Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Would like some info on dvdfromkorea.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-06, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I've never ordered from dvdfromkorea before and was wondering if any of you could give me some information on them. Thanks
Old 07-08-06, 10:17 PM

This is really not the answer to your question but it might have some bearing. I purchased a Stargate Season Set on ebay that was the Asian Edition. I was assured that it was the same quality and would play on my DVD. Well it did play and it was not a burned disc but the quality was not there. There were more than one disc that had pixelations. They still play but with about half the discs with pixelations in them, they are nowhere near the quality of commercial discs I purchase here.
Old 07-09-06, 04:02 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by AlfB
I purchased a Stargate Season Set on ebay that was the Asian Edition.
Well, "Asian Edition" can mean Hong Kong, China, Thailand, Korea etc. And I don't think there even is a Korean Release as I couldn't find one at the known online shops (not even a Hong Kong release). But if you bought it on eBay it is most likely a (legit?) China version or a bootleg.
I own a lot of Korean Releases and the audio/video quality is usually top notch. The only thing missing 99% of the time are English subtitles on the extras.

And to answer the OP: DVDFromKorea are very reliable. I use them for most of my Korean purchases and their prices + service are very good. Their packaging is excellent, but shipping can be high as it is weight based.