Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

AZIRIS NUNA: new Russian Space/Sci-Fi movie from Night & Day Watch author

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AZIRIS NUNA is a new movie from the Russian author Sergei Lukyanenko of NIGHT WATCH and DAY WATCH fame. It looks like a pretty amazing looking Space/comedy/Sci-fi movie - sort of like THE FIFTH ELEMENT and Turkey's G.O.R.A. The DVD is coming out soon (sold at www.alldvd.ca), but so far no English subtitles have been confirmed.

Here's the summary:
Once, a stone lump covered with vague mysterious Egyptian scripts has been brought to city archeological museum. To his surprise the museum ward found a crack in this lump with a mysterious metal object seen in it.
Brothers Stas and Kostya came to know about this suspicious lump of stone and sneaked into the museum at night. Inside this rock they found a strange metal capsule, got into it and, quite surprisingly, set out for a time journey!!!
First, they find themselves in 2506 as the prisoners of Space Prison then get in touch with the unusual people of the future to play a strange game with them. Later, they are captured by the fantastic sphinx Shidla who guards them from various dangers. Further, the brothers keep moving in their time machine and their next stop is Ancient Egypt. Here, they come across blood-thirsty pharaoh Nemenkhotep who gives an order to punish them capitally and again they narrowly escape death. However, rescued as usual, the brothers aboard their time machine and return into their own time and into their family. But, the real end of their adventures turns out to be their skirmish with the living mummy of pharaoh Nemenkhotep in the archeological museum!!!

The cool trailer can be seen at the website:
http://www.azirisnuna.ru

So where is that "special" Russian DVD company that adds English subtitles to their DVDs? This is kinda the movie that English-speaking folk wanna see!

Last edited by toddly6666; 04-08-06 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-09-07, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i haven't yet...not even a "special" russian dvd with subs...it just might be possible that this movie will never get english subs, since it is a fantasy family/children's film(i've seen parts of it, and it's definitely more for kids).

I've noticed that a lot of these epic-looking fantasy/special effects-heavy movies for kids made in different countries (such as Spain, Scandinavia, France, Germany, Thailand) don't always get english subtitles on their dvds, because maybe it's hard to market even if it was dubbed into english. It's pretty annoying.

My only hope is that in a couple years, Thailand will put this movie on DVD with English subs. For the past couple years, Thailand has always been my savior for being the only country that get cool blockbuster foreign movies not available anywhere elese on DVD with English subs and great video/audio quality (I saw Strings, Atomik Circus, Sophie Scholl, The White Massai, Lasko Deathtrain...I have yet to see The Lost Treasure of the Knight Templar, Close to Home, Locked Out, The Tiger Brigades, Zodiac:The Race Begins, etc)..