Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Liberty City On PS2 Release date and price Question?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-06, 04:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I read somewhere that Liberty City is now going to be released on June 6 and that it's going to cost 19.99 is this accurate, has anybody heard anything else different? Thank you
Old 04-26-06, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MANBREASTS
I read somewhere that Liberty City is now going to be released on June 6 and that it's going to cost 19.99 is this accurate, has anybody heard anything else different? Thank you
$19.99 on Amazon.com with a release date of 6/5/06. Guess this answers your question.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...games&v=glance
Old 04-26-06, 12:55 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

That's what I read at www.Gamespot.com. I hope it's legit.
Old 04-26-06, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

For it to be so cheap and out so quick, its just a port of the PSP? No graphics update or anything?
Old 04-26-06, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Hopefully they will at least finish adding the helicopters.
Old 04-26-06, 06:46 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by djones6746
$19.99 on Amazon.com with a release date of 6/5/06. Guess this answers your question.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...games&v=glance

Thank You !
Old 04-27-06, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Awesome news! I've always loved GTAIII, but never felt the need for a PSP, so I can't wait for this. I should probably finish up SA while I have the time... that damn last mission
Old 04-28-06, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MasterCXtreme
Awesome news! I've always loved GTAIII, but never felt the need for a PSP, so I can't wait for this. I should probably finish up SA while I have the time... that damn last mission
Not sure if it is just me or what. Still playing San Andreas on my Xbox....have not played in awhile but looking to get back to it. As much as I like this game, it does not keep me coming back for more as the first two titles. When GTA III and Vice City were released on the PS2, I played these relentlessly for the better part of one year starting over several times after I had finished the game. Maybe my life is just too busy right now for games....

I cannot wait to get back to Liberty City and with a $19.99 price tag...absolutely incredible. Rockstar obviously made their money on this game when it hit the PSP and felt they could offer a "greatest hits" type of price with the release on Playstation 2.
Old 04-28-06, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by djones6746
Not sure if it is just me or what. Still playing San Andreas on my Xbox....have not played in awhile but looking to get back to it. As much as I like this game, it does not keep me coming back for more as the first two titles. When GTA III and Vice City were released on the PS2, I played these relentlessly for the better part of one year starting over several times after I had finished the game. Maybe my life is just too busy right now for games....

I cannot wait to get back to Liberty City and with a $19.99 price tag...absolutely incredible. Rockstar obviously made their money on this game when it hit the PSP and felt they could offer a "greatest hits" type of price with the release on Playstation 2.
I hear ya, GTAIII definitley holds the best nostalgia of all the old GTA craze. I've been picking up SA on and off since it came out... like I said - still haven't finished it. Can't wait to pick this up espcially with the price. I probably would've coughed up $50 for it. Whew.
Old 05-01-06, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Current PSM mag has a Vice City Stories coming out for the PSP which will eventually make it to the PS2!!! Hopefully, they can release the PS2 version for the same price tag as Liberty Stories.