Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tversity problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-08, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tversity problem

I have a PS3 and a wireless internet connection I have downloaded Tversity in hopes of streaming music files from the computer to the PS3, I see the files on the PS3 but when I try to open them it tells me that it is unable to open files and they may have been deleted, what did I do wrong? I clicked on allow sharing for these files on Windows XP, can anyone help please?
Old 08-04-08, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm tversity on my PS3 and 360 without any problems. Try refreshing your library on the PC side.
Old 08-04-08, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I know you selected allow media in XP, but make sure that the TVersity Media Server and MediaServer.exe are entered as exceptions in your firewall settings. Outside of rebuilding your library I can't think of anything else.
Old 08-04-08, 12:56 PM

Try googling for "tversity optimize ps3". Within the first couple of links you'll find the guide I used that made everything work like a charm for me when I first started using tversity. I'd post the link myself, but my workplace blocks just about everything fun but dvdtalk...

Good Luck!
Old 08-04-08, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The real problem I am having with tversity is the number of folders. I'd really like to be able to trim the folders down to just the basics. Can these be edited in a settings file?
Old 08-04-08, 05:46 PM

Sandman thanks for your help, I did some snooping around and now I am able to see pics and videos on my PS3 but no audio files, it says file type not supported, they are WMA files, do I need to convert them or anything else?
Old 08-05-08, 06:51 AM

Deja vu all over again....I had the same problem! If I remember correctly, I had to enable WMA support on the PS3. Dig around the System Settings on the XMB and you'll probably find it there.
Old 08-05-08, 07:53 PM

I have already done the enable thing, I downloaded a CCCP program that was recommended and still no luck, I found something that said if the files are copy right protected they cannot be played, I downloaded these music files off the MSN Sympatico site could that be the problem?