Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Robocop (Lenticular Edition) Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-07, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Robocop (Lenticular Edition) Question

The new single disc (at least I assume it is the single disc) is being released this week (here). DDD lists it as the "R" version, but with a run time of 102 minutes. Amazon lists it as the "unrated" version. Does any one know which version it is? Robocop (20th Anniversary Collector's Edition) comes out August 21st. Will that 2 disc SE have the same print as this weeks?

I'm confused because the version of Abyss that comes out this week seems to be the SE with both versions.
Old 06-03-07, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Skip it, R rated version. Go for the 20th Ann edition which will contain both versions of the film!
Old 06-03-07, 08:48 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How pointless is that, brothers? 2 months after that, they'll be releasing a "Steelbook" version. Thats good 'ol capitalism doing its thing brothers!

Ooooooh yeeeaaah!!! DIG IT!!!
Old 06-03-07, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Julie Walker
Skip it, R rated version. Go for the 20th Ann edition which will contain both versions of the film!
But...but...but...this cover moves!!!111!!
Old 06-03-07, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Not sure what's on this new one; I'd assume it's the R one, though. I'm holding out for the 20th Anniversary edition in the steelbook.

Been waiting for a decent release of the unrated Robocop since I missed out on the Criterion when it went OOP.

(I might have to break down and get The Abyss, though. It doesn't look they're ever going to do a proper 16:9 version of it.)
Old 06-03-07, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts
I just got this in at work for release on Tuesday, and its the same one disc R-rated version thats already been released before but with the lenticular cover. I am buying the 20th Aniversery edition in august, even though I own the trilogy.
Old 06-03-07, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I just got this in at work for release on Tuesday, and its the same one disc R-rated version thats already been released before but with the lenticular cover. I am buying the 20th Aniversery edition in august, even though I own the trilogy.
Same here. I have the trilogy but will be glad to get the steelbook with BOTH versions and new extras.
Old 06-04-07, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well that answers that. Thank you.

It looks like I'll pass on getting this with Abyss at Circuit City (Buy 2 and get them for $7.99). I'll go ahead and order Abyss with DDD for their 20% sale (with the tax CC would charge it is about the same, anyway) and wait on Robocop.

Funny thing is, DDD has its release date (Abyss, I mean) set for NEXT Tuesday, not 6-5 like everyone else.