay EXTRA for Showtime, this should be ad free.
The first season wasn't so bad, but last season and this season you get around 2 mins of commercials every 20 minutes.

That's the price of success. Viewership is pretty good, so they are taking advantage of it.

Since I dvr this, I usually ff thru it. It would be nice if the commercials were different, but it is usually the same block of commercials over and over again.

Chris
Old 07-14-08, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, who knew Ollie would have some game. According to the livefeeds:
Spoiler:
He's been macking on April, and getting into a tight alliance with Libra, but she's isn't endearing herself to some of the guys with her big mouth and gossiping. She already let out Stephen's gayness to April when Libra promised to wait until Stephen could reveal his situation first-hand to the others.
Old 07-16-08, 06:12 PM

I still have a little of AD to watch from last night, but boy that last hour was pretty intense.

April and Keesha almost got into a fist fight. If it wasn't for the guys holding them apart, they would most certainly have been kicked off the show.

This season is already shaping up to be much better than this last winterl season and we shall see where it ranks compared to last summers Evel Dick season.

Chris
Old 07-19-08, 08:16 AM
Banned

Is the AD feed that boring? This thing fell off the first page.
Old 07-19-08, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by matta
Is the AD feed that boring? This thing fell off the first page.
Not much has happened since the big fight between Keesha & April the other night. I think it will pick up pretty soon though. Loyalties seem to be changing every day.

Chris
Old 07-20-08, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, Ollie and April did have sex last night, but I guess after BB9 that's hardly news anymore.
Old 07-21-08, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Well, Ollie and April did have sex last night, but I guess after BB9 that's hardly news anymore.
Wait, what?
Old 07-21-08, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Thrush
Wait, what?
Yeah, they were on the couch in the room with the sauna talking to Michelle and then Jerry. Jerry finished up one of his long Jerry talks and then as soon as he left they pulled the blanket over themselves and had sex.
Old 07-21-08, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Yeah, they were on the couch in the room with the sauna talking to Michelle and then Jerry. Jerry finished up one of his long Jerry talks and then as soon as he left they pulled the blanket over themselves and had sex.
I guess they found Jerry to be very stimulating.
Old 07-21-08, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I tried watching BBAD but I just can't get into it. At best I can put it on while I am washing dishes or something, but it justs seems too boring to me. That and the fact that it is on 3 hours every night, I am finding I just delete them unwatched off my DVR. How do you guys keep up with it?
Old 07-21-08, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I tried watching BBAD but I just can't get into it. At best I can put it on while I am washing dishes or something, but it justs seems too boring to me. That and the fact that it is on 3 hours every night, I am finding I just delete them unwatched off my DVR. How do you guys keep up with it?
I just fast forward thru it. When I see a group of them laughing or punching each other, then I know to stop and watch.

So far it has been pretty slow, but I think that will change in the next couple of weeks. I guess when I go to the live show this Wednesday, I will be seeing Stephen being voted off.

He actually seems to be a pretty cool guy and not like the stereotypical 'gay man' that we have seen in the past. I just can't stand people (male or female) that get overly dramatic about things that really don't matter in life. This is just a game and that is all it is.

That is why Angie is my favorite up to this point. She's just coasting along, kinda mellow. not breaking down all the time (well except for that time that other night)

Chris
Old 07-21-08, 05:16 PM

I usually have it play while I'm tidying up or cooking. Otherwise, I slow down when it looks like two people are talking. I fast-farward April, Sagittarius, Michelle, etc.
Old 08-02-08, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok...so Jessie is still a gigantic douche, but is it wrong for me to like him more after tonight.

I'll say this for him...he didn't really lose it at all while the bitch trio (specifically Libra and Keesha...who I dislike more and MORE everyday) went hard at him.

I wonder when or if his edit will start to get better. He was Dan's choice to nominate last night.
Old 08-02-08, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts
Well, Jesse is playing the classic head-game, -he's playing the "Edde Haskell" role from "Leave It To Beaver" of coming off as the calm-voiced innocent in the face of all the yelling. He's transparent as hell but when you're upset or in the think of things its hard to think rationally and deal with it. Some of tem see it while others are playing into his trap. The problem is that Jessie gets off on the fact he's playing them (and he really wants the applause while its going on), so he keeps pushing it. Memphis is smarter and sort of stirs things up and backs off,

Keesha tends to react emotionally rather tha rationally to just about everything. Libra is smart enough to see through Jesse and has told him so. I really don't have that much of a problem with her. Jesse remains a self-involved DB and just needs adulation too much for me to give it to him.
Old 08-02-08, 10:06 AM

So as of right now who is the one they are planning on voting out?
Old 08-02-08, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by magiccmom
So as of right now who is the one they are planning on voting out?
Well, Jerry won veto, and he dislikes both Memphis and Jessie so no one is coming off the block.

When April made the noms the target was supposed to be Memphis. As of right now I would guess Jessie b/c he won't be able to keep his mouth shut. Plus, if those are the noms, Dan will be definitely be voting for Jessie to leave.
Old 08-02-08, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The power group reminds me so much of the original nerd herd. Except without any personality.

The show started off with promise, but it's gotten dull and with the people left, it could get worse.

They seem, again like the nerd herd, like they'll just stick it out together and let the best "man" stand at the end. No scheming or alliance shifting. At least that's what I'm seeing.

I thought Keesha was someone to root for until she got rid of the best person in a BB cast in a very long time because of stupidity and jealousy.

Really, who else in there is left that you REALLY like? Maybe Dan and Michelle is better than expected, but that's it. April, Ollie, Libra, Keesha, Jerry, Renny, Jessie, Memphis (meh), etc...yikes!
Old 08-02-08, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
The power group reminds me so much of the original nerd herd. Except without any personality.

The show started off with promise, but it's gotten dull and with the people left, it could get worse.

They seem, again like the nerd herd, like they'll just stick it out together and let the best "man" stand at the end. No scheming or alliance shifting. At least that's what I'm seeing.

I thought Keesha was someone to root for until she got rid of the best person in a BB cast in a very long time because of stupidity and jealousy.

Really, who else in there is left that you REALLY like? Maybe Dan and Michelle is better than expected, but that's it. April, Ollie, Libra, Keesha, Jerry, Renny, Jessie, Memphis (meh), etc...yikes!
The nerd herd is an accurate comparison, but I don't see a "Maggie" in this group to hold them together. They are going to turn on each other fast. If the veto competition had gone another way I wouldn't have been stunned to see Keesha on the block this week. Completely and totally trashing April last night with Ollie in the room probably wasn't her best move of the game. The bigger problem is that there is very little opposing group left. They've already elminated two people I really liked in Angie and Steven (and Brian wasn't bad either...at least he was funny).

As for who to like, as of right now I like Dan, and I think Memphis is basically a good guy, though he isn't as much fun since Angie left. As for the rest, Renny's ok, and I could easily live with Ollie winning.
Old 08-10-08, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So the houseguest got alcohol last night (probably for the last time) and all the women (sans Renny) went bat shit crazy. Though to be fair I don't think Libra had that much to drink.

The results...

I think April and Ollie probably buy Libra's explanation of what happened last far more than Keesha's (which is fair b/c Libra was basically telling the truth, and Keesha was lying her ass off.)

Michelle apparently really, really hates pillows. She also likes to scream/argue even when there was no one in the room to scream/argue with.

After Keesha's drunken meltdown in the backyard, Memphis and Jerry had no choice but to talk to each other. There was also the fun moment where Keesha/April made up and hugged and then "unmade up" in the span of about 45 minutes.

And who can ever forget Dan hiding the shower....

As of right now Libra is still leaving b/c she just doesn't have the votes. And she's truly earned her fate anyway. Keesha despite ALL of her BS is still surprisingly in a good spot. She has a lot of the HGs snowed into thinking she's a different person than she really is. I think only April (and maybe Ollie) would put her on the block at the moment, but I still don't see who you put her against to get her out. I can't stand her, but I give her credit for playing a good game.
Old 08-10-08, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts
The Saturday night fight was fascinating. Libra has an advantage in that she can keep her emotions somewhat in check compared to Keesha; Keesha just has no control at all and just says whatever pops into her head, which is even worse when se's had a little to drink. Libra was doing her fair share of lying, -she just presents it in a more convincing way. Libra says that the vote against Jesse was all set up and she was the last to hear of it and she just went along for the ride. Dan was the last vote and nobody was sure about him. Dan could clear up a lot of things, but not without tipping his hand to the America's Player thing, which everyone strongly suspects him of.

Watching last night's events I couldn't help but think Keesha is thoroughly screwed. Still, Michelle still believes Libra is "the puppetmaster". Its funny, but the way I saw it was that Libra was selling her story to Michelle and she was pretty much buying it ...and then less than an hour later Michelle was braying around the house and Libra was back at the top of her hit list.

Here's what I don't get, -I thought that Jesse and Memphis were just pretending to have seen the message on the banner, and that it was about Libra. Michelle keeps saying she actually saw the banner (reading it backwards) and that it was from her brother Steven and he said Libra was lying. She truly believes this.

Edit: Michelle keeps canging the banner story slightly, -tonight she's telling Keesha and Renny that her brother couldn't afford the banner, -that it must have been Houseguest Steven.

This house just gets nuttier. Libra is still the target this week, but Michelle is really gunning for Dan. In her version, not only is he America's Player, but she believes Libra might be working in concert with him. Dan had said he was supposed to be on the show with his girlfriend Monica last season instead of Ryan and Jen, but Monica backed out. Michelle thinks he meant this current season and that's a big part of her reasoning.

Last edited by DWilson; 08-11-08 at 12:13 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.