Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

? about Borders Rewards

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

? about Borders Rewards

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-07, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
? about Borders Rewards

I was under the impression you had to have a minimum of $10 in your Borders Rewards account to be able to take it out and spend it thru the end of January. However, I received an e-mail yesterday reminding me I had $6.72 in my account and to use it before the deadline.
The info also suggested to print out the e-mail and take it with me to the store, but I hate to get up to the register with a purchase and be told I didn't qualify.
So, does anyone know if I can use this, even though I never accrued the supposed minimum of $10? Has anyone tried to use these funds even if you had less than $10?
Thanks!
Old 01-10-07, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
I got the same e-mail and was wondering the same thing. Go for it, and report what happens. If they refuse to accept your coupon, throw the book and the coupon in the clerk's face, while shouting loudly "Bastards!!!!", before storming out of the store.
Old 01-10-07, 04:01 PM

I figured since I would have an e-mail copy with me, they'd probably honor it.
Also, I wondered what if someone who actually had more than $10 at one time spent a portion of it and had less than that when they tried to use it again. Wouldn't that basically show a similar "non-qualifying" amount, the second-time around?
Old 01-10-07, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think you have to reach a minimum of $10 in your account for the year before you can start to use it, but then after that you can use what you have in your account no matter how small it is. I've been able to use amounts of less than $10 without a problem.
Old 01-10-07, 04:30 PM

Walter,
The problem is I've never had $10 or more at any time in my account, so that's why I was wondering why I received the e-mail stating that I could use what's in it. I thought you had to have at least the minimum to start accessing your amount.
Old 01-10-07, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the same email and it said I have 1.35 or so to use. Thats all there ever was in it. I dont shop there much anymore but once they asked if I wanted to join so I did.

Old 01-10-07, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by redcon1
Walter,
The problem is I've never had $10 or more at any time in my account, so that's why I was wondering why I received the e-mail stating that I could use what's in it. I thought you had to have at least the minimum to start accessing your amount.
Ah, that's odd. I bet they will let you use it anyhow. I'd print out the e-mail just to be sure, but Borders seems to be pretty loose with their offers most of the time.
Old 01-10-07, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts
Originally Posted by redcon1
Also, I wondered what if someone who actually had more than $10 at one time spent a portion of it and had less than that when they tried to use it again. Wouldn't that basically show a similar "non-qualifying" amount, the second-time around?
Not a problem for me. I got some stuff back in December for free, which left a couple of dollars in my account. I then used those two dollars on a Janyary purchase.
Old 01-11-07, 05:41 AM

I also got the e-mail, even though I had less than $10 accrued.
I called them and they said these were e-mailed out in error - you do have to accrue $10 before being able to use it.
He said he would change my account and add $10 to the account for my confusion due to their error.
I used it at the store on Monday.
Old 01-11-07, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cverneau
I also got the e-mail, even though I had less than $10 accrued.
I called them and they said these were e-mailed out in error - you do have to accrue $10 before being able to use it.
He said he would change my account and add $10 to the account for my confusion due to their error.
I used it at the store on Monday.
By "called them", did you mean your local Borders, or the corporate Customer Care?
Old 01-11-07, 09:26 AM

Since the deadline to accrue rewards went through December 31st (I think the deadline was initially 12/25), I ended up with an additional $6+ as a result of post-Christmas shopping that I had to use before January 31st. Used the rewards the other day with no problem whatsoever.
Old 01-11-07, 11:12 AM

By "called them", did you mean your local Borders, or the corporate Customer Care?
Log into your account online (Bordersrewards.com), go to the contact section and call the number listed.
Old 01-11-07, 11:28 AM

Maybe not that many people had $10+ in their accounts, or maybe holiday sales were slow, and they're sending out these people with less than $10 to try and stir up some sales...
Old 01-12-07, 06:45 AM

I was in a Borders in NJ on Wednesday night and there was a lady at the register screaming AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS because they wouldn't allow her to redeem $6 in RP.

Apparently, anyone new with less than 10 dollars doesn't show up in their database, although if you print out the email they will honor it. (Of course this lady didn't have her email).

A bunch of us in the store were starting to take up a collection to get her $6 so she would stop screaming.