Veronica Mars -- "Spit & Eggs" -- 11/28/06

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-06, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Veronica Mars -- "Spit & Eggs" -- 11/28/06

"Spit & Eggs"
Spoiler:
Dean O'Dell (Ed Begley Jr.) reinstates the Greek system on campus; Veronica, Mac, Wallace and Piz attend a party armed with coasters designed to test for drugs in their peers' drinks.

Cast: Kristen Bell, Enrico Colantoni, Percy Daggs III, Jason Dohring, Francis Capra, Ryan Hansen , Michael Muhney, Tina Majorino, Chris Lowell, Julie Gonzalo, Ed Begley Jr.
Director(s): Rob Thomas.
Producer(s): Joel Silver, Rob Thomas.
Writer(s): Rob Thomas.

Original Airdate: November 28, 2006.
Old 11-28-06, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Reminder, thiis is the last episode of the rape arc (and according to the spoiler
Spoiler:
Mac returns
Old 11-28-06, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent. Loved it, and I know V was in turmoil as she was running...but did she ever look sexy! I enjoyed Mac back, and I also enjoyed the overall ending to the story arc. I didn't really expect the rapists to be who they were...it wasn't shocking at first, but then it got moreso as more info was gathered.

And the ending....didn't expect that at all....wonder how this is all going to play out!

When do new VMars episodes return? Anyone know?
Old 11-28-06, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
I loved the tense opening and then flashing back to the previous days.

And I had suspected the radio guy was the one, especially after one of the fake rapes killed his Mexico alibi, and had been secretly doing his college radio show via tape as a possible cover story alibi, but I never suspected the dorm monitor guy at all!

A great end to this first "arc" storyline of the season, and a great setup for the next arc!
Old 11-28-06, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great episode!
Old 11-28-06, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,898 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Originally Posted by JacksModernLife
When do new VMars episodes return? Anyone know?
January. I think 1/23/07, specifically.
Old 11-28-06, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New episodes return in january. I thought it was also either the campus radio dj or the professor's helper. I honestly think ratings wise, that it would get better ratings if it wasn't called "Arrie Tuesdays" Screams chick show.
Old 11-28-06, 09:45 PM
Banned

This series had a much more obvious "who dun it" than the previous ones. I (and several others on here) called it weeks ago.
Old 11-28-06, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This series had a much more obvious "who dun it" than the previous ones. I (and several others on here) called it weeks ago.
Last year people pegged Beav--er, Cassidy as the big bad months before the finale. And the year before, people guessed Aaron as the killer well in advance too. If the show plays fair and introduce Gladys the Lunch Lady ten minutes before revealing her to be the baddie, it's inevitable that some people will guess the answer in advance. As long as it's only a handful of people figuring it out, it's no biggie.
Old 11-28-06, 11:41 PM

I felt it was what a good Veronica Mars episode should be. The Fatboy Slim track at the beginning set the mood up awesome and kept me interested. I've been a Veronica Mars fan for a good while and will stick with it even if this season is somewhat weak. I'm curious what the deal was at the end with the dean? Either way it can't start back soon enough.
Old 11-28-06, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I know it's fictional, but I can't help picturing Logan going to town on those 2 jackasses for trying to hurt Veronica. The other stuff doesn't matter so much.

Please...whatever the problem is, can we get more Mac in the future? That's all that I ask.
Old 11-28-06, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think it's more about the wake that Veronica leaves when she goes after the big mystery, she's always riling up groups of people.

Hate the new bangs.

Now, the Dean's mystery, I guess it ties into the "planning the perfect murder" angle.
Old 11-29-06, 01:47 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 268 Likes on 203 Posts
I thought it was good.

I wasn't surprised about Mercer, but the RA being involved was a surprise.
Old 11-29-06, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When did Mercer's mexico alibi get busted?

I was disappointed in a few areas. First, the revelation itself, which kind of fell flat. Second, Mercer's rambling pre-rape monologue was just horrible writing. and third, the dean is dead.

Still, there were good things. The slow motion shots of Veronica were good enough to watch twice. LoVe broke up. and Logan's ending in the pen was cool.

Oh, and the V's new hair cut seems strait out of a bad 80's rock video.

Last edited by wmansir; 11-29-06 at 02:50 AM.
Old 11-29-06, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mercer's alibi got busted when we found out that a few of the rapes were setup's by lilith house. I liked his rambling monologue, it gave a bit of character behind the crimes, as opposed to the RA. Why was he even involved?
Old 11-29-06, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There are way too many shows that now use the beginning in present time, only to flashback a couple of days ago to see how we got there. It's getting annoying.

Also annoying, criminals confessing to and explaining their crimes to no one in particular.
Old 11-29-06, 06:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
Last year people pegged Beav--er, Cassidy as the big bad months before the finale. And the year before, people guessed Aaron as the killer well in advance too.
But those were a small percentage of people. It seems like a high percentage figured out the RA deal a long time ago (he has room keys and kept giving people tea, plus he's unassuming) and a lot of people figured Mercer would be in on it (too many coincidences).

It just seemed a lot more obvious to me than past seasons.
Old 11-29-06, 06:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by movieking
Also annoying, criminals confessing to and explaining their crimes to no one in particular.
That's been a problem for about 50 years. It goes along with the criminal confessing everything to the protagonist just before the eminent demise of the protagonist. Of course, then the criminal leaves some drawn-out death machine on auto while he/she leaves and the protagonist excapes.
Old 11-29-06, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

See: Bond, James
Old 11-29-06, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I know it's fictional, but I can't help picturing Logan going to town on those 2 jackasses for trying to hurt Veronica. The other stuff doesn't matter so much.
Really? Wasn't Logan somehow part of it? Was he willing to "leak" the Mexico story to Veronica and refuse to tell the police so vehemently just as a "favor" to Mercer? It'll be interesting to learn exactly what Logan knew....

Great to see Mac, Wallace and Piz play "Watsons"... especially when they got fake IDs out of it.

Overall I must say bravo - even a short story arc was great.
Old 11-29-06, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kaze0
Mercer's alibi got busted when we found out that a few of the rapes were setup's by lilith house. I liked his rambling monologue, it gave a bit of character behind the crimes, as opposed to the RA. Why was he even involved?
The RA was Mercer's prisoner during the "prison" experiment some previous year. I believe that was the photo Veronica was looking at, plus when the RA was whining and Mercer smacked him he said something like "shut up prisoner!" Also, during the prison episode Wallace asked the RA about it and he said Wallace should do it because the experience had changed his life.
Old 11-29-06, 07:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Really? Wasn't Logan somehow part of it? Was he willing to "leak" the Mexico story to Veronica and refuse to tell the police so vehemently just as a "favor" to Mercer? It'll be interesting to learn exactly what Logan knew....
No. Mercer and Logan were in Mexico and the story was a valid alabi for one of the rapes (that was later shown to be a hoax).

Unless it's some sort of twisted plot where we find out that the Dean was scheduling the parties so that the RA / Mercer could drug and rape girls to repay a gambling debt to Logan and that the girls were chosen because they were enemies of Logan, leading to Logan killing the dean to keep him quiet and beating up Mercer and the RA for getting caught and to intimidate them.
Old 11-29-06, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Very dark episode and by far the best this year...I like the break up of the huge arc into a smaller ones. Its such a shame that this will probably be the last season for this show, as even though it can be weak at times, I will take a weak ep of VM over just about any other show on TV right now.
Old 11-29-06, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by matta
No. Mercer and Logan were in Mexico and the story was a valid alabi for one of the rapes (that was later shown to be a hoax).

Unless it's some sort of twisted plot where we find out that the Dean was scheduling the parties so that the RA / Mercer could drug and rape girls to repay a gambling debt to Logan and that the girls were chosen because they were enemies of Logan, leading to Logan killing the dean to keep him quiet and beating up Mercer and the RA for getting caught and to intimidate them.
No - that makes sense. ALSO that makes the fire make sense. If Mercer had a girl in his room, he was doing a more radical version of the campus rape scenarios - he actually torched the hooker and split. Hmmm.

Originally Posted by wmansir
The RA was Mercer's prisoner during the "prison" experiment some previous year. I believe that was the photo Veronica was looking at, plus when the RA was whining and Mercer smacked him he said something like "shut up prisoner!" Also, during the prison episode Wallace asked the RA about it and he said Wallace should do it because the experience had changed his life.
That is odd. The RA is obviously not a freshman (usually juniors or seniors in my experience), but I thought Mercer was a freshman - and also Logan's friend. Then again if this was happening last year too, I guess Mercer was at least a junior now which still makes me wonder why he'd be hanging out with Logan.

OH YEAH and can I just say THIS IS THE ONLY SHOW I WATCH LIVE! I still Tivo'ed it, but I can't wait for a new episode. I actually ENDURED ((gasp)) commercials!

Last edited by rfduncan; 11-29-06 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-29-06, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Satisfying resolution to the arc. I was very angry with Logan for making My Veronica cry. He vindicated himself a bit by getting arrested so he could kick rapist ass. Don't like her bangs though.

Goodbye Ed Begley Jr. We'll drive the dean to his grave in an electric hearse.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.