Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

2-Disc Digipack SHADOWLESS SWORD question?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-07, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got around to purchasing the 2-Disc SHADOWLESS SWORD dvd. The clear plastic amaray casing that holds Disc 1 seems to unglue itself from the bottom casing/reinforced cardboard. There's sticky/glue that holds it to the illustrated case but with time it comes undone either by humidity or weight issues. Has anyone else had this problem? Initially I can fix the problem by pressing it back onto the cardboard but eventually (a few hours) it becomes unglued once again. (I don't want to ruin the illustration it lies on by applying some other foreign glue to its surface) Any ideas?

무영검 (無影劍, Shadowless Sword)
Special Edition - International Cut

Released by Taewon Entertainment/CJ Entertainment on April 21, 2006
2-Disc Digipack
2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
Dts, Dolby Digital 5.1
NTSC Region 3 - DVD9
116 Minutes - Colour
Old 06-10-07, 07:12 PM
rsk

No solution, but I also have that exact same problem with that release.
Old 06-10-07, 07:39 PM

That sucks!!!

On a related note: How did you guys like the film itself? I have been thinking about getting it because I really liked MUSA but have held off because it seems kind of pricey and most of the reviews I have read have said that the story is pretty underdeveloped. Most have praised and action/visuals however. So much did you think?
Old 06-11-07, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Vendetta-AKK
That sucks!!!

On a related note: How did you guys like the film itself? I have been thinking about getting it because I really liked MUSA but have held off because it seems kind of pricey and most of the reviews I have read have said that the story is pretty underdeveloped. Most have praised and action/visuals however. So much did you think?
I thought the story was fairly interesting but the action sequences are very well done along with the visual effects. I really liked the lead actress but the male protagonist (don't have credits in front of me) could have had a more charismatic persona. Ironically, I had just watched the Wuxia film THE RESTLESS and I'll take SHADOWLESS SWORD over that movie any day!
Old 06-11-07, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by TheDoug
Ironically, I had just watched the Wuxia film THE RESTLESS and I'll take SHADOWLESS SWORD over that movie any day!

Ha Ha!!! I realize after reading about half your post that I had mixed these two films up in my head. I have seen Shadowless Sword, it was The Restless that I meant to ask about because that was the one by the Director of MUSA. I can't get my Wuxia right today.
Old 06-11-07, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Would Elmer's Poster Tack do the trick? You could put a little on each of the four tabs of the disc holder.
Old 06-11-07, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by RaMMaR
Would Elmer's Poster Tack do the trick? You could put a little on each of the four tabs of the disc holder.
RaMMar that's actually not a bad idea, in fact, being a teacher I might have some of this stuff at one of the schools I work at! And Vendetta-AKK that's a funny coincidence my mentioning two films with the word LESS used both in their respective titles...it did make me "chuckle" Rsk, thanks for your comments as well, misery loves company.