Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Amores Perros: which version?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-06, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amores Perros: which version?

I already own 21 Grams (not the new worthless SE) and with my recent view of Babel, I decided to go ahead and pick up Amores Perros.

I knew there were two version out in the U.S., but I figured like many other Lions Gates titles, the Signature Series was the same as the old (now OOP) version with the "critical praise" poster art.

I picked up the older version since it listed more special features, but I was unhappy that the two versions contained some varying listed items. You'd think they would collectively included everything released on the Signature Series set, but it looks like they left off some key items and added some new ones.

Which version is better? DVDBeaver didn't compare these two versions specifically so I was wondering in terms of audio/video/and special features which version is superior, or if both needed to be owned for people who loved this film (like myself).

Thanks for any input.
Old 12-21-06, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Signature series loses the "El Nacer: The Making Of Amores Perros" featurette, but gains "Storyboards" and "Photo Gallery".

As for the video and audio, they are identical. Both are anamorphic even though the first release doesn't list that. With that said, I did not double dip on this title.