Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Tell No One" (Ne Le Dis A Personne) only £4.98 at Amazon.uk!!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-08, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

The movie just opened in the U.S. And I loved it so much, I bought the R2 DVD at amazon.co.uk. And they just dropped the price to £4.98 (brand new!). I know the film has a limited U.S. release. So anyone who has an all regional player, I highly recommend this. And I'm not a plant, just a fan.
Old 08-31-08, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How are the subtitles on this? Can you turn them on and off? Are they easy to read on bright colored backgrounds?
Old 08-31-08, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dablueguy
How are the subtitles on this? Can you turn them on and off? Are they easy to read on bright colored backgrounds?

Not sure if you can turn them off. I'll check. But you can easily read them throughout the film.
Old 09-01-08, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Not sure if you can turn them off. I'll check. But you can easily read them throughout the film.
Thanks! Went ahead and ordered.
Old 09-01-08, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It appears that the R2UK 2-Disc is the best apart from the French DVD release, which does not have subtitles. INFO below taken from Amazon.co.ok Custormer Reviews:

1)
The english subtitles are always on.

2)
The two-disc DVD offers a good selection of extras: 20 deleted scenes (but not with the optional commentary listed on the French DVD), a 55-minute making of documentary, out-takes, brief soundbite interviews with Guillaume Canet and Kristin Scott Thomas, UK trailer, the last takes of the various key players on the film and, as an Easter Egg, hair and makeup tests and snippets of random onset footage totalling some 8 minutes. You'll have to be patient if you want to see the latter since they can only be accessed after leaving the main menu on disc two playing for a couple of minutes, after which a message will appear on the in-tray above the Play All option. There's also an earlier short film directed by Canet, I Can't Sleep as well.

Last edited by Dane; 09-01-08 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-01-08, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dane, just wanted to note that I own the French 2-disc release and it does have English subtitles.
Old 09-01-08, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks! Went ahead and ordered.
Fantastic! Have you seen it yet? Or is this a blind buy for you?

You know, I was pretty stunned this didn't win best picture at the Caesar. So I went to IMDB to see what it lost to. "Lady Chatterly" (!!). Which was mediocre at best IMO.
Old 09-02-08, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Fantastic! Have you seen it yet? Or is this a blind buy for you?

You know, I was pretty stunned this didn't win best picture at the Caesar. So I went to IMDB to see what it lost to. "Lady Chatterly" (!!). Which was mediocre at best IMO.
Haven't seen it yet but read a review of it in the newspaper so I was surprised to see your post. I'm glad I did though as it had slipped my mind to keep a watch for it on domestic DVD release.
Old 05-13-09, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: "Tell No One" (Ne Le Dis A Personne) only £4.98 at Amazon.uk!!

Um... what happened to the 2-disc? I ordered this from the UK, and when I received it, it was a barebones release with 1 disc. Is the 2-disc out of print? amazon doesnt have a listing for it.
Old 05-13-09, 09:02 AM
Banned

^Same thing happened to me about a month ago. I was pissed when I found out there were NO extras on the disk. It was only $5 so I guess I cant complain too much but if I knew here were no extras I never would have ordered it.
Old 05-13-09, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

The Blu-Ray has a documentary about the making of the movie. The movie itself is very good and I enjoyed it.
Old 05-13-09, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by manicsounds
Um... what happened to the 2-disc? I ordered this from the UK, and when I received it, it was a barebones release with 1 disc. Is the 2-disc out of print? amazon doesnt have a listing for it.
same thing happened to me LAST year, when the title on the page clearly said "2 disc". I complain to Amazon-UK about this, and if I remember correctly, they replied that they could give me refund if the DVD was returned back to them. I decided keep it instead.