Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD returns? do they have to be still shrink wrapped?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will DDD accept returns if they're opened, or will they only take back sealed media?
Old 12-08-07, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The DDD return policy says:
---
Proper Conditions for Return and Credit

Returned merchandise must be in new condition with its original packing and accessories intact or it may be subject to a restocking fee.
---

Well mine has neither shrink wrap nor the ads placed in discs for 'other titles' though I wouldn't mind paying re-strocking fees on each one. Does anyone know if DDD will take them back for a refund? I e-mailed them already we'll see what they say
Old 12-08-07, 10:59 AM

Depens on the reason you want to return it/them.

It can't have the shrinkwrap on it if the reason is the disc is damaged (scratched, cracked,...). You wouldn't know that unless you opened it.

But if it's because you changed your mind or whatever then I wouldn't take it back if it were opened.

Just my 2 cents.

James
Old 12-08-07, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
In short, DDD is not a rental outfit. They deal in new stuff, so if you opened it, you own it (with the exception of damaged goods, then it's an even exchange, but they won't refund a return of the replacement, even if it's now unopened, again, they aren't in the rental business). Time to ebay it, or trade it in locally (like Movie Stop, etc).
Old 12-15-07, 04:23 AM

my problem is that during the last sale their site was incredibly slow and bogged down and every dvd was incorrectly listed as fullscreen even if they were widescreen.

apparently i purchased a pumkinhead dvd and a scooby-doo 1/2 double feature dvd which really were fullscreen! i only realized this after unwrapping them and putting the discs in my player.

it never even occured to me to check the back of cases first as i would not order them in fullscreen ever. if the site wasn't so slow and kept timing out constantly i would have checked the deatils for each and every dvd release before ordering.

anyway, now i am stuck with 2 opened dvds that i will never watch. i guess i could try to sell them, but i have never really gotten into selling stuff online before and they would have to be sold as used now.

Last edited by Rubix; 12-15-07 at 04:26 AM.
Old 12-15-07, 02:07 PM

You could sell them on Half.com as New (unsealed).